Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2016, 10:12 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Sorry, no it's not. You have to walk out the feasts spiritually, which should be obvious if you've ever had your own spiritual Passover experience. And you are short of a pay grade of telling me what to post. Peace
Did you not notice the "please"? There is a difference between telling and asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 10:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That pain and suffering appeases a wrathful God.
Because he demands a penalty for your sin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Where does the Bible says that?
It's within the Penal Substitution theory created by men.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
There is no doubt that he was slain from the foundation of humanity, as most are in opposition. And their only desire is to use him as a scapegoat without taking any responsibility for their own thoughts and actions. Now, let me see if you can bruise yourself with a little humility without the foolishness. Nowhere does he say that "he paid your debt as a substitute," except within the minds of those who would crucify him as their ultimate sacrifice.

Beware of the fig-tree that has an abundance of leaves, but no fruit.

Quote:
The exact words may not be in the Bible, but the "substitutionary atonement" is taught throughout the Bible. It is clearly seen in the Levitical sacrificial system. The sinner laid his hands on the head of the sacrifice, symbolically transferring his sin to the animal. This teaches us that man does not have to die for his sins, a substitute will be provide. Jesus was our substitute.

I think it is also taught in the NT.

Heb 10:10 - By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all.
You can think all you want, but it doesn't make it truth.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
The Second Death is the process of burying the Old Man for those who have not overcome in this life, saving the Man himself.
Quote:
I believe that is the first death. When we were baptized, we were baptized into His death(Rom 6:3)
and we were crucified with Him(Rom 6:6), and we have been resurrected with Him(Rom Rom 6:5)

The second death if the final death of unbelievers.
Quote:
You are in error, read what was said a few times; until, you comprehend it.

Quote:
I don't go by what was said, I go by what the Bible says.

The second death refers to the evil ones who did not accept Jesus as their Savior---Rev 21:8
Revelation 21:5
And he who was seated on the throne said, Behold, I AM making all things new.
He also said, Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.

Physically, you will die, Spiritually, you will die to self. Either in this life or the next.
Remember, some will not be harmed by the second because they had overcame in this life.

He is the refining fire that will purge your sin! And Death will have already been destroyed.

Destroying the wickedness or combination of parts under which a thing exists will require
that of a consuming fire to remove the dross.

"If any man's work is burned up he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved;
yet so as through fire.
" (1 Corinthians 3:15)

Last edited by Jerwade; 09-08-2016 at 11:20 PM..

Old 09-08-2016, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
His standards of holiness anger you, so you rave against Him, and replace Him by some other 'god' who approves, condones and even encourages all sin. You promote this new 'god' as something you think everyone should like, and many pat you on the back saying "nice god you created". The problem is that this "god" is still your own creation, a false god.

The God you reject says: "Thou shalt have no other gods"

The one that inspires you says: You will not certainly die"
Quote:
In a nutshell Peace
1 Timothy 2:4
... who desires all people to be saved and come to full knowledge of [the] truth.

It's an active, ongoing result of a previous action.

And in the ongoing result of that action; desires (wants, wills) all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth. The action is indicative. Nowhere is it subjunctive, or that of being contingent or probable, nor imperative on the subjects response. Neither is it Optative, as in being unlikely or wishful thinking that mankind might come to this salvation and knowledge.

In a nutshell: You should investigate that which will be destroyed; it's not the man himself.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:07 AM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Revelation 21:5
And he who was seated on the throne said, Behold, I AM making all things new.
He also said, Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.
Physically, you will die, Spiritually, you will die to self. Either in this life or the next.
Remember, some will not be harmed by the second because they had overcame in this life.
He is the refining fire that will purge your sin! And Death will have already been destroyed.
Destroying the wickedness or combination of parts under which a thing exists will require that of a consuming fire to remove the dross.
"If any man's work is burned up he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved;
yet so as through fire.
" (1 Corinthians 3:15)
Well said, Jer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's always been a day of at one ment with God, carnal minded religion hoodwinked us into believing otherwise. Please stop saying peace to me, it is not the peace of God you are speaking but peace on your terms.
Quote:
Sorry, no it's not. You have to walk out the feasts spiritually, which should be obvious if you've ever had your own spiritual Passover experience. And you are short of a pay grade of telling me what to post. Peace
Spiritual bafflegab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Did you not notice the "please"? There is a difference between telling and asking.
Not to Rbbi, she is under an obedience meme so everything looks like a command.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Search the core of your heart, it's called the Spirit within you.
Quote:
That does not answer the question when we both have the Spirit of God within, but disagree on something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If you both have searched your hearts and tried to understand each other but still disagree, then one of you does not have that Spirit and it will show in the fruit.
Love is the greatest virtue; it's free from bias or any injustice.

It’s the only aspect of life to which we can participate.
Everything else consists of pride and arrogance.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:45 AM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Love is the greatest virtue; it's free from bias or any injustice.
It’s the only aspect of life to which we can participate.
Everything else consists of pride and arrogance.

Amen!

Old 09-09-2016, 02:52 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
And you are far short of the kingdom while wallowing in the religious dung of bible fundamentalism .

Old 09-09-2016, 02:57 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't care about the god you created, so I don't have any views about it. I only care about the God who Jesus called father, who is the same God described in 2 Peter 2, which I quoted.
You may "care" about that god, but your understanding this god as VENGEFUL, OPPRESSIVE and wanting you to hate others and separate from society are misguided. As are the writings of mere mortal MEN some 100-200 years after the fact...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity