Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 05:45 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Bill's nightmare was not from God and is totally unscriptural.

I believe he had a demonically inspired experience and I feel for him. There is very little scriptural basis for anything he says, and there is everything to do with Greek Hades mythology about the underworld. Demons are not in 'hell' torturing anyone. They are on earth torturing the minds of people like Bill and the ones who believe this story to be true.

Honestly - people on crosses for eternity for mocking the cross? This is the sickest garbage imaginable, and I know exactly where it originated.
blessings,- Byron
I agree, Byron. Some people will fall for anything because they don`t understand the word of God.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:06 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
The Devil is not in business to bring people to Christ. Bill's testimony leads people to Him, not away from. Think about it.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
The Devil is not in business to bring people to Christ. Bill's testimony leads people to Him, not away from. Think about it.
Who does the devil disguise himself as? He is in business to lead people away from the truth. Satan wants people to believe God will torture you for all eternity. He wants you to believe God created everything knowing 99% of it would burn and be tortured in hell. I can`t tell you how many people I`ve heard say they don`t want any part of a God like that. That IS NOT bringing people to God. Half of the people on this forum,when you read bewtween the lines of what they say and promote, worship God out of fear. They admit they would live anyway they wanted if they knew God would save them anyway. That is not worshiping God out of love but out of fear. Think about it.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Who does the devil disguise himself as? He is in business to lead people away from the truth. Satan wants people to believe God will torture you for all eternity. He wants you to believe God created everything knowing 99% of it would burn and be tortured in hell. I can`t tell you how many people I`ve heard say they don`t want any part of a God like that. That IS NOT bringing people to God. Half of the people on this forum,when you read bewtween the lines of what they say and promote, worship God out of fear. They admit they would live anyway they wanted if they knew God would save them anyway. That is not worshiping God out of love but out of fear. Think about it.
What does God have to say about Hell? Not what "people" say, GOD! We so readily accept an eternal heaven....why is an eternal hell such a hard concept to swallow?

All the more reason to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Bill Wiese is certainly doing so!

Old 05-17-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
What does God have to say about Hell? Not what "people" say, GOD! We so readily accept an eternal heaven....why is an eternal hell such a hard concept to swallow?
What does he have to say about hell? Not what you think you`ve been taught. Hell is the grave. You just have to look up the greek and hebrew words that have been translated as hell. Why is it so hard to swallow? I can`t believe that question is even asked. Think about what you just asked? Why is eternal torment,people being burned alive for all of eternity without end so hard to swallow? Think about your family members and friends who you believe will be there. Think about the children who will be there. Why is it so hard to swallow? Wow! Other than the reasons I just stated, it`s hard to swallow because it isn`t the truth! God will not torture people in literal burning flames. That is a pagan concept. Think about it. Burning people forever in literal flames but they never burn up! Even children. Unbelievable!

Old 05-17-2009, 07:21 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Betsey Lane, do you believe that God sees beginning to end and do you believe that God is love, just, merciful, holy, and righteous? Do you believe that evil will exist for all of eternity, that the power of evil and sin will exist for all of eternity? Do you believe that the power of satan is greater than the power of the Creator, that his influence is greater than the influence of Jesus Christ? It is hard to swallow the concept of eternal hell because it isn't presented in the scriptures and it does not correspond with agape love, the power of God, the wisdom of God, the justice, and righteousness of God. God is love, not hate. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-17-2009 at 07:33 PM..

Old 05-17-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
What does he have to say about hell? Not what you think you`ve been taught. Hell is the grave. You just have to look up the greek and hebrew words that have been translated as hell. Why is it so hard to swallow? I can`t believe that question is even asked. Think about what you just asked? Why is eternal torment,people being burned alive for all of eternity without end so hard to swallow? Think about your family members and friends who you believe will be there. Think about the children who will be there. Why is it so hard to swallow? Wow! Other than the reasons I just stated, it`s hard to swallow because it isn`t the truth! God will not torture people in literal burning flames. That is a pagan concept. Think about it. Burning people forever in literal flames but they never burn up! Even children. Unbelievable!

And this concept is whose? Mines?

Old 05-17-2009, 07:41 PM

eternal........................

1. Revelation 20: 10
2. Revelation 19: 3
3. 1 Tim. 1: 17
4. Revelation 14: 11
5. Matthew 3:12
6. Luke 3: 17
7. Mark 9: 43
8. Matt. 18: 8
9. Jude 7
10. 2 Thess. 1: 9

My doctrine? My concept? On the contrary......I just believe all of it! ALL OF IT! Even the parts I can't wrap this small brain of mines around! He is God all by Himself, and whether I believe all of it and you some of it, it by no means will stop Him from being GOD!!

Old 05-17-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Betsey Lane, do you believe that God sees beginning to end and do you believe that God is love, just, merciful, holy, and righteous? Do you believe that evil will exist for all of eternity, that the power of evil and sin will exist for all of eternity? Do you believe that the power of satan is greater than the power of the Creator, that his influence is greater than the influence of Jesus Christ? It is hard to swallow the concept of eternal hell because it isn't presented in the scriptures and it does not correspond with agape love, the power of God, the wisdom of God, the justice, and righteousness of God. God is love, not hate. God bless.
I believe Him, period, all of it! He's a God of Justice and I believe all of us will get just as we deserve! Bless.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:05 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
I believe Him, period, all of it! He's a God of Justice and I believe all of us will get just as we deserve! Bless.
I do too, Betsey Lane. This is one reason why I don't believe in everlasting or eternal hell. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity