Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 07:37 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Fundamentalists showing their true colors on here I see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 08:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

Again...he chooses to preach publicly. I give the guy credit.

You don't think he also lives the Gospel? I've seen videos of him and his cohorts speaking to gang-bangers, drug addicts, etc. You know...the people Jesus loved and hung out with when he wasn't hanging out with pharisees and other religious people?

I honestly don't think he needs me defending him.
He's going to have a heck of a fall if you make that pedestal any higher.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
I don’t care if a woman walks down the street naked, she does not deserve to be raped.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Typically, people that preach the actual Gospel don't tend to get treated very well on this board.
Because a lot of it is stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The "actual gospel".

Yes, yes. The good news of great joy to all people: believe or burn!
Case in point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Without God's plan, and the sacrifice of Christ - it would have been just... burn.

The good news is the work has been done so that there is an opportunity to avoid "burn" with "belief", which results in deliverance from the burn.
No. The good news is the bible is fiction.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:25 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
No. When I go to Compton I don't preach. People in Compton already know who Jesus is. Including the gang-bangers. Compton has plenty of churches. It doesn't need any Comfort-style preachers. It does need people to volunteer with Big Brothers, tutor kids in reading and build stores so people have access to fresh produce.

Compton ministers, BTW, wouldn't think of preaching at the beach and filming themselves for Youtube. They're too busy in the food kitchens and youth centers.
That's a good thing, do you serve in food kitchens and youth centers aswell?

My point is not everybody has to be doing the same thing, God gives different circumstances, different opportunities to different people. He gave comfort the talents to both share the Gospel on the street and via youtube share it with the world. Other people serve in food kitchens or homeless shelters, drug clinics or wherever.. they might not have the talent for public ministry. It doesn't make them better, they take care of temporal needs, comfort tries to point out the eternal needs of the soul.. both are good! I just wonder if you do any of them, or just criticize others?

Old 07-27-2016, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Uh huh.

Like I said, I hope you at least disagree with the crazy guy in the video who thought that the majority of women who have been raped need to be convicted that it's their fault.

Ofcourse I disagree, but because there's a wrong way doesn't mean there isn't a right way.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:55 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Are you going to compton to preach to gang members? The Lord has different callings for different people, remember, the Church is one Body with many members.. the hand can't say to the foot I don't need you.. etc.

Don't know why you are hating on ray comfort, as far as I know he has reached millions of people with the Gospel and he has the guts to stand up for his faith unwaveringly.

Comfort is a liar and a hypocrite. First, he lied about his whole banana thing being a comedy routine. He also publicly shames people, and tells people they are sinful, when he is full of sin himself.

Old 07-27-2016, 05:15 AM

Beautiful interview sharing the truth of the Gospel, thanks for posting

Old 07-27-2016, 05:23 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Ofcourse I disagree, but because there's a wrong way doesn't mean there isn't a right way.
There is Usually more than ONE right way.

Old 07-27-2016, 05:26 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Comfort is a liar and a hypocrite. First, he lied about his whole banana thing being a comedy routine. He also publicly shames people, and tells people they are sinful, when he is full of sin himself.

Funny how fundies say we are born sinners and sinful and yet at the same time deny the traits of what they call sinful are in us at birth. They want it both both ways to trap you so they can judge you rather than themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity