Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2010, 05:27 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,087,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdinh View Post
Here is an intense scripture:
Revelation 21:8
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
Read the links herefornow posted. You may have your eyes opened.

But in the mean time, consider this: we have all been cowardly, unbelieving, vile, murderers, sexually immoral, idolaters and liars (at least in our heart).

Old 11-27-2010, 03:09 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,593,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdinh View Post
Sorry to burst some bubbles.
No need to apologize as no bubbles have burst that I am aware of.

This guy (Bill) is about as whack and un-scriptural as they come. Some more info can be found on this thread:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ill-wiese.html

Old 11-27-2010, 05:00 AM

175 posts, read 173,755 times
Sidath :
Quote:
Yes . His description is very true about Hell.
here is the description about Hell in Buddhism.
It matches with his experience.
Buddhism describes about Hell in following doctrine named as "Heavenly Messengers "
i find it hilarious that when a "christian" gives the description of hell it is not based on scripture, its a description found outside of it, usually pagan as it gets.

One of the things that weiss says is that it was total darkness, but yet he goes on and describes a "skyline"? among other things he said he saw ,

which was it total darkness that has light to see a skyline and the other things he said he saw??

That is one of the major problems imho in mainstream churchianity, contridictions that don't contridict.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:54 AM

154 posts, read 178,654 times
True, but that wasn't my point for putting that scripture up. My point was to let people know that it was not for profit, nor was he doing it for recognition. I was stating he wasn't lying about his testimony; for someone to know the scriptures as much as he did, and base everything off a fairy tale in his own head would be a liar, and as the scripture stated: "the idolaters and all liars- they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur," Rev 21:18 (which is where Hades or Hell will be thrown after Jesus' millennial reign...study revelation if you don't believe me).

But the funny thing is even if Jesus told of two people, one who was in heaven and the other being tormented in hell, people still wouldn't believe. Even if one had a Bible (which most people do in the west) and could see and understand Jesus died and rose again, some still wouldn't believe...oh wait he did:

Luke, Chapter 16

The Rich Man and Lazarus

“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’
“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
“‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Old 11-27-2010, 07:58 AM

Agreed, my friend. However, as I posted earlier in John 3:3, Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.

Flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of Heaven, one must be born from above. When one accepts Jesus as Lord and repents of one's sins, the blood washes away sins...and yes, that includes those who were once cowardly, unbelieving etc...,

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Read the links herefornow posted. You may have your eyes opened.

But in the mean time, consider this: we have all been cowardly, unbelieving, vile, murderers, sexually immoral, idolaters and liars (at least in our heart).

Last edited by tdinh; 11-27-2010 at 08:11 AM..

Old 11-27-2010, 08:07 AM

Read the prior reply, my friend. And yes, a place can be of total darkness for some and some would feel the intensity of the fire, that is not quenched and see the "skyline." You have to remember, as he stated, some in hades/hell will have it worst then others. The so called "good" people who either reject Jesus and His free gift and think they r "good" enough may have it less, which is still unbearable, in hades, then one who has been filled with the Spirit of God and rejects Him, that person will be beat with many blows: Luke 12:47
“The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

All in all folks, I enjoy talking about the Lord and encourage those who want to know Him, debates, sure why not...the Bible is my passion. Ultimately, it comes down to this (interpret however the way you want, but its black and white): Revelation 3:14-22

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by boanerges View Post
Sidath :

i find it hilarious that when a "christian" gives the description of hell it is not based on scripture, its a description found outside of it, usually pagan as it gets.

One of the things that weiss says is that it was total darkness, but yet he goes on and describes a "skyline"? among other things he said he saw ,

which was it total darkness that has light to see a skyline and the other things he said he saw??

That is one of the major problems imho in mainstream churchianity, contridictions that don't contridict.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:26 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,507,409 times
I've read a lot of peoples visions of hell and they are ALL strikingly similar, some of them happening centuries apart from one another even.

In St. Faustinas vision she noticed that most of the people in Hell did not believe Hell even existed.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:48 AM

I am newer to this thread, and was just reading through it and see that some of the people who are constantly replying aren't so much concerned about scripture...sure they pull up some man with a "doctorate" that gives his or her opinion on why so and so's testimony isn't valid or how this meaning or that meaning doesn't fit on what they believe, and people love to Google an atheist who doesn't quote scripture in it's proper context. All in all, if you believe that a "pink giraffe" flying through the universe and you got to ride on his back...then yes, you can find a group of people that believe that, even an intellect....with all his or her credentials behind his name.

And don't tell me about how our english BIble's interpretations are off and we misquote words such as eternal, hell, hades, torment, sound doctorine, lake of fire, death...thats straight garbage....so if the BIble talks about a second death and all liars, cowardly and the like, will be thrown into the lake of fire that burns forever, don't tell me that "lake of fire" in the hebrew version of the BIble means peace and serentiy and actually means the fire will purge your sins and then you will be welcomed to heaven. No, "Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, HEbrews 9:27.

For even Paul, who wrote to Timothy, was right, and this prophetic scripture is being and is fulfilled through this forum:

2 Timothy 4:1-4

In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Last edited by tdinh; 11-27-2010 at 10:00 AM..

Old 11-27-2010, 09:55 AM

175 posts, read 173,755 times
Not only does scripture shows bills' contradictions, so does bill

A critique:

By L.Ray Smith using scripture and bill and his wifes own words to show the contridictions:

Click here to go directly to the critique of Bill's book
or
Click here to go directly to Bill's 50 Contradictions

Old 11-27-2010, 11:08 AM

ok my friend, bill's testimony aside, you still can not negate what Jesus, himself, said about it...again, refer to the scripture I previously posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity