Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 02:34 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,130 times

Advertisements

When Jesus said His followers would possess the light of life He actually defines the light as life. When He says the words He spoke were given to Him by the Father and the words He spoke were spirit and life He was saying that the word of God is life. So putting that together one can see that His followers are to possess the word of God which is the light. Jesus also said He or actually the son of man is the light of the world and also the way the truth an the life.

So the word of God is the light and life. Without it is darkness and death.

Verses of reference;

"I am the light of the world, no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because they will possess the light of life."

"It is the spirit that gives life the flesh is useless, the words I spoke to you are spirit and life."

"I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me."

By these verses do you see that the word of God is essential to salvation.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 05:45 PM

"While you have the light, believe in the light, and you will become a child of light."

Old 07-03-2016, 07:54 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Tell me.
Have you ever seen Light, the Divine Light within yourself?
Brighter than 10,000 suns?

Those that have not...have no idea what they are missing.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Tell me.
Have you ever seen Light, the Divine Light within yourself?
Brighter than 10,000 suns?

Those that have not...have no idea what they are missing.
Believe in the son of man and you will see the light, the everlasting light.

I see it and I live.

I am the first and I am the last, the One who lives. Once I died but now I live forever and ever.

Old 07-04-2016, 03:35 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
I seen the light of Christ back around 2000 at a prayer meeting in a church , and from I remember I was the only one to see Gods light at that meeting , as it was pure white light with no color like blue, yellow red , as I seen this bright light for around 5 minutes and the light was gone ..... I remembers praying to see God for a few months before , which was the answer

Old 07-04-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
I seen the light of Christ back around 2000 at a prayer meeting in a church , and from I remember I was the only one to see Gods light at that meeting , as it was pure white light with no color like blue, yellow red , as I seen this bright light for around 5 minutes and the light was gone ..... I remembers praying to see God for a few months before , which was the answer
At least you think so.

"Blessed are the pure of heart, they will see God."

"God is spirit"

"Whoever has seen me has seen the Father." (Son of man)

Old 07-07-2016, 07:39 AM

"Walk in the light while you have it or darkness will come over you."

Old 07-07-2016, 12:12 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,875,685 times
Christians especially denominational brothers and sisters have been stripped of their hebrew roots not
withstanding the Lord's feasts horrifically linked as to only Jewish feasts. Jesus light extends to the little known "servant candle " within the menorah is Jesus' LIGHT!!! Passing through life cluelessly stripped of our hebrew roots is a nearly a religious blinder that theoretically is inexcusable suggesting apathy, lacking education of Constantine's disastrous elimination of all that is hebrew ,yet held in esteme by many faiths . A pagan who mandated the "sun day" albeit worship of the sun god. Be careful what lineage your religion has it can be a detour from God masked as nice!!!!

Who has stripped us of our hebrew roots?........... To a degree a lateral from Constantine/Nicea to Catholicism and pastors who are not tuned in or have a odd personal philosophy that avoids hebrew
content.

Last edited by openmike; 07-07-2016 at 12:20 PM..

Old 07-07-2016, 12:31 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
When Jesus said His followers would possess the light of life He actually defines the light as life. When He says the words He spoke were given to Him by the Father and the words He spoke were spirit and life He was saying that the word of God is life. So putting that together one can see that His followers are to possess the word of God which is the light. Jesus also said He or actually the son of man is the light of the world and also the way the truth an the life.

So the word of God is the light and life. Without it is darkness and death.

Verses of reference;

"I am the light of the world, no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because they will possess the light of life."

"It is the spirit that gives life the flesh is useless, the words I spoke to you are spirit and life."

"I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me."

By these verses do you see that the word of God is essential to salvation.?
Accuteness
Tabernacle Or tent of?

5 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:11 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
How enlightening...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity