Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 02:14 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Ha! I just hung out with an acquaintance last night ...last time was over a month ago.
He said, I healed him last time we were together*...he had what he considered to be
a seriously scary kidney issue. He was very burdened.

I vaguely remember doing a silent healing...we talked a lot about him knocking off
his fear and negative thinking...and developing a more positive mindset.
I may have mentioned I was a healer**, I dunno...I guess I did!
Must have.
I think I was talking to him about how he could heal himself...we
all have that power....but, not when there is fear present.
He had shaved his beard, got a haircut and looked so much younger!
It was great to see him smiling.

It is a very common question...Why don't you hang out in a hospital?
If I had a dime for every time...hahahah
Right back at ya...Why don't you? You have the same capability anyone does?

* Now watch! I'll get guff for it....hahahahahahahahahaha
** I'm not, of course, the Holy Spirit is.

I just want to point out that you didn't heal him, the Spirit in you did. Otherwise it sounds like you're taking His glory unto yourself, which I know you don't want to do. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Well, no, by your own testimony this is not true. We do not all have the same capability. You have spent hours and hours and hours a day for decades in order to cultivate a relationship with God wherein God is drawn to you like a moth to flame and gives you every desire of your heart (unless it is blocked by others). The rest of us are limited by our beliefs, beliefs which we have because we don't know God the way that you do.

You, and apparently Rbbi, are among a very elite few. To quote Spidey's uncle: with great power comes great responsibility.

Only if elite means submitted to the Spirit. He is no respecter of persons, but He does reward faith. Peace

Old 07-29-2016, 02:21 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Only if elite means submitted to the Spirit. He is no respecter of persons, but He does reward faith. Peace
With great reward comes great responsibility.

Old 07-29-2016, 02:48 PM

So the question remains:

It is a very common question...Why don't you hang out in a hospital?

Old 07-29-2016, 02:53 PM

I'm the last poster, so assuming you're talking to me.......the gift of healing is not ours, it's His, and as such we don't get to use it on whoever we choose, but rather who He says. All trees bear fruit in their own season, and He controls the seasons, both with us, and with whoever we are praying with.

Like MH said, there are lots of variables to contend with, but this is the foundational one, I'd say. Peace

Old 07-29-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I'm the last poster, so assuming you're talking to me.......the gift of healing is not ours, it's His, and as such we don't get to use it on whoever we choose, but rather who He says. All trees bear fruit in their own season, and He controls the seasons, both with us, and with whoever we are praying with.

Like MH said, there are lots of variables to contend with, but this is the foundational one, I'd say. Peace
Has God told you that you shouldn't go to hospitals?

Old 07-29-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Has God told you that you shouldn't go to hospitals?

No, but when I was in them He wouldn't let me go room to room after praying for someone else (who was healed) that He DID send me to. We are SENT, He directs our paths. In my experience when I tried to get ahead of His Spirit, it bears no fruit. A few brick walls later, I learned to rest in being sent, not sending myself and hoping something would happen. Peace

Old 07-29-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
No, but when I was in them He wouldn't let me go room to room after praying for someone else (who was healed) that He DID send me to. We are SENT, He directs our paths. In my experience when I tried to get ahead of His Spirit, it bears no fruit. A few brick walls later, I learned to rest in being sent, not sending myself and hoping something would happen. Peace

So, how often are you sent to heal people?

And, I'm wondering if you've gone to the pediatric or nicu wards. I would think that young children and babies would have very few to no blocks to being healed.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:15 PM

Another question. If it's God doing the healing, what does She need you for? You and MissH say you can't heal people who are blocked ... if they are not blocked, what's stopping them from being healed directly by God? Why do they need a middle-woman?

Old 07-29-2016, 03:28 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
I just want to point out that you didn't heal him, the Spirit in you did. Otherwise it sounds like you're taking His glory unto yourself, which I know you don't want to do. Peace
You must have missed many posts where I always say that ... how could it be 'me'...
of course, it is the Holy Spirit!
Ha, I wouldn't even say the Spirit in me....just
the Holy Spirit, period, in the air we breath..or..I guess in the person that got healed, right?
Who knows.

In writing and conversation it is common to say, "I'm going to a healer today"....when the person
you're seeing themselves is not a healer at all.
Or to say, "I did a healing yesterday." Of course, I didn't...the Holy Spirit did.
When I've written it so many times to clarify that point I don't bother...for me it is a given.

Pleroo...we are all capable of all sorts of what seem as miracles.
I am 'capable' of being a physicist...if I would do the studying...see, what I mean.
I am 'capable' of lifting 120 lbs over my head if I would practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity