Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 02:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,048,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Are you going to compton to preach to gang members?

No. When I go to Compton I don't preach. People in Compton already know who Jesus is. Including the gang-bangers. Compton has plenty of churches. It doesn't need any Comfort-style preachers. It does need people to volunteer with Big Brothers, tutor kids in reading and build stores so people have access to fresh produce.

Compton ministers, BTW, wouldn't think of preaching at the beach and filming themselves for Youtube. They're too busy in the food kitchens and youth centers.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-26-2016 at 03:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 02:51 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,041,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
There you go again, thinking it's your responsibility to convict OTHER people of sin. I sure hope that you at least disagree with this man when he says that most women who have been raped need to be convicted that it was their fault.
Repent and believe, is what the Gospel says, all have sinned and fallen away from the glory of God.. there is none that does good, no not one.. that's convicting, repeating the truth from Scripture.. and yes it's part of preaching. Why else would people look for a Saviour without the need of one?

Jesus Christ came to take away our sin, not be a great example or a wise man, He is the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world. That's the message, we all have sinned and have a debt upto our necks with God for which we can't pay.. so Jesus Christ came to pay it instead.

Now if you don't know you have a debt, you won't look for a way to pay it.. but good thing our consciences (generally) do still function and recognise there are many things wrong we have done/thought/said compared to Gods Holy Law. Now the conscience needs reminding to see the trouble it's in.. otherwise, why would it look for a payment for the debt of sin? As long as Gods Law keeps quiet, the conscience can be lulled asleep, but when the Law is preached, the conscience gets convicted.. and either rebels against it or admits the debt is true and is made willing to run to Jesus Christ who has paid the price for our souls. But without conviction, there is no need for salvation, no need for Christ.. and the Holy Spirit uses the preaching of Gods Word by humans to do that work of convicting the conscience.

Old 07-26-2016, 02:57 PM

45,318 posts, read 26,884,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Who are you to say not? when someone claims they were doing god's will by killing (much like in the OT) who are we to say they were not?

It seems when someone does something you agree with, it is GOD'S WILL, and when they do something you disagree with they ARE SATAN'S SPAWN...

Exactly like all the people you hate are the same one's your god hates...
My, ain't that convenient.
It has nothing to do with me. It has everything to do with who God is, and who the Holy Spirit is. If you knew Them, you would not have responded as you did.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:08 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,330,942 times
Quote:
Repent and believe, is what the Gospel says, all have sinned and fallen away from the glory of God.. there is none that does good, no not one.. that's convicting, repeating the truth from Scripture.. and yes it's part of preaching. Why else would people look for a Saviour without the need of one?

Jesus Christ came to take away our sin, not be a great example or a wise man, He is the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world. That's the message, we all have sinned and have a debt upto our necks with God for which we can't pay.. so Jesus Christ came to pay it instead.

Now if you don't know you have a debt, you won't look for a way to pay it.. but good thing our consciences (generally) do still function and recognise there are many things wrong we have done/thought/said compared to Gods Holy Law. Now the conscience needs reminding to see the trouble it's in.. otherwise, why would it look for a payment for the debt of sin? As long as Gods Law keeps quiet, the conscience can be lulled asleep, but when the Law is preached, the conscience gets convicted.. and either rebels against it or admits the debt is true and is made willing to run to Jesus Christ who has paid the price for our souls. But without conviction, there is no need for salvation, no need for Christ.. and the Holy Spirit uses the preaching of Gods Word by humans to do that work of convicting the conscience.
Uh huh.

Like I said, I hope you at least disagree with the crazy guy in the video who thought that the majority of women who have been raped need to be convicted that it's their fault.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:23 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,117,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Actually.... So Cal is full to the brim of preachers, and regular people, who share their faith publicly. People in Podunk and flyover country have a very distorted view of So Cal and its faith community. It's a vocal, active Bible Belt with great weather.
I'm guessing that people in So Cal have a very distorted view of Podunk and flyover country, as well.
Quote:
Comfort chooses to preach at the beach. What a sacrifice! Hopefully he uses sun screen.
Again...he chooses to preach publicly. I give the guy credit.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in the poor areas of So Cal that Comfort avoids so he can be at the beach, there are ministers and lay people LIVING the gospel while they work to help gang- bangers, drug addicts, immigrants, and the poor. The people Jesus loved and hung out with.
You don't think he also lives the Gospel? I've seen videos of him and his cohorts speaking to gang-bangers, drug addicts, etc. You know...the people Jesus loved and hung out with when he wasn't hanging out with pharisees and other religious people?
Quote:
They're doing that while Comfort films himself for Youtube. If you want to defend him....knock yourself out. I'm sure he'd be pleased to know you think he has "guts" for preaching in a nice, safe, trendy spot on the beach.
I honestly don't think he needs me defending him.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:25 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,117,238 times
Quote:
Are you going to compton to preach to gang members? The Lord has different callings for different people, remember, the Church is one Body with many members.. the hand can't say to the foot I don't need you.. etc.

Don't know why you are hating on ray comfort, as far as I know he has reached millions of people with the Gospel and he has the guts to stand up for his faith unwaveringly.
Typically, people that preach the actual Gospel don't tend to get treated very well on this board.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:30 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,330,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Typically, people that preach the actual Gospel don't tend to get treated very well on this board.
The "actual gospel".

Yes, yes. The good news of great joy to all people: believe or burn!

Old 07-26-2016, 03:44 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,666,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It has nothing to do with me. It has everything to do with who God is, and who the Holy Spirit is. If you knew Them, you would not have responded as you did.
Amen, and so true !
It is so sad to read such post . There are so many here who have that same kind of heart so full of hatred, hostility just pours out and there seems to be no remorse for being such a way in their life ! You just keep reading everyday the constant condemnation and oppressing God's ppl and in reality it is actually done unto the Lord !
And it does seem to be getting worse though !

Matthew 12:36-37 (NASB)
36 But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.
37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Titus 3:10-11 (NASB)
10 Reject a factious man after a first and second warning,
11 knowing that such a man is perverted and is sinning, being self-condemned.

Psalm 94:20-22 (NASB)
20 Can a throne of destruction be allied with You,
One which devises mischief by decree?
21 They band themselves together against the life of the righteous
And condemn the innocent to death.
But the Lord has been my (our)stronghold,
And my [our] God the rock of my [our] refuge. Amen \0/

We do have to remember that God will take care of it sooner or later ! Yet some days it is not easy to overcome the constant harassment !!

Just keep remembering His promises, amen !
Psalm 34:22
The Lord redeems the soul of His servants, And none of those who take refuge in Him will be condemned.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:31 PM

45,318 posts, read 26,884,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The "actual gospel".

Yes, yes. The good news of great joy to all people: believe or burn!
Without God's plan, and the sacrifice of Christ - it would have been just... burn.

The good news is the work has been done so that there is an opportunity to avoid "burn" with "belief", which results in deliverance from the burn.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:26 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,250,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The good news is the work has been done so that there is an
opportunity to avoid "burn" with "belief", which results in deliverance
from the burn.
Those that really know our Father...know there is no such thing as 'burn or hell'.

Those that know only the written words of others...still think there is such a thing.

Not a popular statement, I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity