Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2016, 01:59 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Nothing magic about it. That is what the Bible says and it does not say or even imply the truth is not from God's inspired word. Your way, you get to make up any thing YOU want to. If you can't reinforce it from the Bible, you have n way of knowing for sure it is from the Holy Spirit. Remember Satan disguises himself as an angel of light
Show me where i am not supporting what i am saying with the bible verses that a fundy demands to see. What you do not realize is you have bought into a belief system that was sold to you as being scriptural, but the truth is, it was packaged together by your lying evangelical Father's who corrupted the scriptures with salvation from hell by blood sacrifice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 08:34 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Omega please take the time to read this.

atonement.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
very interesting link
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes it is but it is sure to be ignored by omega2!!!

ya it is to bad most of AP Adams works are lost, I might not agree with everything he says but for the most part he is spot on.

Give him a chance mystic, sometimes there are so many voices talking at once that people cannot get time to actually reflect on the issue. They become is intent on defending their view that they do not actually look at the other persons view. And I think we have all been there and done that.

Hopefully the link will give omega a chance to quietly contemplate the issue before God.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:35 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I prefer what i dream up about the bible than what bible fundamentalists serve up,
Fundamentalist do not serve-up what is in the Bible, we study it and usually provide Scripture to support what we say. That is certainly preferable to you making up your own theology. You are still a sinner and an errant one at that.

Quote:
just like your post that only in the bible can be found true spiritual knowledge. I had to prove by what i dream up about the bible,
My statementg is true; you can't prove what you dream up is from God.

Quote:
i mean by what your bible says, that Solomon found it somewhere other than the bible.
Where do you think Solomon got what he wrote in the Bible? He certainly did not make it up. If you can't reinforce what you say about theology, you are adding to or taking from God's inspired word.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Fundamentalist do not serve-up what is in the Bible, we study it and usually provide Scripture to support what we say. That is certainly preferable to you making up your own theology. You are still a sinner and an errant one at that.

My statementg is true; you can't prove what you dream up is from God.

Where do you think Solomon got what he wrote in the Bible? He certainly did not make it up. If you can't reinforce what you say about theology, you are adding to or taking from God's inspired word.
Are you saying Solomon found his spiritual wisdom and knowledge in the bible ? Yes or No. Remember YOU said there is no spiritual knowledge to be found outside of the bible, you know this is not true by what i am asking about Solomon, yet you will stick to your handed down beliefs.

In regards to what i said i would rather believe what i dream up, i was meaning , even if i could not prove it by the scripture i would definitely prefer it over your hand down traditions passed of as being scriptural.

Ask me something that you know that i believe/dreamed up that i cannot prove by the scriptures, if Pastor Viz is there he can ask me anything too.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I am using your bible to prove to you that you do not believe your bible and how wrong you are. Where did Solomon get his wisdom from?, you said only in the bible can true spiritual knowledge be found.
To know something is from God, we must have Scripture to back it up. Since you do not have any for much of what you dream-up, there is no way to know that it came from God.If you can't supporet what you dreamup you are adding to or taking away from God's inspired word.

What do i think is innermost being ?

Quote:
The life of God ........ which flows when our biases, prejudices and mis conceptions about God have been dealt a death blow.

The next verse tell us what flows out of us---the Holy Spirit. The living water is God's word. Water is a symbol of God's word(Eph 5:26 & Jn 15:3).

Old 09-10-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Bovine excrement.

Where else can it be found? Can we rely on wha we dream up like camps does?

Old 09-10-2016, 10:52 AM

Are you even aware omega that your bible points you to how we grow spiritually?........ Here are a few examples...... Express your faith in love, be rooted and established in the love of God, grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Now, those of us who know that Christ is in us, having read these kind of things in the scriptures go to the place where we learn and grow by those things.................. That's right...... by abiding in his love, those like yourself that cannot comprehend Christ in you never mind being near, need the bible to keep you in order until the veil over your mind is lifted. This is why i always refer to the bible when speaking to fundamentalists as "your bible". You need it, i only need to turn to the one it testifies of in quietness and confidence.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
To know something is from God, we must have Scripture to back it up. Since you do not have any for much of what you dream-up, there is no way to know that it came from God.If you can't supporet what you dreamup you are adding to or taking away from God's inspired word.

What do i think is innermost being ?

The next verse tell us what flows out of us---the Holy Spirit. The living water is God's word. Water is a symbol of God's word(Eph 5:26 & Jn 15:3).
And his word(not the bible) IS Spirit.. You could say we are what we speak. This is why i maintain christians are the biggest sinners on the face of the earth, because their confession is you are a sinner and i'm a sinner forgiven.. Confess you are healed of sin lije "your bible" says and i will think differently.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Where else can it be found? Can we rely on wha we dream up like camps does?
If you want to make stupid comments like this, please state what i have dreamed up. No i wasn't admitting anything, i was playing along with your stupid game of misrepresentation.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:00 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hopefully the link will give omega a chance to quietly contemplate the issue before God.
We can always hope, even if it seems impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity