Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2016, 02:45 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
No it isn't. You are still playing make beleive.

If the Bible says something is a sin and i see a brother doing it, Not only do I have the right to tell him. I have an obligation to do so. I Cor 5:12
No you don't, you are playing an hypocrite if you do and you are not perfect yourself. You are trying to do something with a plank in your eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 02:52 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,977,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No you don't, you are playing an hypocrite if you do and you are not perfect yourself. You are trying to do something with a plank in your eye.
Your problem is that you don't understand what the Bible teaches.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:06 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
The problem is you cannot see beyond what your masters have taught you to see and understand what the scriptures actually teach.

Jesus taught get the plank out of your own eye before you take the speck of dust out of your brothers. Why is that difficult for youto understand ?
He also taught us to judge righteously, which means to judge something how it ought it to be, unrighteous judgement is nothing other than blind hypocrisy not realizing that what you are judging is really yourself .

Old 09-19-2016, 04:02 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,483,918 times
I would have to agree. literal people are over rated. I believe that if it wasn't for loud mouth fundymentals the christian religion would be just fine staying out of the way of other people.

hopefully they would join an atheist like me in keeping boys out of girls rooms and not forcing people to have to make cake for people they don't want to. Where we differ, of course, is that for me these rules have nothing to do with god or what people deserve. they deserve do work hard to make their "neighbor" livable.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:07 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Quote:
It is more important to understand what Christ teaches.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:41 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,622,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
amen. try to equate Christ's formula, which He states "fulfills the law," with salvation, and watch the contortions lol.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:33 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
For a CHRISTian, it is what CHRIST teaches that is important, NOT what the Bible teaches if it is inconsistent with or contradictory with what Christ revealed about the TRUE NATURE of God - agape love.
Quote:
Amen!!!

Old 09-20-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
That is important of course, but there is a lot more teachng in the Bible that did not come from Jesus.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well, where do you see I'm just a poor old sinner saved by grace in the verse I'm quoting ?. Within that statement Jesus is giving us the answer to being perfect. While you ok'd to the poor old sinner saved by grace to being the truth you will never see the answer or be open to it, the state you see yourself in is more real to you.
I may not, but if I do, it will not come from you.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
For a CHRISTian, it is what CHRIST teaches that is important, NOT what the Bible teaches if it is inconsistent with or contradictory with what Christ revealed about the TRUE NATURE of God - agape love.
Amen!!!
Since God inspired it all, even what Jesus taught, It is important to take all the teachings in the Bible seriously and to give it all the same authority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity