Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 08:26 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Exactly! It happens all the time with these Christians. At least the JW's and 'Christian Science' have the courage of their convictions, refuse hospital treatment and stay home and pray. All the other type of Christians lap up medical science...and then give all the credit to their man-god....who made them ill in the first place!

Are you attempting to goad people into NOT seeking medical help? That's what it sounds like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 08:38 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Are you attempting to goad people into NOT seeking medical help? That's what it sounds like.
No. I am trying to get them to have the courage of their beliefs.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
No. I am trying to get them to have the courage of their beliefs.

Bull. You are ridiculing people for praying and wanting their God to heal them. You would rather have people forego medical treatment so that when their illness progresses you can say, "See, your god can't do anything." You want to goad people into not seeking medical help because you think that would prove that God does not exist. That's cold.

As far as people having the courage of their beliefs, you are talking to people who apparently believe that the way their God operates, in part, is through medical knowledge and those who have more skill than they do in that field. So, they are operating in the courage of those beliefs when they seek their help.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:37 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Bull. You are ridiculing people for praying and wanting their God to heal them.
No, I'm 'ridiculing' (your word) people that claim that prayer works and that their god will heal them but, rather than staying home, praying and relying on their god to heal them, as the JW's and 'Christian Science' do, they go running off to hospital to take advantage of all that 'science' that they don't believe in and banging antibiotics down their throats which are drugs that depend on what we know of evolution, which they love to claim is false. Then when the science, the doctors and the antibiotics cure them, all we hear is 'Praise the Lord'. I have never seen one of these 'miraculous cure' thread that have given credit to the things and/or people that DID the curing.

Quote:
You would rather have people forego medical treatment so that when their illness progresses you can say, "See, your god can't do anything."
Why would their illness get worse? They believe that praying to their god will cure them. Well they should stop being hypocrites and stay home and pray like the JW's and CS do. Leave the hospital beds and services to those of us that know it is medical science that cures not superstitious nonsense.

Quote:
You want to goad people into not seeking medical help because you think that would prove that God does not exist.
I have no need to. It has been proven in numerous controlled scientific tests that prayer doesn't work. It not about me. It's about people being hypocrites.

Quote:
As far as people having the courage of their beliefs, you are talking to people who apparently believe that the way their God operates, in part, is through medical knowledge and those who have more skill than they do in that field. So, they are operating in the courage of those beliefs when they seek their help.
Yes, I understand that. It's a good way of claiming that their god cures them whilst relying on medical science. Let's see them stay home and pray.

...and if they really do believe that the way their God operates, in part, is through medical knowledge and those who have more skill than they do in that field, then it would be nice, just once in a while, if they were to give the due credit to medical knowledge and those who have more skill than they do in that field, rather than the sycophantic wailing of 'Praise the Lord'! Jesus cured me! God is good!

Just once it would be nice to hear. .... 'The doctors and hospital staff were wonderful. I'd never have made it without them. Thank goodness for science and what it has given us'

Old 07-24-2016, 11:19 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
To the original poster. If you're still around, you might want to find a Christian site to post on that will help build your faith. This board is ABOUT Christianity and as such, leeway that is not generally not given to atheist and agnostic posters on Christian sites, pretty much have free rein here. Blessings to you in your walk...and peace.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:30 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Nobody has ever answered this question.

How come God answers some prayers and not others?

Some people have all their prayers answered,and some never have their prayers answered.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:16 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Nobody has ever answered this question.

How come God answers some prayers and not others?

Some people have all their prayers answered,and some never have their prayers answered.
This is the 1st x I have seen this asked.
I can answer the question, jerseygal...I knew this even as a young girl...
It is not that 'God' answers some prayers and not others, not at all.

There are other factors involved...it's called blocking or not allowing or not truly
believing what you are asking for.

Example: "God please cure my cancer."
Subconscious/unconscious thought or core belief: 'He has the power to do it ...but I deserve this...
I've been really bad...it's my lot in life....it is my fate, I'm in stage 4....I'm being punished,
I'm being taught a lesson..." and so on...

Send mixed messages...and it is like what Peter said...a double minded man can't expect to receive
from the Lord....paraphrased...or was it in James...lol.

Belief that you deserve what you are asking for is one of the keys.
We can have faith in God, love God, talk to God all day, serve God....but if we believe
He won't heal 'us'...then, forgetaboutit!
You have placed a huge blockade.

Belief in anything...whether you are an atheist or not...is KEY to the this Life here...
I think it might be a Law of this place...earth.

Believe and receive...it works for me all the time.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:20 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
I should add...Jesus taught how to pray ...it wasn't, "God, please cure my cancer."

He said, 'SAY to this mountain..." (Don't ask me, don't ask the Father, see)
...SAY TO
the mountain...so you should be saying to the cancer..."Be Gone!"
Big difference.

The book ''Prayers Answered Guaranteed!'' by Fred Price...explains it all.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I should add...Jesus taught how to pray ...it wasn't, "God, please cure my cancer."

He said, 'SAY to this mountain..." (Don't ask me, don't ask the Father, see)
...SAY TO
the mountain...so you should be saying to the cancer..."Be Gone!"
Big difference.

The book ''Prayers Answered Guaranteed!'' by Fred Price...explains it all.
Have you ever read "Five Children and It", Miss H?

Old 07-24-2016, 01:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
No, I'm 'ridiculing' (your word) people that claim that prayer works and that their god will heal them but, rather than staying home, praying and relying on their god to heal them, as the JW's and 'Christian Science' do, they go running off to hospital to take advantage of all that 'science' that they don't believe in and banging antibiotics down their throats which are drugs that depend on what we know of evolution, which they love to claim is false. Then when the science, the doctors and the antibiotics cure them, all we hear is 'Praise the Lord'. I have never seen one of these 'miraculous cure' thread that have given credit to the things and/or people that DID the curing.

Why would their illness get worse? They believe that praying to their god will cure them. Well they should stop being hypocrites and stay home and pray like the JW's and CS do. Leave the hospital beds and services to those of us that know it is medical science that cures not superstitious nonsense.

I have no need to. It has been proven in numerous controlled scientific tests that prayer doesn't work. It not about me. It's about people being hypocrites.

Yes, I understand that. It's a good way of claiming that their god cures them whilst relying on medical science. Let's see them stay home and pray.

...and if they really do believe that the way their God operates, in part, is through medical knowledge and those who have more skill than they do in that field, then it would be nice, just once in a while, if they were to give the due credit to medical knowledge and those who have more skill than they do in that field, rather than the sycophantic wailing of 'Praise the Lord'! Jesus cured me! God is good!

Just once it would be nice to hear. .... 'The doctors and hospital staff were wonderful. I'd never have made it without them. Thank goodness for science and what it has given us'
Sometimes, the wonderful world of doctors cannot do anything.
What would you recommend a person do, if that were the case?

Should the person, just lay down and die without any hope?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity