Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2016, 05:44 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
That is part of the good news. Our sins do not affect our salvation.

Start believing and you will not have to fret about being lost.
Then why all the repenting and asking for forgiveness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 05:45 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,977,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Lies and more lies. The scriptures are not foolosh, your beliefs, biases and prejudices which rule the way you think and see are.
They are foolish to non-believers. How do we know that? The same way little children know God loves them---Jesus loved me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. I Cor 2:14.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Good is good and bad is bad, UNLESS??? Truth is up for a vote????
They say God IS agape love and His Holy Spirit is described in detail. NONE of who God IS would ever make what is evil good or good evil. God's truth is absolute and does NOT vary. Anything that says it does is lying no matter where you find it.
He clearly does NOT know the Spirit because he had to ask what its characteristics were with scripture. He had to be told to use 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount. He is apparently unfamiliar with scripture because the Holy Spirit's characteristics are described in detail and Jesus made them unambiguous with His death.
Says the man who had to ask what the characteristics of the Holy Spirit ARE!!! How can you know what Spirit you are being guided by if you do NOT know its fruits???
Amen, pcamps. The Bible tells us of Jesus and Jesus tells us to believe Him and to use the "mind of Christ" to know the mind of God. That is why under the New Covenant Jesus abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts," NOT "written in ink" in the Bible.
God only writes on our hearts what He has written in ink in His inspired word.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Evidence? Evidence would make the statement mote convincing?
Then why don't uou present some for the things you say?

Old 08-22-2016, 06:03 AM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:

John 3 16....unfortunately even that sounds like foolishness to unbelievers.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:05 AM

[quote=zthatzmanz28;45214716][quote=omega2xx;45210976][quote=zthatzmanz28;45207771][quote=omega2xx;45207752]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So what you are saying is things that appear bad are not necessarily bad.

The source of "sin" is in your head..

HUH? Why can we not do what we choose?
I should have said you can't ALWAYS do what you choose. That is because of Adam, everyone now has a sin nature the draws them to sin. sometimes we sin when we really don't want to. Paul describes it perfectly in chapter 7 of Romans if you are really interested.

Let me get you started---For what I am doing I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but am doing the very thing I hate. Rom 7:15

Old 08-22-2016, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Then why all the repenting and asking for forgiveness?
That is God's requirement for forgiving our sins(I Jn 1:9).

Old 08-22-2016, 09:11 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times
Quote:

Start believing and you will not have to fret about being lost.
I ain't fretting over such nonsense.

I leave that to fundies.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:21 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Wrong. Agree with the Holy Spirit of agape or you are following a false spirit. Since you did not even know what the characteristics of the Holy Spirit were until we had to cite the scriptures, how on earth could you ever know what spirit you are following?? You can only identify the Spirit by its fruits - agape love.The truth God has promised that He has "written in our hearts" in agape love under the New Covenant instituted by Christ. That is what the Comforter sent in Christ's name is to guide us to, NOT the words "written in ink" in the Bible.There is no magic about it. We KNOW what is from the Holy Spirit of agape because it is compatible with and consistent with agape love, period. That is God's standard of truth and it does NOT change.
Quote:
God only writes on our hearts what He has written in ink in His inspired word.
Nonsense. Jesus clearly said there is more He has to tell us than is written. God did not make a book written by men His Word. Jesus is the Living Word of God and He abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love. The letter kills bu the Spirit gives life.

Old 08-22-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I ain't fretting over such nonsense.

I leave that to fundies.
Fundies who know the Bible don't fret.

Seculr fundies start to fret a littel more as they grow older and death is knocking at their door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity