Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2016, 07:10 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Sorry...what's not fair? I'm not putting God on the hook. I'm looking for explanations. I asked some questions of someone who has claimed to have received multiple miraculous healings. If she has special knowledge on how and why she was healed....I would think she'd be anxious to share.

I DID. Perhaps you missed it. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
always wondered how Doubting Thomas got a pass, yet Judas, who could be characterized as actually having no doubts about Christ's power, but just wanting to coerce Him into accepting an earthly crown, is considered condemned, even though he repented. Diff thread prolly tho, sorry op.

I don't think Judas had a choice at that point, since Satan entered into him and Yeshua told him what he had to do to do it quickly, and for that reason I don't think it had anything to do with him wanting Him to accept an earthly crown. Satan was a murderer from the beginning, and murder was the motivation. Peace

Old 10-06-2016, 07:44 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I don't think it had anything to do with him wanting Him to accept an earthly crown. Satan was a murderer from the beginning, and murder was the motivation. Peace
satan's, yes. But Judas'? A former Jew looking for the Messiah to Come Riding In On A White Horse, like they all were? Just like Christians do today? You don't think i could make a case that that was Judas' motivation? That he expected a different reaction from Christ? It's still a sin. actually, thinking about it, including the suicide and all--rather than repenting; as if--i begin to see maybe why he is considered condemned, regardless of his motivations...which i doubt were, what, murder?

Old 10-06-2016, 09:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Ok, maybe then you can share your technique for getting God's attention to heal you multiple times? ...I'm seen very inconsistent results even when the need and the faith is great...I've seen and even somewhat experienced healing before but not with any kind of virtual logic or reason behind when they happen and when they do not...and I really don't buy the "You just didn't believe enough" excuse ..which really just makes the missionary Christian parents of a deceased child from a painful brain tumor want to humbly break the excuse makers legs....
Quote:
Well, I will tell you the word of knowledge I received from a total stranger (who had no idea why they got the word they did) the day He confirmed my healing from terminal cancer. "Because of your obedience, you're healed." Now understand that I had hemorrhaged for 7 straight weeks by this point, but I was told I was healed then and also previously by Him, at one week of diagnosis mark.

What that means is, I called my mind a liar and commanded by body to line up with the word of G-d (that I had received with faith) EVERY DAY of that 7 weeks. The next day after that word at the 7 week mark, the hemorrhaging stopped and that was almost 20 years ago and I have never been bothered since, and several tests and an exam confirmed I had terminal cancer that started with a by then 8 centimeter tumor that had spread to my other organs in the 18 months since it was first caught (doctor's office dropped the ball) and when I started hemorrhaging. And you better believe my mind and I were in a warfare over it, because I had lost my mother to terminal cancer the same way just 2 years before this. Her father also died from it, so there was a generational curse going through my family.

As for my opinion as to why it is not commonplace (although I have many friends who have experienced this as well) I attribute to the fact a large part of the body has done away with the gifts of the Spirit, and is those very gifts that build up faith in individuals. So how can anyone stand when the rain, the wind, and the storms come, when they have not build it according to the pattern and so have no foundation?

And so most often what you hear about, is well-meaning people that think they are standing on the word by claiming a healing based solely on what is written, but the word that we are to stand on is the PERSONAL SPIRIT BREATHED word we get for ourselves from the Father's mouth, because after all, He is sovereign and it is ultimately up to Him who lives and who dies. Accepting that was part of my package deal, I might add. Once told I had cancer, I literally came home and laid on my face and told Him I knew he COULD heal me, but I needed to know if He WOULD heal me. There's a great deal of difference. And this is why it states that man shall live by bread (letter) alone but by every word (Spirit breathed) that proceeds from the mouth of G-d. G-d being a Spirit, it stands to reason, that He speaks via the Spirit.

So if you look at the order I revealed these things, you will see that first came the diagnosis, a week later the word from Him that He had healed me, then I had to take that word and mix it with faith (knowing that without faith it is impossible to please Him), IN SPITE OF, what my body and my mind were telling me. It's no different than the spies that went into the promised land. Either we believe the word of the Lord and act upon it, or we don't. This is why faith without works is (or worketh) death. Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
Thank you so much for telling us about your healing. I totally believe what you have said. I have seen and experienced healings, too. God is alive and well and is intimately interested in us. And His children/friends hear His voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I have my doubts, as the death toll worldwide is approaching 45,800,000 for this year with almost three months remaining. And will probably reach around 60,000,000 by years end?
Quote:
And you have hit on the root of the problem. Without FAITH it is impossible to please Him. Doubt is not faith. Peace
Convincing yourself that something is true - is not faith.
However, I think you are confusing doubt with unbelief.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:05 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
You keep lecturing on healing. Why are you on CD instead of making the rounds of children's hospitals spreading your beliefs about how you have been healed multiple times?
You don't see faith healers in hospitals for the same reason you don't seeclairvoyants winning the lottery.

Quote:
If she has special knowledge on how and why she was healed....I would think she'd be anxious to share.
Or telling the world about it via newspapers, magazines, and tours in order to show the world that her god really does exist and performs miracles...but nothing, just like she produces nothing to back up her claims here. I say she's a charlatan.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:36 AM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I was referring to it as a literary work actually...but never mind.
Yeah...You might want to clarify that a bit more next time before you say good things about the literary work of one of the biggest genocidal madmen in history...just saying Charles Mansons' songs probably weren't bad either but..

Old 10-07-2016, 10:43 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,535,379 times
Quote:
You don't see faith healers in hospitals for the same reason you don't seeclairvoyants winning the lottery.

Or telling the world about it via newspapers, magazines, and tours in order to show the world that her god really does exist and performs miracles...but nothing, just like she produces nothing to back up her claims here. I say she's a charlatan.
How is it working out for her now that she's told you?

Old 10-07-2016, 10:48 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
How is it working out for her now that she's told you?
There are more believes in the world than non-believers. I would suspect it would work out very well for her.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:11 AM

Yes, it does, particularly for those I come into contact with that also believe and receive healing. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Peace

Old 10-07-2016, 12:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:

I don't believe her either.

But she may believe herself. If that is the case, she's not a charlatan, just - to put it mildly - confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity