Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2016, 05:04 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
And believing that causes you to feel ... what?
Gnashing them teeth lol, weeping.

But then I am not a normal person to ask, there is too much self loathing, guilt and regret in me and self forgiveness is just a concept really, I don't think it exists for me lol.

I don't want to talk about that because they aint no use
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 05:20 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Gnashing them teeth lol, weeping.

But then I am not a normal person to ask, there is too much self loathing, guilt and regret in me and self forgiveness is just a concept really, I don't think it exists for me lol.

I don't want to talk about that because they aint no use

Something ain't right with anything that makes you feel like that. That's all I'll say.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Something ain't right with anything that makes you feel like that. That's all I'll say.
I am sure there are plenty of people like me, just is what it is. Like Denzel Washington in the man on fire singing blue bayou with a gun to his head asking his best friend,'' You think God will ever forgive us?''

Both of them say,'' naaaa.''

It's like something you want to believe just something that is impossible to believe, just happens to people. It is what it is, just who I am, and least it is a life with passion albeit destructive as hell.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am sure there are plenty of people like me, just is what it is. Like Denzel Washington in the man on fire singing blue bayou with a gun to his head asking his best friend,'' You think God will ever forgive us?''

Both of them say,'' naaaa.''

It's like something you want to believe just something that is impossible to believe, just happens to people. It is what it is, just who I am, and least it is a life with passion albeit destructive as hell.
Sounds like you have an addiction to being destroyed (no judgment, I understand), and bible code is a fix, like drugs for a junkie.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you have an addiction to being destroyed (no judgment, I understand), and bible code is a fix, like drugs for a junkie.
O.C.D. Been told I have Temporal lobe epilepsy and so yeah, it's much more than addicting, It is my Kung Fu.

Everyone got their own language when they first begin to learn a language but for two people to see eye to eye, they would both have to be in the same religion having the same views and most don't. I know two people who speak the same language I do and they aren't in this forum and one of them is dead.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:43 PM

I mean you get two people talking about the spiritual meaning of the word,'' Oil.''

Most everyone are going to read this word as Holy spirit when I would say it aint that simple at all..

So we go off in different ways.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:51 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
Quote:
That has been one of my main points all along: I have complete confidence in Her, the God who is love.

I really wish you had gotten more out of the post than just the last line. Peace

Old 08-14-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I really wish you had gotten more out of the post than just the last line. Peace
Rbbi, you want to be heard, and I can appreciate that desire. But you make it very difficult to hear you. Partly because I haven't gotten the sense that you want to listen without the intent of correcting or chastising. Listening is a two way street. Did you get anything out of my post that you responded to? Because it didn't seem like you did. If you want respect for your journey, how about showing respect for other people's?

And the other part of not hearing you IS THE CODE. Honey, I think you might have some worthwhile things to share, but you've got people telling you they just want plain speak from you and aren't interested in listening to bible code and you keep shoving it at us anyway.

Now, I don't know why I've gone and been all in your face about it, but there you have it.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:44 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
I appreciate that. And I'm really not trying to discount anything you are saying. Please, let me tell you a little of my background so you can know where I'm coming from:

When I first learned about Universal Reconciliation, before I believed it, I was reading Andrew Jukes', "The Restitution of All Things". That was a turning point for me. I read a lot of different writings, but as I recall, it was Jukes' who talked about busting down the gates of hell, and that the great privilege that Christians would have was rescuing those who were in hell. He said it much better, and I literally cried as I read it, because here was someone focused not on going to heaven and being rewarded after they died (which is what the Christianity I grew up in was really all about), but on growing in Christ so that you would be prepared to serve .

After I became a Christian Universalist (still a fundamentalist, for all intents and purposes), I read teachings from some URists who were fixated on the "Sons of God", and oh my gosh, I knew I could NEVER be one in this lifetime the way they described it. But, I look back at that now, and I really think that a lot of people got caught up in that "Sons of God" thing because it puffed them up to think that they would be the special snowflakes who would be "ruling". (I'm not saying that's how you are, but I did and do see it in a lot of the "Sons of God" enthusiasts.)

But, my heart always kept tugging me back to Jukes' and his idea of serving and helping others. That is what I want, Hannibal. And I believe the path towards that is in learning to love and serve in the here and now. That is my focus, and only that. "Bible code" was just a distraction for me. If the people who teach about the "Sons of God" are right then I'll never be a special snowflake. But I tend to think their focus is messed up, because it's all about them being rewarded.

I don't believe that God will say to me, "Sorry Pleroo, you're not special enough to serve because you didn't have the gift of tongues, or healing, or word of knowledge, or whatever, when you were on earth. Get lost." She might say, "Sorry Pleroo, there is MUCH more that Christ in you needs to overcome before you can truly be effective at loving and serving."* And then I will weep, but I will trust that the God who is love will lead me to be in whatever circumstance I need to be in to allow the process of overcoming to continue until it is completed.

*ETA... May I just say that I expect this, as much as you expect that you may not be one of the few "Sons of God".
Wonderful witness, Pleroo. This forum is blessed to hear your testimony.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:45 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
I don't worry about whether I'm "saved" or not. And I don't worry about where I'll be sent in any afterlife. I don't worry about what I can have, other than more of the ability to love. If God is love, then I assume that wherever I end up would be right where I needed to be to grow in love. I wouldn't be at all surprised to endure some weeping and gnashing. It's all part of the process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
WELL worth repeating!
Yes, indeed, as are so many of her posts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity