Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be ready for the 8th day of Tabernacles if it happens this year?
Yes 3 27.27%
No 1 9.09%
I will be ready for Christmas 3 27.27%
WE aint sposed to keep Jewish feasts. 4 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 03:11 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times

Advertisements

Yes, I'll be thinking about the Lord, and I'm planning to be camping with my family in a tent on Shemini Atzeret - 23rd October. Just need a shofar now! Dang it, things started happening last time I blew one of those things - I ended up leaving one Babylon, to enter another. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 03:32 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Yes, I'll be thinking about the Lord, and I'm planning to be camping with my family in a tent on Shemini Atzeret - 23rd October. Just need a shofar now! Dang it, things started happening last time I blew one of those things - I ended up leaving one Babylon, to enter another. LOL
Sounds familiar.

I always camped in Oklahoma at turner falls, and I bet I carved the feast of Tabernacles and the dates on just about every picnic Table. This place is like heaven to me, it is so ancient, one of the most ancient places you can visit in America and we would have the best times of our lives just building great fires and telling stories and carving picnic tables with Sukkot traditions. It has been too many years since we did that.

OMG, To have been born in a day when the Temple stood and to be in Jerusalem with all the families of the world like the biggest family reunion in history with sukkahs everywhere and to be there at the water ceremony, that was always my dream.

Joyful Thanksgiving~ Isaiah 12

1And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
2Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
3Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
4And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
5Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.
6Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

CRY AND SHOUT,'' SAVE NOW, SAVE NOW.''

Just to imagine the bride circling the alter 7 times and then a shout to the Lord.

To hear the wind entering the Temple with the branches, it must have really been something.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; Today at 02:42 AM..

Old 08-10-2016, 07:48 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Wow, ok I re-read Ezekiel 47 and 48.
Awesome.

I tryed to find something out about Ephraim in the scriptures. Concerning the gentile connection you mentioned.

I am still reading .

Old 08-10-2016, 12:17 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Sounds familiar.

I always camped in Oklahoma at turner falls, and I bet I carved the feast of Tabernacles and the dates on just about every picnic Table. This place is like heaven to me, it is so ancient, one of the most ancient places you can visit in America and we would have the best times of our lives just building great fires and telling stories and carving picnic tables with Sukkot traditions. It has been too many years since we did that.

OMG, To have been born in a day when the Temple stood and to be in Jerusalem with all the families of the world like the biggest family reunion in history with sukkahs everywhere and to be there at the water ceremony, that was always my dream.

Joyful Thanksgiving~ Isaiah 12

1And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
2Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
3Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
4And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
5Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.
6Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

CRY AND SHOUT,'' SAVE NOW, SAVE NOW.''

Just to imagine the bride circling the alter 7 times and then a shout to the Lord.

To hear the wind entering the Temple with the branches, it must have really been something.

Well, we ARE there....it's all happening again, and the Spirit is revealing it to our eyes of understanding. Peace

Old 08-10-2016, 12:39 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Wow, ok I re-read Ezekiel 47 and 48.
Awesome.

I tryed to find something out about Ephraim in the scriptures. Concerning the gentile connection you mentioned.

I am still reading .
Hosea is the book of Ephraim, the kingdom of Israel, the ten lost tribes. The kingdom of Ephraim were already becoming gentiles and they had called the Torah a strange thing and they became gentiles. God said he would no longer be their God, and they would no longer be his people and they would be sent into the nations where they would fully become gentiles and only as gentiles will they be called Back. Jesus was a light to the nation of Joseph, the kingdom of Ephraim in the land of Naphtali and Zebulun.

Hosea promises that those lost gentiles who get a betrothal and to be redeemed through a marriage to a Jew are seen as Israel, as a gentile coming under the promise to the gentiles of the lost ten tribes.

It's not a covenant with gentile and Jews, it is strictly a covenant for Jews and lost gentiles of Ephraim. You either become Ephraim by joining Judah or you don't.

''In the place it was said to them,'' You are not my people,'' it will be said to them,'' Ye are the sons of the living God.''
{Ephraim}

Jesus brought a new covenant for Ephraim and Judah and Jesus had to call those lost gentiles of Ephraim in order to fill the ranks of the lost Ephraim out of the gentile nations.

They were lost 700 years before Jesus came and we are they.

IF we return under the promise spoken to the kingdom of Ephraim, we are redeemed through a betrothal to a Jew that redeems us into Israel because Jesus only brings a covenant for Ephraim and Judah and if you are not a Jew, you come in under the promise of Ephraim, in the whole land of Joseph.

The stick of Ephraim and the stick of Judah was made one until the ten lost tribes became the ten lost tribes again.

Christianity had done the same thing the first king of Israel had done, they had followed in the ways of Jeroboam.

Now their is a second calling going out into the nations for Ephraim to come returning.

The brotherhood was broken when Christianity walked away from Judaism 100 years after Jesus died.

Now gentiles are being called back again.

A wise virgin is a gentile who took it upon themselves to fix the brotherhood between Judah and Ephraim, a Jew is that extra vessel.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-10-2016 at 12:50 PM..

Old 08-10-2016, 11:53 PM

I thought a wise virgin is one who had intimacy with the Holy Spirit, the oil. I can't pretend to understand the finer points of this, but what about the 'one new man' concept....? What specific promises / blessings apply to anyone who is a part of the one new man?, and are they distinct from promises / blessings applying to specifically modern day Judahites by blood/tribe?

Best,

Old 08-10-2016, 11:55 PM

Ten lost.
Ten gathered and strung.

Hoshea reminded me of the wars during the time of Judges.

There was an unequal scale from what I gathered. A measure of weights being given till salvation was given.

Was it Dan, Judah , and Epraim that held blessings till Judah prevailed?

When I look at what Ezekiel showed in comparison to the Torah.

I see profound connections.
Which gives me so much hope and direction toward further Understanding.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:19 AM

I need a bit of help here, some Beit Midrash, so am being open/honest and have sent the following to John Parsons at Hebrew for Christians.

Manifest sonship - for Judahites or the one new man

Hello John,

I have read your Two House Theology article, because it came up as a top result under a search term I used of: ‘one new man or Judah Ephraim concept’ I found it very informative and well underpinned, so thank you for that thoroughness.

I do however need to explain why I was searching under that term – because of an associated aspect relating to the ‘manifest sons of God’, and to whom this ‘promise’ or blessing may apply, whether it is to anyone who may be of the ‘one new man’, or if it is to specifically modern Judahites, i.e. the "144,000". This at the moment appears to me to be a matter of belief, rather than specific interpretation of the word, since people believe different things about what certain phrases mean, hence their spin on it.

I do appreciate there is the Romans’ scripture about when Judah comes into the fold, it will be like life from the dead in terms of blessing for the world, so in that respect, I can see there is a purpose for radical evangelical Jews doing the greater works toward their kin folk, and who best to evangelise them, as we enter this millennial period now (another big subject – but it is basically clear that we are at the break point between the 6th and 7th day, and there has been no physical return of Yeshua yet, and I don’t think there will be either!, since as you say it is a spiritual kingdom – most of the church (leaders especially) have missed this, probably because they have a controlling/career interest in doing so), but more importantly, this cuts against the one new man concept, of neither Jew nor gentile in Christ!

I think a Hebraic study of the manifest sons of God and to whom it applies would be useful. I’ve heard that the sons are not ‘all those’ in the church, but are those who are pressing into God. Now, with the 144,000 and two house ideas I’m hearing that the manifest sons are only Jews. I’ve also heard about a double portion of the Holy Spirit on Shemini Atzeret “maybe this year”, but only for those “observing the feast/s” etc. It’s getting very confusing. LOL

Old 08-11-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
I need a bit of help here, some Beit Midrash, so am being open/honest and have sent the following to John Parsons at Hebrew for Christians.

Manifest sonship - for Judahites or the one new man

Hello John,

I have read your Two House Theology article, because it came up as a top result under a search term I used of: ‘one new man or Judah Ephraim concept’ I found it very informative and well underpinned, so thank you for that thoroughness.

I do however need to explain why I was searching under that term – because of an associated aspect relating to the ‘manifest sons of God’, and to whom this ‘promise’ or blessing may apply, whether it is to anyone who may be of the ‘one new man’, or if it is to specifically modern Judahites, i.e. the "144,000". This at the moment appears to me to be a matter of belief, rather than specific interpretation of the word, since people believe different things about what certain phrases mean, hence their spin on it.

I do appreciate there is the Romans’ scripture about when Judah comes into the fold, it will be like life from the dead in terms of blessing for the world, so in that respect, I can see there is a purpose for radical evangelical Jews doing the greater works toward their kin folk, and who best to evangelise them, as we enter this millennial period now (another big subject – but it is basically clear that we are at the break point between the 6th and 7th day, and there has been no physical return of Yeshua yet, and I don’t think there will be either!, since as you say it is a spiritual kingdom – most of the church (leaders especially) have missed this, probably because they have a controlling/career interest in doing so), but more importantly, this cuts against the one new man concept, of neither Jew nor gentile in Christ!

I think a Hebraic study of the manifest sons of God and to whom it applies would be useful. I’ve heard that the sons are not ‘all those’ in the church, but are those who are pressing into God. Now, with the 144,000 and two house ideas I’m hearing that the manifest sons are only Jews. I’ve also heard about a double portion of the Holy Spirit on Shemini Atzeret “maybe this year”, but only for those “observing the feast/s” etc. It’s getting very confusing. LOL
I must admit. I also began to think the two house theology was what Hannibal was refferencing.
Yet it doesnt fit. Which l am glad to hear.

I believe he may of touched on a 3 fold work. Which is very difficult to hold.

The hardest part of a test is not knowing the question ..

Old 08-11-2016, 07:59 AM

... absolutely. Am in the category of 'happy to sup at the bar, but not able to add to the conversation'. But if two eminent orthodox rabbi's are agreed about something, as per the link in the OP then (a) the likelihood of something happening greatly increases, and (b) there is hope for a common millenial theology emerging over time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity