Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 08:11 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I've given you something practical to do. You dismissed it. You prefer to say that they have to CHANGE, rather than they need to HEAL. You prefer to say that THEY have to change, rather than that YOU may need to.

Again, the black community is in a state of grief. What do you do for your friends when they are grieving, expat? Do you have friends who are black? Have you been in contact with them? Have you offered to listen? Have you been present for them?
Hi,

Yes I have friends who are black and none are overly concerned about what has happened, except for the worsening of everyone's attitude and the claims of prejudice.

What you are talking about as to me or any of us, is generally what most do, they feel compassion when appropriate or needed and help where they can. You talk about their healing as though all blacks are hurt by this and that isn't the case.

It is like speaking of the "Black community", what is that? I know blacks who object to the Black Lives Matter movement and the New Back Panthers. The so-called community does not exist.

How do they heal from the deaths caused bu their own group as more blacks are killed by other blacks than by whites. Where are the movements objecting to that?

Lets assume that such healing is needed. OK, how does it occur, what is needed and how will it be accomplished Country wide?

What are you doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 05:32 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
According to FBI, 40% of all cop killers are black males, although only 6% of the US population are black males.

That is FBI statistics, not a personal opinion. Personally I do not take sides in the recent events, but instead try to understand both sides.
What's to understand is a lack of respect for authority, which is an ungodly thing.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
There it is again, brother. That smug, self satisfied, rage. Who do you take this impotent rage out on in your life?
you call it rage, but it's tough love. Jesus did not come to sympathize with our flesh, that's what the devil does.

Old 07-15-2016, 06:12 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
you call it rage, but it's tough love. Jesus did not come to sympathize with our flesh, that's what the devil does.
Tough love? No brother.

You hold a simmering impotent rage.
You hold yourself as an expert on women, children, and sex.
You hold yourself out as an expert in the Bible.
You hold yourself out as an expert on Jesus.
You hold yourself out as an expert on God.

You are a white single male. You do not have sex. You are not in a relationship. You are lonely.

You believe women should be punished for having sex.
You believe women should be punished for having children.
You blame black people for your problems and every problem.

Jesus would not punish women for having sex.
Jesus would not punish women for having children.
God does not do that either.

You are the one who wants to punish them. You only want to punish one race and gender.

Brother, I say this to you out of love. Go find a relationship that makes you happy. Find someone that makes you laugh. Have a robust relationship of your very own, and leave your anger toward others aside.

Old 07-15-2016, 06:24 AM

What a wasted rant.

Old 07-15-2016, 06:57 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
What a wasted rant.
No, my brother. Every bit of my message is true, and you know this.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:09 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
the problem is you both have valid points.
So focus on them to reach a reasonable conclusion.

It is refreshing to see that people are starting to talk about how to approach the police. Approach him like a person that believes his/her life is in danger. Approach him like you would want to be approached. err, wait a second, what class of people don't approach cops like they are the good guys? What does the history of persons involved (cop and person) tells us? When we look into the past of the cop and the person can we make any predictions on possible outcomes?

I just hope that when a person gets shot for playing with the police by reaching under the seat like he is reaching for something they all don't say anything but "wt fudge was he thinking?"

Old 07-15-2016, 07:26 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Did you read the article, AA? Do you understand what he is saying? Can you acknowledge it?

"The killing of blacks by whites, particularly police, touches something more elemental, a sense of fragility within a race still struggling to throw off the burdens, both psychic and economic, of the nation's tortured history."
I acknowledge it. But that doesn't mean a free passes. This country has spent a lot of money to "break the cycle". They take 1/4 of my money for Schools, resources, programs, and laws to protect us all. We have been talking 'cycle" since 1979, that as far as my memory goes. Its now 2016 and they have changed nothing, my city is still an arm pit.

I just don't have the emotional connection you do plaeroo, I am sorry. I look at the numbers to see where the problem is. Why can't inner city people run their own shops? open their own malls in their area? Why aren't there inner city plumbers, carpenters, and electricians making a ton of money helping their neighbors?

In their schools, why do we have to put police in "THEIR" schools? No matter how bad a jerk I am, and I am a big jerk, why are their schools unsafe? Who are these children in danger from?

In this country, the inner city can operate like its own little "haven" for any group of people. But they have to do it. And it will grow. There are many examples in history of it working.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:59 AM

222 posts, read 185,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So far, the organized church has been SILENT on the black lives matter topic.

As people are being killed in the streets of our Ammerikkka, surely the church has more to offer than just "prayers and thoughts?"

Do we believe that Jesus would have stood silently as people are killed in the streets? Surely Jesus would step up and say something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frfq-ok8w_4
I haven't read the responses here yet. But I will say this - black churches today have rendered themselves ineffective. The members are clueless about HOW to fight and preachers today lack the legal knowledge and media savvy of how to get the publics attention.

MLK wasn't chosen because he was the best preacher or had the best ideas. He was chosen because he was the best at communicating the concerns to white people. Today most churches are concerned with prosperity (it's my season, get your blessing) - and "worship". So they don't know how to fight.

Churches also trained protestors back then. Churches would hold meetings in the church basements and hire people to break bottles over the heads of protestors. Spit in their faces. Sic dogs on them. Call them ******s. Anyone who could not handle ALL of these things was not allowed to protest.

Also, churches are no longer churches anymore. They are auditoriums and stadiums with stages for the choirs, praise teams, and preachers to "perform". Preachers can't put their egos aside to center around one leader with one voice (MLK was not alone. He was just the frontman for thousands of preachers back then).

Church music now doesn't prepare you for battle. There's a meme that says church music today prepares you for "worship". Church music back in the day prepared you for war.

Sorry for the rant.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:16 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post
I haven't read the responses here yet. But I will say this - black churches today have rendered themselves ineffective. The members are clueless about HOW to fight and preachers today lack the legal knowledge and media savvy of how to get the publics attention.

MLK wasn't chosen because he was the best preacher or had the best ideas. He was chosen because he was the best at communicating the concerns to white people. Today most churches are concerned with prosperity (it's my season, get your blessing) - and "worship". So they don't know how to fight.

Churches also trained protestors back then. Churches would hold meetings in the church basements and hire people to break bottles over the heads of protestors. Spit in their faces. Sic dogs on them. Call them ******s. Anyone who could not handle ALL of these things was not allowed to protest.

Also, churches are no longer churches anymore. They are auditoriums and stadiums with stages for the choirs, praise teams, and preachers to "perform". Preachers can't put their egos aside to center around one leader with one voice (MLK was not alone. He was just the frontman for thousands of preachers back then).

Church music now doesn't prepare you for battle. There's a meme that says church music today prepares you for "worship". Church music back in the day prepared you for war.

Sorry for the rant.

I always enjoy a GREAT RANT! Especially when it is on point and relevant!

This is what I (personally) was hoping to hear....THANK YOU!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKlg...vDDRcTDyyRhHaS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tszi...Gb-s_5kaoRmtsR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity