Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 09:56 PM

22,992 posts, read 10,337,131 times

Advertisements

And yet who can do any of the works of the spirit?

Nobody.

I know people find this offensive and I can't help that without staying true to myself.

If somebody has the Holy spirit, then why not come and lay hands on me to receive?

I am not trying to insult anyone, but the truth is simple as far as I see, Nobody has the spirit of Pentecost.

If they did, I would be following them wherever they may go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 10:31 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,019,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
If people still had the spirit of Pentecost, there would be no need for a second spirit. And there is nobody who can do the works of the holy spirit, that is just the truth.

Says who? That's not what the Word says. The HG does the works through us. That's what the gifts of the Spirit ARE, the works of the HG. And it's not a second Spirit, it's an INCREASE that's coming, thus DOUBLE portion. If it were not for every generation UNTIL Tabernacles, the Word would have said so, and there would have been no need to keep the instructions regarding the gifts, for the body. Peace

Old 07-12-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is perhaps nothing more frustrating and annoying for me than magical thinkers and symbolic kabbalists pretending they have the exclusive secret decoder ring to God's truth. Under the New Covenant, we ALL have access to Christ who abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." We don't need any secret decoder ring or anyone to teach us. Christ is the Living Word of God and He will teach us all we need to know if we sincerely seek it within our hearts in agape love of God and each other.

Mystic, you haven't even received the first infilling with the new birth, or you wouldn't keep insisting it doesn't happen until we die, so what would you know of the Comforter? The Comforter was what was received on the day of Pentecost, and I know you don't have that, either, because the first infilling is the prerequisite. So how is it you expect to understand spiritual things without the Spirit? Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 07-12-2016 at 11:18 AM..

Old 07-12-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Here's some 'tongues' for you, folks. And, they're genuine!

It doesn't matter how many naysayers who don't have it anymore than you do, that you dredge up. They are no more an authority on it, than you are. G-d honors faith, and without it, you cannot expect to receive anything from Him. Peace

Old 07-12-2016, 11:09 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,675,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Mystic, you haven't even received the first infilling with the new birth, or you wouldn't keep insisting it doesn't happen until we die, so what would you know of the Comforter? The Comforter was what was received on the day of Pentecost, and I know you don't have that, either, because the first infilling is the prerequisite. So how is you expect to understand spiritual things without the Spirit? Peace
Good insight !

It pays to pay attention to what ppl post ! you will catch the error of their ways every time !

Old 07-12-2016, 06:16 PM

63,568 posts, read 39,855,129 times
Quote:
There is perhaps nothing more frustrating and annoying for me than magical thinkers and symbolic kabbalists pretending they have the exclusive secret decoder ring to God's truth. Under the New Covenant, we ALL have access to Christ who abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." We don't need any secret decoder ring or anyone to teach us. Christ is the Living Word of God and He will teach us all we need to know if we sincerely seek it within our hearts in agape love of God and each other.
Quote:
Mystic, you haven't even received the first infilling with the new birth, or you wouldn't keep insisting it doesn't happen until we die, so what would you know of the Comforter? The Comforter was what was received on the day of Pentecost, and I know you don't have that, either, because the first infilling is the prerequisite. So how is it you expect to understand spiritual things without the Spirit? Peace
Our Spirit infills us at birth as a seed and it develops according to the "soil" in which it is seeded and the experiences, circumstances and care it receives during life. All the references to being "born of God" or "born from above" or "born again" do NOT refer to a BIRTH. They refer to our Conception as children of God by adoption of the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God) through love of God and each other. There is no BIRTH until our physical death. It is our practice of love of God and each other every day and repenting when we don't that matures our embryo Spirit in preparation for its birth as Spirit upon our death. Your belief in magical thinking and selection as special people does you no good and is detrimental to your spiritual maturity, IMO.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:07 PM

6,717 posts, read 2,857,759 times
Quote:
Here's some 'tongues' for you, folks. And, they're genuine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcd1a68YQq0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1
It doesn't matter how many naysayers who don't have it anymore than you do, that you dredge up. They are no more an authority on it, than you are. G-d honors faith, and without it, you cannot expect to receive anything from Him. Peace
Are you actually endorsing the behavior of those in the video? Does it have ANYTHING to do with God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit?

Old 07-13-2016, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Are you actually endorsing the behavior of those in the video? Does it have ANYTHING to do with God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit?

What is flesh is flesh, what is Spirit is Spirit. I endorse what is Spirit without reservation. Peace

Old 07-13-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Our Spirit infills us at birth as a seed and it develops according to the "soil" in which it is seeded and the experiences, circumstances and care it receives during life. All the references to being "born of God" or "born from above" or "born again" do NOT refer to a BIRTH. They refer to our Conception as children of God by adoption of the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God) through love of God and each other. There is no BIRTH until our physical death. It is our practice of love of God and each other every day and repenting when we don't that matures our embryo Spirit in preparation for its birth as Spirit upon our death. Your belief in magical thinking and selection as special people does you no good and is detrimental to your spiritual maturity, IMO.

Our spirit we have at birth is NOT the HOLY Spirit. Which is why we have to receive the HS by being born from above. Yeshua died, so that we could receive a portion of what He had. Your doctrine makes His death useless and needless.

And it is a new birth from above, because our new mother is New Jerusalem built by wisdom. Born, because that's what it says, and last time I checked being born meant a birth. Without the Spirit that IS love, all you have is man's "love", which is NOT the Spirit of G-d, however well-meaning it might APPEAR.
Peace

Old 07-13-2016, 08:46 PM

63,568 posts, read 39,855,129 times
Quote:
Quote:
Our spirit we have at birth is NOT the HOLY Spirit. Which is why we have to receive the HS by being born from above. Yeshua died, so that we could receive a portion of what He had. Your doctrine makes His death useless and needless.
On the contrary. It is Christ's death and rebirth as Spirit that makes the Holy Spirit (Comforter) sent in His name available to us within our consciousness. When we follow His guidance and love God and each other every day and repent when we don't THEN we are being "born of God" or "born from above" because everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. That is all the work of the Holy Spirit (Comforter). Those who do NOT listen to His guidance to the truth God has "written in our hearts" are blaspheming the Holy Spirit. We all know what that does.
Quote:
And it is a new birth from above, because our new mother is New Jerusalem built by wisdom. Born, because that's what it says, and last time I checked being born meant a birth. Without the Spirit that IS love, all you have is man's "love", which is NOT the Spirit of G-d, however well-meaning it might APPEAR.
Peace
It is a CONCEPTION because when a male is being referred to the word gennao translated as born does NOT mean birth. God is male. Males do NOT give birth. They inseminate and conceive, i.e., they beget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity