Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 10:20 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
Actually Matt Slick says you are wrong. He explains at your own link why he shut down the discussion
of universalism on CARM:

"I closed the board primarily because my walk with Christ was being badly affected..."

His walk...or the arguments of universalists that shook his Calvinist suppositions to the core?
Everything I said is true and found in the link. I attached the link, so you can read it for yourself. Yes, hate, insults and "professions of love and actions of hate", which is exactly what we see here on daily bases from the local universalists.

Quote:
You say he was "forced" to "close...down" the universalism discussion forum. He also banned all discussion of the topic on his site. Did the mafia hold a gun to his head?
Again, his own words are on the link. Clearly he felt he had no other choice aka was forced to close it. It is a good idea to ban topics which bring nothing but discord, insults and hate to the forum. Who needs it?

He added:

Quote:
Since closing the board on CARM, I have lurked on different universalist boards on the Net and am not at all surprised to find that they still speak ill of me, still utter insults about me, still gossip about me, and still misrepresent the facts about why I closed the board.
And you and some other posters on this very thread already proved him right.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-07-2016 at 10:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 10:35 PM

435 posts, read 250,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Everything I said is true and found in the link. I attached the link, so you can read it for yourself. Yes, hate, insults and "professions of love and actions of hate", which is exactly what we see here on daily bases from the local universalists.
I'm not seeing it here from *alleged* universalists.

I was there on CARM over a decade ago when this fiasco went down & know that the insults were not only on the one side by a few *alleged* universalists, but from the ETC advocates as well.

Matt's own confession of bitterness is evidence of that.

Of course a few insults pale in comparison to sadisticly burning the vast majority of children and adults in hellfire for all the endless eons of eternity.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
I was there on CARM over a decade ago when this fiasco went down & know that the insults were not only on the one side by a few *alleged* universalists, but from the ETC advocates as well.
I guess they crossed the line when they went after his family and started with the personal emails. I have most universalists on my ignore list because there is so much anger & hostility in their posts.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
I guess they crossed the line when they went after his family and started with the personal emails. I have most universalists on my ignore list because there is so much anger & hostility in their posts.
In other words, you're afraid of them.

We understand. Every fundanatic I've ever met has been motivated by fear.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:36 PM

435 posts, read 250,296 times
Quote:
I'd say ECT advocates crossed the line with the dark ages of Inquisitions, Crusades, burning 'heretics' and their writings for 100's of years. Maybe Matt should ban himself from CARM or life in general.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
I'd say ECT advocates crossed the line with the dark ages of Inquisitions, Crusades, burning 'heretics' and their writings for 100's of years. Maybe Matt should ban himself from CARM or life in general.
Because of dark ages of Inquisitions, Crusades, burning 'heretics'?

Ban from life?

Sounds like you are still not over it even after 10 years.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-08-2016 at 06:16 AM..

Old 08-08-2016, 02:57 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
More projection of your own dark heart, Finn. The majority of hate and insults you see are all in your mind. We promote agape love, not hate. But since it disagrees with your wrathful god beliefs you see it as hate.
Quote:
I'm not seeing it here from *alleged* universalists.
That is because it is all in his mind. He just hates universalists and makes no distinction between universalists and Christian universalists.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:27 PM

Telling people their heart is dark is only one small example of the 'stuff' universalists here dish out on daily bases.

As you can see, the claim of "agape love" is always inserted in it, which brings us back to the "professions of love with actions of hate".

Other routine UR comments:

- You worship a book

- Your god is a monster

- You are a biblean

- Jesus Christ is not your authority/lord

- Your bible was written by ignorant savages

- You are a hater and a bigot

- You are a pharisee

etc, etc, etc......

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-08-2016 at 04:36 PM..

Old 08-08-2016, 03:47 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Telling people their heart is dark is only one small example of the 'stuff' universalists here dish out on daily bases.
Let's see. Someone whose heart is NOT dark sees a world wherein:

1.1we are all wicked sinners who deserve Hell,
2. everything we do is filthy rags to God,
3. when we speak of love we are speaking hate because we do not believe the "right" things
4. if you do not believe the "right" things you must be a spawn of the devil,
5. even if you do the good and decent things God will not accept you because of #4 and all the above.

I don't know where i got the idea that was a dark heart.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:16 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:

As you can see, the claim of "agape love" is always inserted in it, which brings us back to the "professions of love with actions of hate".

Other routine UR comments:

- You worship a book

- Your god is a monster

- You are a biblean

- Jesus Christ is not your authority/lord

- Your bible was written by ignorant savages

- You are a hater and a bigot

etc, etc, etc......
Jesus called fundamentalists white washed tombs, children of hell and a brood of vipers. How unloving is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Let's see. Someone whose heart is NOT dark sees a world wherein:

1.1we are all wicked sinners who deserve Hell,
2. everything we do is filthy rags to God,
3. when we speak of love we are speaking hate because we do not believe the "right" things
4. if you do not believe the "right" things you must be a spawn of the devil,
5. even if you do the good and decent things God will not accept you because of #4 and all the above.

I don't know where i got the idea that was a dark heart.
They're speaking God's word so they are justified in speaking such insensitive things to folk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity