Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 06:41 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Gods word is 100% clear---the lake of fire = destruction-eternal.
Yes Jesus did die for all--those that accept it and repent--Jesus taught--FEW.
Your teachers say all--Jesus says few--- The wise know who to listen to.
The Bible does not say the lake of fire is destruction. The Bible says the lake of fire is death. Nor does it say the lake of fire is eternal. Paul saw the future day when the death of the lake of fire would be done away and all those people would be subjected to God and God would then be All in all. (see 1 Corinthians 15:22-28).

Jesus ransomed all mankind. All mankind have been ransomed. After a ransom has been made there is no choice for the ransomed one to make. They must be freed. That is what the Bible reveals to us. This is why God will have all mankind to be saved because Christ ransomed all mankind in 1 Timothy 2:4-6.

The few the found the path to life were the few that tried to find life through the law. The few did not find "eternal life." They just found life. Paul says if righteousness is through law then Christ need not have died.

Try to learn what ransom means in the Bible and how it affects one who is ransomed.

Last edited by Eusebius; 06-17-2016 at 07:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 07:45 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The Bible does not say the lake of fire is destruction. The Bible says the lake of fire is death. Nor does it say the lake of fire is eternal. Paul saw the future day when the death of the lake of fire would be done away and all those people would be subjected to God and God would then be All in all. (see 1 Corinthians 15:22-28).
Jesus ransomed all mankind. All mankind have been ransomed. After a ransom has been made there is no choice for the ransomed one to make. They must be freed. That is what the Bible reveals to us. This is why God will have all mankind to be saved because Christ ransomed all mankind in 1 Timothy 2:4-6.
The few the found the path to life were the few that tried to find life through the law. The few did not find "eternal life." They just found life. Paul says if righteousness is through law then Christ need not have died.
Try to learn what ransom means in the Bible and how it affects one who is ransomed.
Adam put all of us in the Pawn Shop of Death.
Since we can Not resurrect oneself or another we need someone who can resurrect us, Jesus can - Revelation 1:18
Jesus taught his ransom does NOT cover everyone because Matthew 20:28 says his ransom covers MANY not all.
Jesus taught there is No forgiveness for one committing the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32 . - Hebrews 6:4-6
So, there are those who are Not covered by Jesus' ransom.
At the end of Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth then ALL who are left standing will gain everlasting life either heaven for some, or living forever on Earth for the rest of righteous mankind.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:58 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If you truly believe, you would not have posted about other people's God, because you would believe there is no other God.

If/when God speaks to your spirit, you will know. He will be a witness to your conscience.
I did believe at one time, but as I said, I didn't receive the information I requested. I understand your unwillingness to answer my questions because they can cause doubt in a believer's faith. I want to believe things that are true. Do you?

Old 06-17-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I did believe at one time, but as I said, I didn't receive the information I requested. I understand your unwillingness to answer my questions because they can cause doubt in a believer's faith. I want to believe things that are true. Do you?
Do you believe that the Bible is true ? ________ Jesus taught that the Scriptures are religious truth - John 17:17; 4:23-24

Old 06-17-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Do you believe that the Bible is true ? ________ Jesus taught that the Scriptures are religious truth - John 17:17; 4:23-24
That's circular reasoning. Of course the Bible will claim the Bible is religious truth.
Some parts of the Bible are true, some are not, according to the available evidence.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
That's circular reasoning. Of course the Bible will claim the Bible is religious truth.
Some parts of the Bible are true, some are not, according to the available evidence.
Thank you for your reply, how did you conclude some parts are Not true?
Since Jesus used logical reasoning on the old Hebrew Scriptures on which to base his teachings, then Jesus believed that Scripture is religious truth. What do you find wrong with Jesus' Sermon on the Mount or _________

Old 06-17-2016, 08:19 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,904,212 times
It's always been my view that the 'lake of fire' is that which will cleanse the earth at the end of time after which a New Earth will be created. Everlasting torment is OBVIOUSLY a figurative term, the exact meaning of which is beyond the scope of any human being.

I'm playing the devil's advocate here by assuming that the Bible is true.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:31 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,164,385 times
Eternal torment is not lunacy it is plainly scriptural.........when man mocks and tramples the ultimate sacrifice of the Creator God who came down and took on our humanity to die a horrible death and pay not for His sins, but our sin debt......well those who choose to remain apart from God and refuse the free gift of salvation richly deserve the end in store for them..........

Old 06-17-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
It's always been my view that the 'lake of fire' is that which will cleanse the earth at the end of time after which a New Earth will be created. Everlasting torment is OBVIOUSLY a figurative term, the exact meaning of which is beyond the scope of any human being.
I'm playing the devil's advocate here by assuming that the Bible is true.
The definition of the lake of fire is defined at Rev. 20:13-14 as ' second death '
Second death will rid the earth of the wicked - Rev. 21:8 ; Psalm 92:7

Yes, everlasting ' torment ' is figurative. Notice it does Not say everlasting ' torture '
In Bible speak, a tormentor was a jailer and Not a torturer - Matthew 18:30,34

As the earth was cleaned in Noah's day Not by a replacing Earth, but a new earthly society, so under Christ Earth will be cleaned of all wickedness starting with the soon coming ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37

Old 06-17-2016, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Thank you for your reply, how did you conclude some parts are Not true?
Since Jesus used logical reasoning on the old Hebrew Scriptures on which to base his teachings, then Jesus believed that Scripture is religious truth. What do you find wrong with Jesus' Sermon on the Mount or _________
The creation story, the Exodus, Noah's flood, Jonah and the big fish, the Resurrection, the Ascension, are all contrary to what science has determined, among many others.

We have no writings from any eyewitnesses of what Jesus said, much less what reasoning he used to determine his beliefs. Other than the Bible, what has made you believe these are true, assuming this is what you believe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity