Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2016, 11:51 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Amen brother, couldn't rep you but enjoyed reading this post.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Do you consider homosexuality to be a sin, if so, you are a walking contradiction:

"God will break in and wipe out people based directly on a person's personal sin."
Homosexuality is sin. So is murder. Neither one is of God.

Always the attempt to accuse and discredit....

Old 06-18-2016, 12:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

The lunacy of eternal torment is beyond the pale.
Which comes from bleached, whitewashed tombs.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I will take your response to mean that you take no further issue with this particular line of questions in your attempt to discredit... and you feel the need to get in one last jab.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Do you consider homosexuality to be a sin, if so, you are a walking contradiction:

"God will break in and wipe out people based directly on a person's personal sin."
Quote:

Two or more for the price of one, isn't that special?
Humanity does the work of God without knowing it.

Except for those who believe - they have all the answers.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I will take your response to mean that you take no further issue with this particular line of questions in your attempt to discredit... and you feel the need to get in one last jab.
If, the truth hurts?

Old 06-18-2016, 12:33 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I doubt you'll get any response to the points you raise, beyond
1) defense of God's unholy actions because God is God, so God's rules for us don't apply to God, ["do as I say, not as I do"]
2) bible quotes assuring you that you are a vile sinner deserving of eternal punishment,[which doesn't actually change if you become a Christian, but you'll be "covered" and God (the all-knowing) will somehow no longer see you as you really are] or,
3) accusations that you don't want to understand/believe because you want to keep sinning [which, once you're a Christian, you won't want to do anymore, but you won't be able to help yourself, so you'll be no different than non-Christians in how you behave, but at least you'll be miserable about it - but happy because the real you is "covered/hidden" from God's eyes], and/or that you can't understand because you're not born again and don't have God's spirit which would enable to you to understand [a catch 22].
Like I said.
Points 1 & 2...

Quote:
Regarding God's killing people... pre-meditated murder and taking a life are two different things. Consider the person who shot the people in Orlando. Let's say he was captured alive. He was not in any position of authority to take a life - so he committed murder. Let's say he was taken to court, found guilty and sentenced to death. When the death penalty is rendered, is the state guilty of murder? No. They executed a judgment.

God being who He is, is always in a position of judgment. Judgment was rendered in Genesis 3 on all who came from Adam regarding sin. One of the judgments was physical death for all who have sin - which is everyone outside of Christ. So every death that occurs - whether it be someone being murdered, or old age, is a result of the judgment in Genesis 3. Sometimes God will break in and wipe out people based directly on a person's personal sin. He is in the position to do that, and it's not murder.

Now, that judgment of death is physical. Our souls and spirits still will exist before God. That's where God's mercy comes into play and the death and resurrection of Christ come into play. Even though the judgment of physical death is final, God gives an opportunity for redemption through the resurrection of His Son... in that all we have to do is truly believe in His death for our sins, and His resurrection to new life - and we can be reconciled to God.

Old 06-18-2016, 01:27 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The Bible does not say the lake of fire is destruction. The Bible says the lake of fire is death. Nor does it say the lake of fire is eternal. Paul saw the future day when the death of the lake of fire would be done away and all those people would be subjected to God and God would then be All in all. (see 1 Corinthians 15:22-28).

Jesus ransomed all mankind. All mankind have been ransomed. After a ransom has been made there is no choice for the ransomed one to make. They must be freed. That is what the Bible reveals to us. This is why God will have all mankind to be saved because Christ ransomed all mankind in 1 Timothy 2:4-6.

The few the found the path to life were the few that tried to find life through the law. The few did not find "eternal life." They just found life. Paul says if righteousness is through law then Christ need not have died.

Try to learn what ransom means in the Bible and how it affects one who is ransomed.

The ransom bought back what Adam lost for all mankind. It opened the door to all. Jesus taught Few would find that path.

Old 06-18-2016, 02:58 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
Regarding God's killing people... pre-meditated murder and taking a life are two different things. Consider the person who shot the people in Orlando. Let's say he was captured alive. He was not in any position of authority to take a life - so he committed murder. Let's say he was taken to court, found guilty and sentenced to death. When the death penalty is rendered, is the state guilty of murder? No. They executed a judgment.

God being who He is, is always in a position of judgment. Judgment was rendered in Genesis 3 on all who came from Adam regarding sin. One of the judgments was physical death for all who have sin - which is everyone outside of Christ. So every death that occurs - whether it be someone being murdered, or old age, is a result of the judgment in Genesis 3. Sometimes God will break in and wipe out people based directly on a person's personal sin. He is in the position to do that, and it's not murder.

Now, that judgment of death is physical. Our souls and spirits still will exist before God. That's where God's mercy comes into play and the death and resurrection of Christ come into play. Even though the judgment of physical death is final, God gives an opportunity for redemption through the resurrection of His Son... in that all we have to do is truly believe in His death for our sins, and His resurrection to new life - and we can be reconciled to God.
I'd like to get back to our discussion, if you don't mind. To refresh your memory, here's my last response to you.

Quote:
Muslims would say that Muhammad flew to Heaven on a winged horse, no God or prophet has ever done that either. How did you come to the conclusion that what you believe is more true than the billions of others who believe differently?
You say that I am presented the evidence, but that it is not something that I can determine by reason. What other mechanism should I use to evaluate the evidence?

I can't always consciously control what I think and believe. I only believe what I am convinced to believe by the evidence. How do you know that God has given me the information? No offense, but why should I believe what you are telling me over what my Muslim and Hindu friends tell me?

Now, to answer your question, I don't know that anyone named Jesus was raised from the dead. I don't have any evidence, other than an ancient text of hearsay evidence and science has shown that it is not likely.
What would be your follow-up?

Old 06-18-2016, 03:40 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
I don't know your heart. God does. He sees your heart and your spirit, and he will know if/when you truly believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Your omni-god doesn't know at the beginning of time whether or not one of its creations are going to believe in it or not?

You guys really don't get the omni thing do ya?
What say you DRob4JC?

Do you look at vaja ja's for jesus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity