Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2016, 02:45 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Why would it since Titus 3:5 teaches that God the Holy Spirit being the active person in the renewal of the person. And its the same God the Holy Spirit that inspired all of the Bible.

Therefore the two are not separable.
The renewed person by the God the Holy Spirit holds the Bible as the truth which comes from the same God the Holy Spirit.
Do you not see this post as using the Bible to prove the Bible claims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 02:48 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What I read about what Jesus Christ in the scriptures had to say about our Heavenly Father resonated within me, brought me peace within, (which I couldn't explain to you even if you did believe me)and taught me to trust and rely on that peace within that passes all understanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I'll ask you what I asked twin.spin. Doesn't this presuppose the reliability of the Bible? If you agree, what caused you to presuppose this?
Not to speak for pcamps (who does quite well) but to answer your question from a different direction: No, it does not presuppose the reliability of the Bible, it supposes the reliability of the message by confirmation of our sense of how things work and how they ought to work. The Bible is just one of thew tools by which that message can be conveyed, and it has to be picked out of some obfuscation, but the person open to that realization, the person who CAN recognize that validity with the required honesty and information will discern it.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Not to speak for pcamps (who does quite well) but to answer your question from a different direction: No, it does not presuppose the reliability of the Bible, it supposes the reliability of the message by confirmation of our sense of how things work and how they ought to work. The Bible is just one of thew tools by which that message can be conveyed, and it has to be picked out of some obfuscation, but the person open to that realization, the person who CAN recognize that validity with the required honesty and information will discern it.
What other tools are you referring to?

Old 06-30-2016, 03:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
AmazingJohn, read my post again, I never said anything about the reliability of the scriptures.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Whatever comes in handy for conveying the message that concern for the well-being of everyone in any situation is the appropriate way to conduct community.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:24 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Haha! Good luck getting viable answer to that!

Old 06-30-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Whatever comes in handy for conveying the message that concern for the well-being of everyone in any situation is the appropriate way to conduct community.
Can you give some examples of what tools you feel are appropriate and effective? I'm sure that a number of people could come up with a number of different answers depending upon many different factors and contexts.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
AmazingJohn, read my post again, I never said anything about the reliability of the scriptures.
It seems to me to that if you placed stock in what Jesus said in the Scriptures, you would need to consider the Scriptures reliable. Is that not the case?

Old 06-30-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Can you give some examples?
A novel I once read put me on track to find what works for me and I can't even remember its name. I got a few directions from Tao Te Ching. William Penn's Fruits of Solitude is good. Different tools for different people leading to the same message.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
A novel I once read put me on track to find what works for me and I can't even remember its name. I got a few directions from Tao Te Ching. William Penn's Fruits of Solitude is good. Different tools for different people leading to the same message.
I really don't have time to delve into these, so what specifically were the tools you found from these?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity