Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 07:18 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Then why did we need the Book of Revelation?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 08:43 AM

741 posts, read 444,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Then why did we need the Book of Revelation?...
This is like saying why do we need the books of Jeremiah, Habakkuk and Obadiah? Or why do we need the book of Lamentations? Or why do we need 4 Gospels about Jesus' life?

Because even though they all have information about the same events, each contains information that is not contained in the others.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
This is like saying why do we need the books of Jeremiah, Habakkuk and Obadiah? Or why do we need the book of Lamentations? Or why do we need 4 Gospels about Jesus' life?

Because even though they all have information about the same events, each contains information that is not contained in the others.
Or maybe it's a book of a false religion...

Old 07-23-2016, 12:20 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
I would say that I began this 7 year covenant 7 years ago last Pentecost. I say that I saw the abomination in my own self.

Daniel 9
Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

I say that I had been walking in a 42 month period as this 7 year covenant is split in half and that I am trying to come to the end of my prophecies to become a priest, I may have started 7 years ago, but who knows how long it takes for a person to die all the way?

I would say that everyone is the two witnesses.

The blood
The water.

YOU.

Everyone must see the lawless one in themselves.

I think.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I would say that I began this 7 year covenant 7 years ago last Pentecost. I say that I saw the abomination in my own self.

Daniel 9
Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

I say that I had been walking in a 42 month period as this 7 year covenant is split in half and that I am trying to come to the end of my prophecies to become a priest, I may have started 7 years ago, but who knows how long it takes for a person to die all the way?

I would say that everyone is the two witnesses.

The blood
The water.

YOU.

I think.

26And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one will be cut off, and he will be no more, and the people of the coming monarch will destroy the city and the Sanctuary, and his end will come about by inundation, and until the end of the war, it will be cut off into desolation.

Rashi:

And after: those weeks.

the anointed one will be cut off: Agrippa, the king of Judea, who was ruling at the time of the destruction, will be slain.

and he will be no more: Heb. וְאֵין לוֹ, and he will not have. The meaning is that he will not be.

the anointed one: Heb. מָשִׁיחַ. This is purely an expression of a prince and a dignitary.

and the city and the Sanctuary: lit. and the city and the Holy.

and the people of the coming monarch will destroy: [The monarch who will come] upon them. That is Titus and his armies.

and his end will come about by inundation: And his end will be damnation and destruction, for He will inundate the power of his kingdom through the Messiah, and until the end of the wars of Gog the city will exist.

cut off into desolation: a destruction of desolation.

See, the annointed one is speaking about king Agrippa...

27And he will strengthen a covenant for the princes for one week, and half the week he will abolish sacrifice and meal- offering, and on high, among abominations, will be the dumb one, and until destruction and extermination befall the dumb one.

Rashi:

And he will strengthen a covenant for the princes for one week: לָרַבִּים, for the princes, like “and all the officers of (רַבֵּי) the king,” in the Book of Jeremiah (39:13).

will strengthen: Titus [will strengthen] a covenant with the princes of Israel.

for one week: He will promise them the strengthening of a covenant and peace for seven years, but within the seven years, he will abrogate his covenant.

he will abolish sacrifice and meal-offering: This is what he says in the first vision (8:26): “and in tranquility he will destroy many.” Through a covenant of tranquility, he will destroy them.

and on high, among abominations will be the dumb one: This is a pejorative for pagan deities. i.e., on a high place, among abominations and disgusting things, he will place the dumb one, the pagan deity, which is dumb like a silent stone.

high: Heb. כְּנַף, lit. wing, an expression of height, like the wing of a flying bird.

and until destruction and extermination befall the dumb one: and the ruling of the abomination will endure until the day that the destruction and extermination decreed upon it [will] befall it, in the days of the king Messiah.

befall the dumb one: Heb. תִּתַּ, reach; and total destruction will descend upon the image of the pagan deity and upon its worshippers.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:39 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
I think.
Yes, Hannibal. We ALL need to learn that our adversary is our animal nature and not some external entity. Our embryo Spirit strives for the good and has to fight our selfish and self-centered animal nature every step of the way. The Kingdom of God is within and it is where we must overcome and endure to the end.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:48 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:

I think.
There is truth is that, but people do not what to see it.
Apparently, they would rather blame something else.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:49 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes, Hannibal. We ALL need to learn that our adversary is our animal nature and not some external entity. Our embryo Spirit strives for the good and has to fight our selfish and self-centered animal nature every step of the way. The Kingdom of God is within and it is where we must overcome and endure to the end.
That's what I think.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:53 AM

Quote:
This is what I've been saying...We are the Satan...

Old 07-23-2016, 01:25 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Quote:
That's what I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
This is what I've been saying...We are the Satan...
I know. We have many points of agreement, Richard. I am just trying to nudge you away from your obedience meme to one of agape love. It is a small change that minimizes the focus on laws as ends in themselves. They were training wheels for the exercise of self-control motivated by agape love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity