Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 03:16 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarksn9 View Post
What does this stuff mean. Even Deepak Chopra would be like this too new agey
It simply means we are far greater than we believe ourselves to be and that which we are seeking is not found outside of us but within us. The problem is we are asleep to the reality of this. We are more than human beings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 05:50 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
Do you know the supposed author of Romans never met Jesus when Jesus was around doing all that great stuff the Bible says he did. Paul got visions of Jesus after Jesus had ascended (I don't think Jesus existed btw). Think about that. I would need some really hard evidence before I could entertain this story. Why do you think Romans is the word of God? I'ts the word of some dude that might have had the name Paul. "I feel it in my heart" well ask you self would that be proof of anything of consequence in your life?
Did you know the actual author of Romans, the apostle Paul met the risen Christ?

And we are supposedly getting the truth from you WHO DOESN'T EVEN BELIEVE JESUS EXISTED! Good grief bud. You should stick with the Atheist or Agnostic message boards. Don't waste our time here!

Old 07-15-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I have no problem this human experience being an earthly experience for spiritual beings, whereby we all forget who we are and then return through remembrance to our true identity .
That is not what Romans 8:19-21 says. Your ideas are too new age.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:29 AM

346 posts, read 339,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Did you know the actual author of Romans, the apostle Paul met the risen Christ?

And we are supposedly getting the truth from you WHO DOESN'T EVEN BELIEVE JESUS EXISTED! Good grief bud. You should stick with the Atheist or Agnostic message boards. Don't waste our time here!
How did I misrepresent the story? "Risen Christ" = after Jesus ascended i.e. "Paul" had visions. I believe all early Christians thought of Jesus as like an angelic entity that was crucified in the heavens (archons of this age ring a bell) and later Christians created the Gospels to put the celestial Jesus on Earth in these stories. That is why there is no historical proof of Jesus imho. I am open to the truth. I mean you believe the Bible is true and historical help me understand why that is

Old 07-15-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
That is not what Romans 8:19-21 says. Your ideas are too new age.
Yours are too primitive.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
How did I misrepresent the story? "Risen Christ" = after Jesus ascended i.e. "Paul" had visions.
Yes Paul has visions and Paul also met the risen Christ. Paul need not have met Christ prior to His resurrection in order to have an intimate relationship with Christ. It seems to me that Paul knew more about Christ than the ones who walked with Christ while He was on earth.

Quote:
I believe all early Christians thought of Jesus as like an angelic entity that was crucified in the heavens (archons of this age ring a bell)
No, it doesn't ring a bell.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "all early Christians thought of Jesus like an angelic entity" (whatever that means). They thought of Him as the Jewish Messiah. There were offshoots of Christianity such as the Gnostics who believe all manner of strange things.

Quote:
and later Christians created the Gospels to put the celestial Jesus on Earth in these stories. That is why there is no historical proof of Jesus imho.
So I guess you are saying that later Christians created (made up or invented?) the Gospels? If so, that is wrong thinking.

Quote:
I am open to the truth. I mean you believe the Bible is true and historical help me understand why that is
The Four Accounts/Gospels were written as historic documents as was Acts. Of course there are deeper, spiritual things in those accounts. But firstly they were written as eyewitness accounts, historic in nature. Luke states as much in the beginning of his treatise.

Sorry if I came off to you being too strong. We are all at different levels of understanding and I surely am not one who knows it all.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yours are too primitive.
That okay with me.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:59 PM

346 posts, read 339,152 times
Quote:
Yes Paul has visions and Paul also met the risen Christ. Paul need not have met Christ prior to His resurrection in order to have an intimate relationship with Christ. It seems to me that Paul knew more about Christ than the ones who walked with Christ while He was on earth.

No, it doesn't ring a bell.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "all early Christians thought of Jesus like an angelic entity" (whatever that means). They thought of Him as the Jewish Messiah. There were offshoots of Christianity such as the Gnostics who believe all manner of strange things.

So I guess you are saying that later Christians created (made up or invented?) the Gospels? If so, that is wrong thinking.

The Four Accounts/Gospels were written as historic documents as was Acts. Of course there are deeper, spiritual things in those accounts. But firstly they were written as eyewitness accounts, historic in nature. Luke states as much in the beginning of his treatise.

Sorry if I came off to you being too strong. We are all at different levels of understanding and I surely am not one who knows it all.
The Gospels ad Acts were written as historical documents ..... lol .... do tell.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
The Gospels ad Acts were written as historical documents ..... lol .... do tell.
If you can't see that, there's not much of a point in going further with this. I'm sorry because I really thought we could have had a meaningful discussion.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
That okay with me.
Me too. If your happy with it then that's good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity