Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2016, 05:52 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
First you have to get with the times man, people don't want to hear the truth of Gods Word anymore, ....
It's for you to show that it is true. Can you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 06:02 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,295 times
I can't give you a new heart Rafius, only God can open your eyes to the truth.

But I can and will pray for you amigo

Old 06-22-2016, 06:23 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:

So you can't show that it's true. Thought not...amigo!

Old 06-22-2016, 06:54 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
Yes l, hence my belief in God.

Have you answered that question within your own life?
Yes. As a matter of fact that's my goal, to find the truth. I am open enough to accept any demonstrable compelling evidence that would convince me of the truth. I would like to know that if I was to demonstrate to you that Vishnu or Allah was the true God (not that I can), would you be open to accepting it?

Old 06-22-2016, 08:16 AM

225 posts, read 112,568 times
[quote=Chanokh;44502440]First you have to get with the times man, people don't want to hear the truth of Gods Word anymore, they want to hear 'peace, peace', their ears desire to be tickled with fantasies of agape love and universal acceptance until the day they die, and then the reality of hell will be undeniable.[/Qlll

What about freewill? Not all people want or desire war. People are people, they are living beings, they have thoughts and feelings. You guys take this darkness and war thing too far. G od.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:41 AM

What about Jesus Christ not coming to bring peace, but a sword?

Matthew 10:34-36 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

It's not a physical war, but a Spiritual war that concerns truth, it's a reality we cannot escape from Sephiroth. Whether we want to or not, we are always a part of that war, and it's love for other peoples souls that makes it worth fighting for our Lord. We cannot say peace, peace and tickle the ears of the ungodly, however much they like to hear it, we must proclaim the truth of Gods Word because that is our sword in this war against the deceptions of satan that wants to drag people to hell with the notion that it doesn't exist.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:52 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:

That's an interesting notion. If God can open Rafius' eyes, why does he not?

Old 06-22-2016, 09:02 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Just another holy induced hardened heart

Old 06-22-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
That's an interesting notion. If God can open Rafius' eyes, why does he not?
Maybe He will, he wouldn't be the first adamant atheist that converted. But can I know the deep things of God? Do I know where the wind comes from and where it goes? So it is with everyone that is born of the Spirit Christ says (John 3).

What I do know is that God wants to give us grace, and from what I have seen and read on this forum, Rafius has been shared the love and grace of God for sinners, forgiveness of sin through faith in Jesus Christ many many times. But Rafius is one hardened rejecter of God that will deny the truth in the very face of it. Only Gods grace can overcome that, but God is not obliged to do it, plenthy of atheists die in their sin and are nonetheless responsible for their unbelief and sin.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:44 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,376,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Yes. As a matter of fact that's my goal, to find the truth. I am open enough to accept any demonstrable compelling evidence that would convince me of the truth. I would like to know that if I was to demonstrate to you that Vishnu or Allah was the true God (not that I can), would you be open to accepting it?
I'm always open to Divine inspiration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity