Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 10:34 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
But your Satanic deception of the world cannot last. No matter how badly you want to make xtianity compete with Islam in the creation of intolerance and fanatical hatred, people are beginning to see through the nasty game you are playing.
Lot of "you" words in there, but I do not recognize my views in your claims. Perhaps you could quote some posts of mine which gave you such ideas about my views, then we can discuss.

It seems you have joined the team of mud-throwers who come here to smear Christians.

No, we are not nazis, and we do not have a habit of murder, robbery and rape or using the Bible to justify the genocide of the Native Americans. We do not use the Bible to justify exterminating the Jews.

All of the above you try to associate with ordinary Christians (yes, the 'you', 'you', 'you' tirade reveals it), but it is horribly dishonest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 10:35 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, and He spoke, and His words were written in the Bible.

And the authors of the Bible also received other words of God, which they wrote down.

"And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe."
Were the words written as they were spoken, or were the words written some 100-200 years later?

Old 07-07-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Were the words written as they were spoken, or were the words written some 100-200 years later?
You mean He may not have said 'Love your neighbor as yourself'?

I believe it is exactly what He said.

Which ones of the following words are true and which are false?

Jesus told his followers: 'Love your neighbor as yourself'

The Bible quotes Jesus saying: 'Love your neighbor as yourself'

Old 07-07-2016, 10:58 AM

595 posts, read 331,830 times
Quote:
Lot of "you" words in there, but I do not recognize my views in your claims. Perhaps you could quote some posts of mine which gave you such ideas about my views, then we can discuss.
You made what you are quite apparent in your reaction to my post.

I said, "My point isn't that the Bible, Christianity and religion is inherently bad." That means Christianity can be separated from the evil which it has done. But you replied, "Sure sounds like it's the point you are trying to make." Which means some of the evils I pointed out Christianity was used for is something you see as the whole point of Christianity.

Quote:
No, we are not nazis, and we do not have a habit of murder, robbery and rape or using the Bible to justify the genocide of the Native Americans. We do not use the Bible to justify exterminating the Jews.

All of the above you try to associate with ordinary Christians (yes, the 'you', 'you', 'you' tirade reveals it), but it is horribly dishonest.
The use of Christianity for evil in history is obvious -- a point of historical fact. I have explained this is NOT what Christianity is really about and you refuted this. How can you make it more clear that for you, some of those evils are what you like in Christianity? Ok so it isn't robbery, rape and the extermination of the Jews you want to use Christianity for. So which of these other evils is it then? You want to bring back slavery again? You want women and children to be personal property which you can abuse as you like? You want to stamp out science and replace it with theology? You want to finish the extermination of the Native Americans? What are the evils you plan that cannot be separated from Christianity as I have said they can be?

Old 07-07-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
You made what you are quite apparent in your reaction to my post.
Your claims about beliefs are quite incredible, even calling my them satanic, and that I want "xtianity compete with Islam in the creation of intolerance and fanatical hatred", so I would like you to quote the posts where you reached such conclusion. What exactly are my views?

But I think it is safe to say, you are making stuff up (lying) and throwing mud just because it is what you like to do.

Say hi to your fellow mud-slingers when you hit the bottom of my ignore list.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:14 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Your claims about beliefs are quite incredible, even calling my them satanic, and that I want "xtianity compete with Islam in the creation of intolerance and fanatical hatred", so I would like you to quote the posts where you reached such conclusion. What exactly are my views?

But I think it is safe to say, you are making stuff up (lying) and throwing mud just because it is what you like to do.

Say hi to your fellow mud-slingers when you hit the bottom of my ignore list.
Did you or did you not say "Sure sounds like it's the point you are trying to make" as you were quoted?

YOU claimed that "All of the above you try to associate with ordinary Christians" and that is an absolute lie. He was only saying that the Bible has been misused for centuries. If you are one of the misusers you have cause to be upset, and you seem to be upset. Are you one of the misusers as your statements indicate?

Last edited by nateswift; 07-07-2016 at 11:25 AM..

Old 07-07-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Did you or did you not say "Sure sounds like it's the point you are trying to make" as you were quoted?
Yes, meaning it sounds very much like she is arguing Christianity is the worst or the worst. She works overtime trying to associate it with murder, rape, genocide it Jews, slavery and creation of intolerance and fanatical hatred, she called my views satanic, and on and on. I am not surprised you are ready to support it. Its almost like your own mouth, or the mouth of one of the hostile atheists here.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:29 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Yes, meaning it sounds very much like she is arguing Christianity is the worst or the worst. She works overtime trying to associate it with murder, rape, genocide it Jews, slavery and creation of intolerance and fanatical hatred, she called my views satanic, and on and on. I am not surprised you are ready to support it. Its almost like your own mouth, or the mouth of one of the hostile atheists here.
work on your reading comprehension. the poster said that the Bible has been MISUSED extensively. If you are a misuser you have reason to be upset, as you seem to be.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
work on your reading comprehension. the poster said that the Bible has been MISUSED extensively. If you are a misuser you have reason to be upset, as you seem to be.
That seems to be your new dogde-answer to everything, when you have nothing else to say, or when you want to avoid answering questions.

I read just fine, and she called my views satanic, and claimed I want Christianity to compete with islam in the creation of intolerance, fanatical hatred and oppression.

She made it about me, so I asked her to quote those posts of mine where she got those ideas, and not surprisingly she is not able to produce a single one. She is a mud-slinger and a liar, just like to many others here. Its good to know, so I can ignore her going forward.

She had her chance to back up your claims, and she refused to do so. Instead she doubled down with more false claims, which she will also not bother to prove.

Must be nice to have the liberty to lie about anything you want, with not worry whatsoever to back anything up. Maybe 'nice' is not the right word, as it is not something I choose to not do, although there is nothing to stop me except my sense of honesty. Either way, here in "Christianity" board you can lie all day long about other people, and all is good.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-07-2016 at 12:10 PM..

Old 07-07-2016, 11:59 AM

595 posts, read 331,830 times
Quote:
His reaction seems to be instinctual. He just knows He wants to be able to use Christianity for something and doesn't like the idea of anyone rendering it harmless. That right there is the obsession with power I see in him -- this is my instinctual reaction proving correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity