Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2016, 09:32 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Actually the Bible that you love, the same Jesus said one can.

Matthew 7:18
"A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit."
Jesus defined what bad fruit looks like, for such fruit defiles a person

Mark 7:20-22
“What comes out of a person is what defiles him.

For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality,
theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness.

All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.

And then all the fundamentalist Christians say that they still sin (bear bad fruit). So, by your reasoning, they do not know God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 09:32 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:

For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality,
theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I took a look at this man's website, this article
Great article by the way.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:39 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:

This is why bible fundamentalism is as sinful as the so called sinners they go after. It is true those things come out of our heart but so do good things(Jesus said this read it for yourself in Luke 6:45). Why am I saying bible fundamentalism is stooped in sin ? Because that is all it ever talks about.... Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks(in other words you are just speaking what's in your heart).... Basically you are talking up sin and not realizing it. The good man brings good things out that are stored in his heart.... What kind of good things ? Things rooted in love, peace and harmony, things that lovely and are of a good report ...... Don't be like a bible fundamentalist who is always looking for what is wrong in someone to the point that their thought life is focused on what they think is wrong rather on that which is good.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:08 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
And then all the fundamentalist Christians say that they still sin (bear bad fruit). So, by your reasoning, they do not know God.

We still sin, believers in Christ i mean, but that doesn't mean we don't bear good fruit aswell.

But God looks at the little good we do, through faith in Him, and He forgives our weaknesses mercifully. That is the enormous grace of God I have come to know.. He will not crush the bruised reed, and not quench the smoking flax. (great book by richard sibbed I am reading: the bruised reed)

It says in the Bible, ye have heard of the patience of Job.. there is fire.. well we have heard of his impatience aswell.. there was smoke aswell.. but God doesn't take that into account.

James 5:11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

David was a man after Gods own heart, there is fire.. yet David committed adultery and murdered Uriah.. there is smoke aswell. God is a God of grace, He knows our weaknesses, He knows what kind of people we are.. yet He doesn't cast us off, as we often cast off others for their weakness.. He is tender and mild, He will blow on that smoking flax so it might burn the brighter, and produce less smoke. He takes care of the weak. He may chastise us when we need it, some diseases take strong medicine to cure, but always as a loving father.

I have come to believe and know an absolutely Holy and perfectly Righteous God, He is to be feared but not a tyrant at all.. those are false imaginations given by satan, he wants us to be suspicious of God, as he deceived eve aswell.. but God is so good that He made a way of reconciliation for us, by sending Jesus Christ, He gave His Only Son out of love and grace to be the Sacrifice for rebellious and sinful mankind. Can we be suspicious of a God that gave His all to save us?

I think you are confusing legalism with the way God treats us, even the 10 commandments start with faith and mercy, I am the Lord thy God.. Exodus 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Maybe legalism is what repelled you through all those years in Church. I hope you will get to know the true God of mercy and grace, forgiveness and patience.. it's not a burden to serve the true God

Old 07-24-2016, 10:26 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Yes, one can know if someone is a Christian or not . And nope he/she can not explain it, it's quite obvious !
Am I a Christian, CyberMunchkin?

If it's quite obvious, tell me.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:29 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Am I a Christian, CyberMunchkin?

If it's quite obvious, tell me.
Duh, Your profile says you in Canada, now everybody knows that Canadians aint got no soul, but then there is that whole getting outta fear from hell, they will plant Canadians in the ground and only flowers will rise.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:32 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Duh, Your profile says you in Canada, now everybody knows that Canadians aint got no soul, but then there is that whole getting outta fear from hell, they will plant Canadians in the ground and only flowers will rise.
Gotta say -- If you're in BC, it's probably not 'flowers' that are rising XD

Old 07-24-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
We still sin, believers in Christ i mean, but that doesn't mean we don't bear good fruit aswell.

... <snipped post>

I think you are confusing legalism with the way God treats us, even the 10 commandments start with faith and mercy, I am the Lord thy God.. Exodus 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Maybe legalism is what repelled you through all those years in Church. I hope you will get to know the true God of mercy and grace, forgiveness and patience.. it's not a burden to serve the true God

The point is that twin indicated people can tell who is and is not a Christian based on whether or not they bring forth bad fruit, because a good tree (= christian, in twin's mind) can't bring forth bad fruit. He indicated that bad fruit = sin. So, by that reasoning, if you still sin you are not a Christian.

I'm not confusing anything. I know that what twin said is confused. Do you?

Old 07-24-2016, 10:44 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Some people just love saying that other people's ministry is the "work of the devil". Like those guys you read about in the bible, who said Jesus' power came from Beelzebub.
woe to you, who call evil good, and good evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity