Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 08:57 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Spoken only to believers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I get so tired of hearing that cliché.
Amen!! The exclusive club believers are truly tiresome and annoyingly ignorant of the TRUE NATURE of God as revealed by Jesus.It is sad, very, very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 05:58 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I get so tired of hearing that cliché.
That doesn't make it wrong.

Old 07-12-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen!! The exclusive club believers are truly tiresome and annoyingly ignorant of the TRUE NATURE of God as revealed by Jesus.It is sad, very, very sad.
Paul told the believers to take up a collection for the poor in Jerusalem. That letter was written only to the church. Why would you think the entire world should obey Paul's request? It is only to believers.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I know... You see him in evil. . I prefer to to see the best in everyone, even in you fundies, I know you don't know what you're doing believing half the stuff that you do.
I see Him as the Creator of good and evil and the one who controls the good and the evil. If He didn't create the evil, if He doesn't control it, how can anyone be assured that evil will one day be taken out of God's universe?

Isa_45:7 Former of light and Creator of darkness,
Maker of good and Creator of evil.
I, Yahweh Elohim, made all of these things."

God revealed that truth to Isaiah. I'm sure MysticPhD would disagree. He would say Isaiah was ignorant.
But if you are going to dismiss Isaiah for the above revelation, you must also dismiss the entire Old Testament's revelation about Jesus too.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:06 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
I see Him as the Creator of good and evil and the one who controls the good and the evil. If He didn't create the evil, if He doesn't control it, how can anyone be assured that evil will one day be taken out of God's universe?

Isa_45:7 Former of light and Creator of darkness,
Maker of good and Creator of evil.
I, Yahweh Elohim, made all of these things."

God revealed that truth to Isaiah. I'm sure MysticPhD would disagree. He would say Isaiah was ignorant.
But if you are going to dismiss Isaiah for the above revelation, you must also dismiss the entire Old Testament's revelation about Jesus too.
How can we be assured?, by the very fact that light is greater than darkness.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I thought you'd see the obvious. Since God created the evil, He is greater than the evil He created and therefore He is powerful enough to rid the universe of it when He sees it is no longer needed.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
I thought you'd see the obvious. Since God created the evil, He is greater than the evil He created and therefore He is powerful enough to rid the universe of it when He sees it is no longer needed.
Eusy boy it was you asking the question, you were not stating the obvious either.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:43 PM

435 posts, read 250,114 times
Quote:
I know... You see him in evil. . I prefer to to see the best in everyone, even in you fundies, I know you don't know what you're doing believing half the stuff that you do.
Dear pc, why do you call Eusebius a "fundie"? He is a unie ;

fundie

1) Abbreviation of "fundamentalist";

2) Often a sola scriptura non-denominational born-again Christian;

3) Self-proclaimed "Jesus Freak" who spouts half-understood scripture at the drop of a hat;

4) General term for any teenage/preteen "pop" Christian who shows an extraordinary lack of tolerance/understanding for other religions (including any other denomination of Christianity);

there is a hell and anyone who doesnt accept Jesus as there personal savor is going there!!!!11! i'll pray 4 u!!!1!!!

Fundie idjit.

Urban Dictionary: fundie

I'm guessing #4, "any teenage/preteen "pop" Christian", does not fit your view re Eusebius.
Am i right

Old 07-12-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Not when the sun goes down & the vampires c*m out

Do you even believe in God's existence, pc.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What is the "true nature" of God, according to you?

What makes you think Eusebius is ignorant of it?

John, an apostle, & a disciple of Jesus, said "God is love". Is that not his true nature?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity