Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 03:02 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,317,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You might as well ask what I have in common with a Buddhist.
Not even Viz.

Humans=fundamentally flawed due to original sin
Bible=literal word of God
Women=Submissive toward men
Homosexual=morally repulsive

that's just for starters Viz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
How about a Mormon? Have you ever heard a JW and a Mormon agree that they are both Christians?
That's a trick question for me. JWs believe they are the only true Christians. All other faiths are being mislead by the Devil and fall under Christandom. It would be impossible for a JW to agree that another religions could be following God because that's not how cults operate. There has to be no where else for the person to go to get salvation. They might agree that you think you are Christian but that would be as far as they would go. I can't answer from the Mormon perspective.

Old 06-30-2016, 03:16 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,185,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Not even Viz.

Humans=fundamentally flawed due to original sin
Bible=literal word of God
Women=Submissive toward men
Homosexual=morally repulsive

that's just for starters Viz
My point of asking that, then I changed to a different thought, was that I do have a lot of different views on theology than a JW, or a Mormon. We just are. We are not the same, theologically. A JW views me as being quite different than them, as they do with a Mormon. We are as different theologically, as I am to a Buddhist.

Old 06-30-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
My point of asking that, then I changed to a different thought, was that I do have a lot of different views on theology than a JW, or a Mormon. We just are. We are not the same, theologically. A JW views me as being quite different than them, as they do with a Mormon. We are as different theologically, as I am to a Buddhist.
So do you think that "the truth" hinges on a few doctrinal issues? You both believe in the God of the bible, believe the bible to be the word of God and all others false, you both believe in male dominance and the suppression of perceived differences, you both believe in original sin and debasing oneself because of that. What doctrinal issue sets you apart from these people? Trinity? Heaven/Hell? You are both silly enough to state you have some kind of special insight (heart condition in the case of the JWs) that gives you the ability to see the light while others remain in darkness.

Old 06-30-2016, 03:30 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times
Quote:
How about a Mormon? Have you ever heard a JW and a Mormon agree that they are both Christians?
That is irrelevant and does not matter--who cares what another has to say about others? If Tom Cruise says he is a Christian, he is a christian no NO ONE on EARTH can say he is NOT--few might not believe him, or say he does not act like a christian, but NO ONE can say he is NOT a christian..

Old 06-30-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Not true ... we must know to a certain extent. That's why Christ warned about listening to and subsequently following false teachers.
We can only SUSPECT and REFUSE to believe--we cannot say out right they are NOT what they claim to be.

We are to test the spirits and either accept or reject--we cannot deny their claim.
Attached Thumbnails
Christian group vandalizes ancient Mexican archaeological site-naked_no-longer-christian.jpg  

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 06-30-2016 at 03:48 PM..

Old 06-30-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
I've never met a Christian who would do such a thing.
You really gotta get out of that backwater Texas town...

Old 06-30-2016, 05:38 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,327 times
Quote:
I've never met a Christian who would do such a thing.
Whats the title of the religious sect you pledge alliance to Viz?

Old 06-30-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
You really gotta get out of that backwater Texas town...
I don't live in Texas. Until 4 years ago I did live in a town of about 600k, though. It was hardly "backwater".

Old 06-30-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
That is irrelevant and does not matter--who cares what another has to say about others? If Tom Cruise says he is a Christian, he is a christian no NO ONE on EARTH can say he is NOT--few might not believe him, or say he does not act like a christian, but NO ONE can say he is NOT a christian..
You don't get to make that determination. Sorry. Last time I checked, you weren't Jesus.

But your hypocrisy is amazing. You are quick to tell everyone else we can't decide who is and isn't a Christian, but you just made a statement of how to tell who a Christian is or isn't. That's astounding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity