Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 06:30 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
i'd love to hear how to resolve

don't work for food

and

provide for your family.
Not only is that NOT what it teaches, it is just the opposite. It is teaching us to have faith in God. He will furnish what we need. It is teaching waht God will do for His children, not what we will do for ours.

Mt 6:30:30-32 explains the teaching so simply that even a cave man can understand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 06:49 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Especially fundamentalists
Right. If you consider the Bible inerrant, then there would be no need to edit it. It is common sense. People tend to toss words around without knowing what they are saying.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:13 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
As usual, you don't understand the Scriptures you post. Wolves is a metaphor for false prophets(teachers) who come in in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves---Mt 7:15)
Yes and they back then changed the message to what it is today and rampant throughout the apostate bible believing fundamentalist system. That is why those who know this have left it their droves.

Old 09-28-2016, 02:43 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes and they back then changed the message to what it is today
No they didn't. You got caught with your hand in the cookie jar and are now trying to blame others for you lack of understanding.

Quote:
and rampant throughout the apostate bible believing fundamentalist system. That is why those who know this have left it their droves.
Do yourself and us a favor and find out what fundamentalism really is. You just look foolish we you make such statements.

Old 09-28-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
No they didn't. You got caught with your hand in the cookie jar and are now trying to blame others for you lack of understanding.

Do yourself and us a favor and find out what fundamentalism really is. You just look foolish we you make such statements.
Yes they did and that is why throughout the history each denomination has given birth to another one. We all know what a fundamentalist in today's terms and you know too. Yes even you protestant evangelicals came out of Catholicism.

Old 09-28-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
So in the dark ages they were believing what you do today? You do know what they were doing to each back then and believing they were doing God a service. You have your head in the sand if you do not believe the message of peace on earth and good will of Jesus Christ got perverted. Fundamentalism as blighted christianity throughout its history.

Old 09-28-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
As usual, you don't understand the Scriptures you post. Wolves is a metaphor for false prophets(teachers) who come in in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves---Mt 7:15)
What do you think these false prophets were doing?

You foolish Galatians ...Who bewitched you?

So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They also added to the law, which is something Christians today would never do.
No they do something worse, they had the law to the gospel, mking it null and void.

Old 09-28-2016, 04:58 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
hmm, guess i gave you the wrong impression--and, i get no meaningful return for "acmez," sorry. i neither "do not care" nor do i blame anyone for anything, and i take full responsibility for my actions, if not the actions of family and friends. So maybe either pull back out your pidgeon~holer and try again, or just ignore this post, or whatever you got on your agenda next.
it wasn't about you.

I get food from supermarkets. I wish I could go run off and not need them is what I meant.

I didn't say you were a fundy. In fact, I don't think you are. I said, sometimes I wish I was a milli-mental or fundy-mental. They have it easier in many ways. The statement wasn't about you it was to you.

If you got pigeonholed, that's on you, not me. I was really just saying.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:48 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Right. If you consider the Bible inerrant, then there would be no need to edit it. It is common sense. People tend to toss words around without knowing what they are saying.
Except now that we have uncovered older documents of both New and Old Testaments we find they don't agree with what has been placed in our English Bibles.

Which one was inerrant? The newer textual version you read, or the older, versions which inevitably had less material in them? Did God bless the "original texts," or the ones that have added material by scribes in them which you currently read?

That alone makes "inerrancy" nothing but fallible. And it means that scholastic study is necessary to grasp what truly was written originally, what was added and why, and considerations for the myriad of conflicting Scripture. I think it is quite simple. God is a God of situational ethics and one time He spoke one thing to His people, and at another time He spoke something different.

You do it yourself in your own life. All of us have told a child they cannot go to a particular event (for their safety). But when they are older we tell them "go and have fun." Situational ethics based on where PEOPLE were at the time.

Also, it is quite easy to see where much of the Genesis material came from near eastern mythology (I use that term completely different than you do and I won't waste my time explaining it) and was brought into the Old Testament. Why? Because God spoke to people where they were, in the culture of that time.
Kind of like when God decided to send Jesus to speak to the people directly at that particular time.

Your problem is that you believe God spoke in the Bible and then shut up. Those with the eyes of faith see God continuing to work through people to bring us new visions as our culture changes and He speaks to a new generation.

You've been left in the dust. Either study Scripture scholastically with many different viewpoints or remain in the last century--the first half of the last century.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:07 AM

Quote:
He never answers any questions, which is ironic given the fact that he'll repeat 25 times that you have not answered his questions, even if you have done so multiple times.
Is this how you deflect from the fact that you never answer questions ?. I clearly proved to you and Omega that I had answered the same question 3 times but you continue to purposely ignore that. Then you claim you have answered questions that you haven't, which is glaringly obvious to all fair minded folk following these threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity