Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2016, 09:04 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I would also like to know what spiritual teachings they have heard directly from God which should be added to the Bible.
Which you would treat just exactly as Omega does and as you have in the past when cornered: bluster about how it IS shown in the Bible and try to make it appear so, but have to concede that it is not specifically covered, but claim that it IS covered by the principle of the Golden rule, which is what we have been saying all along.

Finn, you have been SO busted in the past, but you keep making the same claims because you don't WANT to change as you would have to in order to REALLY follow Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 09:06 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Which you would treat just exactly as Omega does and as you have in the past when cornered.
So, how did you learn about the death of Christ? You have been dodging this question by claiming His death was not an important event.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
So, how did you learn about the death of Christ? You have been dodging this question by claiming His death was not an important event.
No, Finn, I have been telling you that the Atonement applies whether you know the specifics or not. What Jesus did is not limited to the people who hear about it, it is MUCH more important than you can know.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:17 AM

And, Finn, I should point out that I edited that post, apparently after you responded:
Quote:
Which you would treat just exactly as Omega does and as you have in the past when cornered: bluster about how it IS shown in the Bible and try to make it appear so, but have to concede that it is not specifically covered, but claim that it IS covered by the principle of the Golden rule, which is what we have been saying all along.

Finn, you have been SO busted in the past, but you keep making the same claims because you don't WANT to change as you would have to in order to REALLY follow Christ.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
No, Finn, I have been telling you that the Atonement applies whether you know the specifics or not. What Jesus did is not limited to the people who hear about it, it is MUCH more important than you can know.
Earlier you clearly implied it was not an important event.

Was His death an important event? Yes, or no?

Old 09-04-2016, 09:48 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
I would also like to know what spiritual teachings they have heard directly from God which should be added to the Bible.
God told me to reprove and correct Christian fundies.

But he said not to add it to the bible because there's already been more than enough garbage added/deleted/re-written.

Old 09-04-2016, 10:56 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
So, how did you learn about the death of Christ?
He came to me when I was sleeping and in prison.

Old 09-04-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He came to me when I was sleeping, and in prison.
So, the story about His crucifixion just popped into your head while you were in prison.

Old 09-04-2016, 01:04 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,994,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Loving God and loving others is opposite sides of the love token. Flip it once and "love God" will come up; flip it again and love your neighbor will come up.

Lk 10:27 - You shall love the Lord your God with all you heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength and with all your mind AND your neighbor as yourself.
Both sides of the coin have the same verse that you just quoted. Now matter which side comes up we are to love God first and man next.

A day or 2 ago i posted the first question in the Presbyterian catechism and ask for comments. I forgot where I posted it, so I am gong to give he answer now.

What is the chief end of man?

The chief end of man is to glorify God and fully enjoy Him forever.

Old 09-04-2016, 01:07 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,994,816 times
Quote:
The Spirit Jesus promised as our Guide as recorded in your Bible, but not credited by you.
OK. Now is all of the Bible true?

I credit the Holy Spirit for teaching me everything I know about the Bible. i don't know where you got the idea I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity