Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 01:53 PM

2,212 posts, read 520,897 times

Advertisements

John 14:6,7 - "Jesus saith unto him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had know me, ye should have known My Father also: and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him."'

Unless we can be corrected, unless we are seeking God for an unfolding revelation of His son, our so-called "faith" may be, in reality, just a lazy indifference, a deception concerning the things of God. Subconsciously, we may actually want a dead religion so we do not have to change. True faith is freighted with the power of God.

Timothy 3:5 - "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power therof: from such turn away."

It is imperative to always remember that God is exact truth and faithful. One of the names of God is Faithful and True. To move forward into our DESTINY, we must completely disconnect from the disappointments, limitations, frustrations and failures of the past. If we are open to Him. The Holy Spirit will give us dreams in the night or streams of thought during the day to bring revelation and direction to our lives.

Last edited by Albert Finch; 08-07-2016 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: Unfolding Revelation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 01:53 PM

18,183 posts, read 16,747,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Finch View Post
Is it okay to look for satisfaction from other things than God alone?
Most definitely---unlesss you are Matt Slick.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:58 PM

18,183 posts, read 16,747,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
From Psalm 37:4 ``Delight yourself also in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart ``........See you can invite God to go with you on your vacation so it will not substitute Him in any way , or have God help you with your employment and hobbies were His insight will be a bonus , and He will do just that .......Having Jesus spirit around does not limit you to do the works of the church and God alone which sounds selfish , as God will be very helpful with His interaction even with being satisfied with different things , God will be there for His children ............
My Bible reads Psalm 37:4:

Quote:
"Delight thyself in a good glass of Scotch, an excellent slab of Kobe beef cook medium rare and a good woman afterwards and the Lord will give thee the desires of thy heart"

So you see since stumbling onto this translation I have gone back to professing that the Bible is the true and inerrant word of God.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:00 PM

Default Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone

Should I be willing to take risks in my spiritual walk?

Nothing takes the place of stepping out of your comfort zone and out on the limb. Faith is always spelled R-I-S-K! In order to seize your destiny -- step out, God's not only good, He will catch you if you fall and help you to get up and try again!

Don’t worry about the people in your past, for the Lord placed them there. He has an important reason why they won’t appear in your future.

"Forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:13-14

Old 08-08-2016, 10:21 PM

Default Facing Our Need For Grace

Matthew 6:13 - "And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one."

There is no temptation or sin in heaven. This prayer does not imply that God wants to tempt us. We know from James 1:13 that it is impossible for God to entice us to sin.
This kind of praying is important because it requires us to face our need for grace. It helps us to align our heart with heaven -- one of absolute dependency on God.

The phrase "deliver us from evil", as it is traditionally rendered, actually means, "deliver us from the evil one." A heart modeled after heaven has great success in spiritual warfare. Jesus was able to say, "satan has nothing in me."
The believer is to be completely free from all satanic influence and attachments. That is the cry voiced in this prayer.

CHRIST CAME TO TRAIN AND EMPOWER WARRIORS

Christ not only came to set captives free, He came to TRAIN and EMPOWER the recently freed to be warriors. How can we, imperfect Christians, walk triumphantly? The Bible says we overcome "because of the Blood of the Lamb and because of the word of [our] testimony, and [we do] not love [our lives] even when faced with death" (Revelation 12:11).

Many Christians are awakened spiritually, but they do not know God's promises in the Bible. To be successful, we must know God's Word, believe it, MEDITATE on it, and SPEAK it with faith. We overcome by the "word of our testimony."

Old 08-09-2016, 03:30 PM

Default Complete In Christ

Allowing Christ to flow freely out of us enables us to do what?

Old 08-09-2016, 03:32 PM

Default Complete In Christ

Allowing Christ to flow freely out of us enables us to do what?

It is imperative that we realize our personal identity in Christ. In Colossians 2:9 we discover this central fact concerning Christ Jesus: "For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily."
Our outlook on life is changed as we comtemplate: "And you are complete IN HIM who is the head of all principality and power." (Colossians 2:10)

"You are complete," which means we lack nothing at all, as we abide in Him. Abiding in Christ and allowing Him to flow freely out of us enables us to function with the greatest degree of success, thus discovering God's CALLING upon our life.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:35 PM

Default Desire To Know The Truth

John 8:32 - "If you abide in My word, you are truly My disciples. And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free."

SOME HAVE THOUGHT BEING NICE WAS OF THE SAME ESSENCE AS KNOWING THE TRUTH. IT IS NOT. WE CAN THANK OUR PARENTS THAT WE ARE NICE BUT, IF WE WOULD KNOW THE TRUTH, WE MUST SEEK GOD AND BE WILLING TO OBEY HIM.

ESTABLISHING THE REALITY OF GOD'S KINGDOM

The weapon God has given us to combat the lies of the enemy is the Word of God, which the Scriptures refer to as the "sword of the Spirit" (Ephesians 6:17). Jesus said His words "are spirit and are life" (John 6:63), which is to say that the substance or meaning in Christ's words represents an actual reality: the living Spirit of the Kingdom of God.

The ancient Greeks, in whose language the New Testament was written, had no word for "reality." To them "truth" and "reality" were the same essence. If we seek to experience the true work of the Holy Spirit, we should understand that the Spirit has been sent to establish the reality of God's Kingdom in the lives of Jesus' followers. Thus, as we become one with the Spirit of Truth, and as we fully embrace the Word of Truth, we are brought into the reality of God Himself!

This point is essential: in our war over who controls man's world, the singular weapon God has given the Church is His Spirit-empowered Word. The living Word of the Spirit is the truth.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:15 PM

Default Visual Distraction

1 John 2:15 - "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

Someone said, "You can look, but don't touch." This is bad advice. There is much visual distraction today. It's easy to be lured away into worldly thinking and be deceived by the enemy by (continually) looking at something that is beneath a Christian's dignity.

Job 31:1 - "I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?"

What we alow ourselves to see will dictate what we think.

The scripture says, "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7). But the verse right before it says "Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye.."

It has been said "If you hang out at the Barber Shop long enough you are going to get a haircut." If we allow our eyes to see things they shouldn't, we will eventually wind up doing it. Satan gives a very bad haircut, and in the long run it will turn out to be an expensive one.

Don't have a bad hair day.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:36 PM

Default Walking And Talking Believers

What is the extent of our authority in Christ -- or do we have any authority?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity