Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 02:54 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I get the reasons behind the meeting.....but, personally, I'd be more inclined to attend if the title was "Ending Class Privilege". A poverty stricken white woman has few privileges because of the color of her skin. Poverty is the great equalizer.
Amen! Dew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 03:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Oh, I'm not trying to discount that and I know how it works. I was simply expressing a personal preference in "causes", if that makes sense.

Re Oprah: I've been shopping with non-white friends and know clerks in some stores will not buzz them in. The last time that happened I hit the buzzer, was promptly let in, (I'm the stereotype-looking white lady those stores can't wait to buzz in) and I told the clerk, "You should have let my friend in. She's got a lot more money then I do and I just came in to tell you that you lost a sale."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT5rMvo3Clc

We will reach more people with loving-kindness.
Then, that of unfavorable opinions or feelings.

Last edited by Jerwade; 07-09-2016 at 03:20 PM..

Old 07-09-2016, 04:33 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Many Christians do. Some do not.

But there's got to be more than just speaking, yes? You yourself said that simply offering thoughts and prayers (which many have done publicly) isn't enough. So, what else?
Demanding responsible gun laws? Petitioning their paid for legislators to reject NRA ignorance?

Prayer changes NOTHING. Obviously god is content with the genocide so it has to be us mortals who force change.

The organized church has no problem supporting law enforcement, but generally say very little in support of those killed by psychos.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:38 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Oh, I'm not trying to discount that and I know how it works. I was simply expressing a personal preference in "causes", if that makes sense.

Re Oprah: I've been shopping with non-white friends and know clerks in some stores will not buzz them in. The last time that happened I hit the buzzer, was promptly let in, (I'm the stereotype-looking white lady those stores can't wait to buzz in) and I told the clerk, "You should have let my friend in. She's got a lot more money then I do and I just came in to tell you that you lost a sale."
Yes, it makes sense, of course.

Hahaha, good for you. A black friend and I have joked about going shoplifting together. While security follows her around the store, I'll get the goods.

Old 07-12-2016, 05:56 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So out-of-wedlock births is causing innocent people to die?
Criminals are not innocent. Your actions can shorten your days. Your reputation can cause you problems too. I'm sure you can't grasp any of this.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:07 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Criminals are not innocent. Your actions can shorten your days. Your reputation can cause you problems too. I'm sure you can't grasp any of this.

Fundamentalist ideologues are experts on ignorance. Just like you, my brother.

You know nothing about having children, because you have none.

You know nothing about pregnant women, because you do not have a relationship with a woman.

You want to punish women for having sex, because you are not having sex.

You want to criminalize women for having sex, and having children.

The Bible should have given you expertise on love and empathy.

It has made you an expert on judgement and ignorance.

Open your Bible, and open your heart , my brother.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:31 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Either they are praying, or they are silent. Pick one and run with it. Both can't be true.

Its odd, that after all the time you spend accusing the church of pushing political agenda, all of a sudden you accuse them of not pushing it enough.
I don't always agree with you but when I do, you know you are spot on. LOL! Good thinking!

Old 07-12-2016, 07:04 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,875,685 times
Z...please the church ( as a facility aka Gods house) is focused on "happy happy" and philosophically divorced from current events, politics, crime, Harbingers, end-times or anything that alters hope, nice and that which could dampen tithe. The believers ( God bless the little lambs) are a composite of clueless very good people wandering in post service parking lots headed for the pancake house.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:14 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Fundamentalist ideologues are experts on ignorance. Just like you, my brother.

You know nothing about having children, because you have none.

You know nothing about pregnant women, because you do not have a relationship with a woman.

You want to punish women for having sex, because you are not having sex.

You want to criminalize women for having sex, and having children.

The Bible should have given you expertise on love and empathy.

It has made you an expert on judgement and ignorance.

Open your Bible, and open your heart , my brother.
Jesus is nowhere to be found in this pilophisy of yours.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:19 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Jesus is nowhere to be found in this pilophisy of yours.
Jesus loved women and did not judge them, brother.

Jesus would never demonize pregnant women, either.

I do not see Jesus anywhere in your beliefs, brother. I see bitterness. A bitterness directed at women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity