Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 04:34 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Actually yes one is judging by saying (context being one who did not remain a believer) -
if anyone goes off and follows Buddha, that person I believe, was never saved in the first place.
key words being " was never saved in the first place."

In the same passage where Jesus said 'Judge not, lest ye be judged', He also said:

Matthew 7:15-20 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Read your bold closer. Jesus was warning about false prophets - it is they who we will know by their fruits! That is not the same person as someone who does not remain faithful which Jesus speaks about John 15:6-9.

Yes in way people should be angry because no one except God knows what soil the heart is as explained by Jesus in Matthew 13:18-23.

Read your own answer: discernment of true or false prophets concerning their fruits, not whether God the Holy Spirit worked faith to begin with.
What I gave was not a personal but a general judgment of the fruit of a person, the concept is general and not limited to false prophets only. Good fruit = good tree, bad fruit = bad tree. Following Buddha and leaving Jesus Christ = bad fruit. Not that hard, you'd think.

John had no problem saying that the ones that left them were not truly of them.

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 01:03 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No, actually it wasn't. While Rome for a while regarded Christianity to be part of Judaism and thus enjoyed legal protection, the Christians were persecuted by the unbelieving Jewish Pharisees from the beginning. Note that before his conversion Saul/Paul with the sanction of the Sanhedrin hunted down and imprisoned and killed Christians. But by A.D. 64, with the beginning of the Nerion persecutions, Christianity no longer had that legal protection from Roman persecution which it once had enjoyed.

As is pointed out by Everett Ferguson with regard to the Nerion persecution of the Church which began in A.D. 64,
'Christians were now recognized by the authorities in Rome as distinct from Jews.'

Church History, volume one, Ferguson, p. 64
No, I am not pretending that Jesus came as a lawbreaker. Jesus came to fulfill the law which He did. And which only He could.

Again, as Paul stated more than once, the Church is not under the Mosaic Law.

Actually, it was Israel that disobeyed God, and which also failed to recognize the Messiah when He came, and therefore Israel was temporarily set aside while God called out a new people, the Church. Once the dispensation of the Church is complete then God will again turn His attention to Israel.

Gentiles didn't leave the Jews. Israel failed to disseminate the gospel to the Gentiles as they were supposed to do. But Israel has not been permanently set aside. In the meantime, whenever a Jew places his faith in Jesus for eternal life he becomes a part of the Church in which there is no distinction between Jew and Gentile, and both are 'Church (Romans 10:12; Galatians 3:28).

No, you don't. You attempt to force Judaism on Christianity and don't understand that God has a different purpose for the Church.

You are either in Judaism or you are in another religion.

It is not hard to tell who is in Judaism because they keep the feasts of Messiah and they are usually hated by everyone because they have respect for the commandments of God.

If you don't keep the feasts of Christ then you have invented your own worship system just as the ten tribes did, and Christianity left Judah just like the ten tribes did. They appointed their own Holy place and invented their own worship system and they too claimed all the promises to those in Judaism.

The Jews have been hated for thousands of years before Jesus came and they are hated because they will not abandon the ways of God, you abandon the ways of God and it is much better for you.

It is not an easy thing to walk in the same shoes as Jesus, I wouldn't recommend it.

Old 07-10-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
No, I do not have seven years, and God has not made any covenants with the Church. The New Covenant which replaces the Mosaic Covenant was made with Israel and Judah (not with the Church), and will go into effect when Christ returns. And I most certainly am not either Ephraim or Judah. You allegorize the hell out of the Bible and have your own personal interpretation of things, and I do not agree with you.

And with that, this discussion has gone on long enough. I don't agree with your views, your opinions, or your assertions. Besides, this discussion is not even the topic of the thread.

I completely agree with you, you are neither Ephraim or Judah. Ephraim comes returning, Jews continue with respect for Torah and even Paul saved his own life by proving he was continuing in the laws, and so the religion did not change for the tens of thousands of Jews and Pharisees who believed, in fact, they even became more zealous in keeping the law.

Here is Paul saving his own life because liars were telling lies.

Paul making sacrifices under the authority of the priests of Judaism because they were still his priests and this was still his religion and he continued keeping the law, so is it different for Jew and gentile? Gentiles got theyselves a whole new religion?

Paul's Arrival at Jerusalem

Acts 21~ The acts of a two faced liar or was Paul really keeping the law and sacrificing under the priests of Judaism?

17And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. 18And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. 19And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. 20And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: 21

And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs. 22What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come.

23Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them; 24Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.

25As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication. 26Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Why is Paul making sacrifices and continuing under the authority of the priests of Judaism?

Is he still in Judaism?

Was he teaching Jews not to keep the law?

Old 07-10-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
It is not hard to tell who is in Judaism because they keep the feasts of Messiah and they are usually hated by everyone because they have respect for the commandments of God.

It is not an easy thing to walk in the same shoes as Jesus, I wouldn't recommend it.
You mean commandments like Exodus 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.?

It's impossible to walk in the same shoes as Jesus, we aren't even worthy to untie His shoelaces..

John 1:27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

You won't be able to live perfectly according to the law. You told a lie on the forum here about the prince of montauk being your brother, so that ship has sailed.. the Law will not save you.

Deutoronomy 27:26 Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen.

However the One that did live perfectly and sinless is Jesus Christ, He wasn't just an example to follow, not a pair of shoes we should try to wear.

He is the sinless Son of God that made Himself an atoning sacrifice for the sins of all who believe in Him. Once you realise that your own righteousness will never cut it, never justify you before God, you can beg for free mercy with Jesus Christ, and He will forgive your sins and make you a new person. Not because you uphold the law so perfectly, but by undeserved grace, because He loves you and gave His life - not to save the righteous - but to save sinners.

Isaiah 55:1-3 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Here is the good news, salvation is for free, you don't have to wear yourself out trying to walk in Jesus' shoes, nor do you have to wear yourself out trying to be righteous and keep the Law. You just have to believe in Jesus Christ. Trust in His Righteousness and His love and power to save you. It's that simple, admit you are a sinner and powerless to change yourself, trust in Jesus Christ instead. He will make you a new person, and lead you in a new life. Leave that up to Him, first you have to put your faith truly in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, crucified for our sins and risen on the third day, which is the only foundation for our salvation.

It humbles us, and gives God all the credit for loving and saving people like us that just can't make it on our own. And as long as you don't lay the foundation right, you are just wearing yourself out with vain philosophy, without knowing God and without any hope for heaven. I pray you will go to the waters friend, eternal life is for free, but we need to empty our hands first to receive it.

Old 07-10-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
You mean commandments like Exodus 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.?

It's impossible to walk in the same shoes as Jesus, we aren't even worthy to untie His shoelaces..

John 1:27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

You won't be able to live perfectly according to the law. You told a lie on the forum here about the prince of montauk being your brother, so that ship has sailed.. the Law will not save you.

Deutoronomy 27:26 Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen.

However the One that did live perfectly and sinless is Jesus Christ, He wasn't just an example to follow, not a pair of shoes we should try to wear.

He is the sinless Son of God that made Himself an atoning sacrifice for the sins of all who believe in Him. Once you realise that your own righteousness will never cut it, never justify you before God, you can beg for free mercy with Jesus Christ, and He will forgive your sins and make you a new person. Not because you uphold the law so perfectly, but by undeserved grace, because He loves you and gave His life - not to save the righteous - but to save sinners.

Isaiah 55:1-3 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Here is the good news, salvation is for free, you don't have to wear yourself out trying to walk in Jesus' shoes, nor do you have to wear yourself out trying to be righteous and keep the Law. You just have to believe in Jesus Christ. Trust in His Righteousness and His love and power to save you. It's that simple, admit you are a sinner and powerless to change yourself, trust in Jesus Christ instead. He will make you a new person, and lead you in a new life. Leave that up to Him, first you have to put your faith truly in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, crucified for our sins and risen on the third day, which is the only foundation for our salvation.

It humbles us, and gives God all the credit for loving and saving people like us that just can't make it on our own. And as long as you don't lay the foundation right, you are just wearing yourself out with vain philosophy, without knowing God and without any hope for heaven. I pray you will go to the waters friend, eternal life is for free, but we need to empty our hands first to receive it.

I am talking about the religion Jesus walked in and the same religion Paul walked in. Did Jesus, Paul and the disciples come teaching a new worship system telling people to adopt any worship system of any other gods?

As I said, It is not easy walking as Jesus walk and he walked in Passover, unleavened bread, first fruits and so on, but these thing are not done away with, in fact, they are shadows of things to come and we should keep them in spirit and the truth that is to come cause Passover is not some great event where the water was split, it is a thing to come where waters will be split and stand on end.

Should a servant know the comings and goings of his own master?

Should a supposed betrothed bride know the comings and goings of her beloved?

This is the question.

Old 07-10-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Well, I hope you feel better now that you've gotten that little rant off your chest.
LOL. You think that's a rant after you have seen me so long winded with all my ramblings bro?

Old 07-10-2016, 01:47 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
You are either in Judaism or you are in another religion.

If you don't keep the feasts of Christ then you have invented your own worship system just as the ten tribes did, and Christianity left Judah just like the ten tribes did. They appointed their own Holy place and invented their own worship system and they too claimed all the promises to those in Judaism.

The Jews have been hated for thousands of years before Jesus came and they are hated because they will not abandon the ways of God, you abandon the ways of God and it is much better for you.

Well, I certainly hope that you feel better now that you've gotten that little rant off of your chest.

I'm Christian. Not a follower of Judaism. Get over it.

Old 07-10-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Well, I certainly hope that you feel better now that you've gotten that little rant off of your chest.

I'm Christian. Not a follower of Judaism. Get over it.
Just a few people talking Mike, don't get all offended.

Please forgive me if I have offended you.

Old 07-10-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I am talking about the religion Jesus walked in and the same religion Paul walked in. Did Jesus, Paul and the disciples come teaching a new worship system telling people to adopt any worship system of any other gods?

As I said, It is not easy walking as Jesus walk and he walked in Passover, unleavened bread, first fruits and so on, but these thing are not done away with, in fact, they are shadows of things to come and we should keep them in spirit and the truth that is to come cause Passover is not some great event where the water was split, it is a thing to come where waters will be split and stand on end.

Should a servant know the comings and goings of his own master?

Should a supposed betrothed bride know the comings and goings of her beloved?

This is the question.
Do you know Jesus Christ to be the Lamb of God, the sacrifice for your sins? Did you repent from all of your sin and self-righteousness, (and lying for example as you did before, which isn't exactly a fruit of a disciple of Jesus Christ) and receive the Holy Spirit as a guarantee of your eternal inheritance?

Those questions are the most important in anyone's life. And to be answered first before all other, and if negatively, then all the other simply won't matter. You won't be at the feast of the wedding, unless you are invited by the Bridegroom Himself. So why bother thinking about the comings and goings of Someone you are not engaged to and will never marry?

Old 07-10-2016, 03:11 PM

LOL, Liar.

If that were the least of it, watch out lest I tell you the worst.

Certainly more to be found than mere lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity