Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2016, 04:52 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
STOP LYING, Finn. We do NOT loathe the Bible. Your constant lying about it is NOT Christian and, frankly, disgusting.
It's his nature.

At least he doesn't hide his hatefulness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 05:41 PM

76,964 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I would also like to know how they describe it without quoting the book they loath.
As expected no one could do it, and instead we received the usual anger and personal attacks from the usual universalist suspects.

Nothing new under the sun.

I said 'loath', because anyone who says the Bible was written by ignorant, savage, barbaric, superstitious people and the God in the Bible is a monster, schizophrenic maniac clearly has an extremely low opinion of it, and even loathes it. No one who has even a hint of respect for it would use such language to describe it.

As for the personal attacks, they are a classic deflection. People resort to such tactics when they fail to defend their positions.

So, will someone describe the characteristics of the Spirit without using Biblical descriptions? We have seen plenty of Christians describe it using their own words and Biblical descriptions, but we have not seen anything else.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-12-2016 at 06:14 PM..

Old 09-12-2016, 05:52 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
I would also like to know how they describe it without quoting the book they loath.
This kind of comment proves to me that you don't know the characteristics of the spirit and never experienced them. You continue to lie about those who disagree with you that they hate loathe and hate the bible, even after you are corrected by it, when no one on here as come close to saying such a thing. It's shameful that you continue to do this. Why do you telling this lie ?.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:17 PM

9,588 posts, read 4,993,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This kind of comment proves to me that you don't know the characteristics of the spirit and never experienced them. You continue to lie about those who disagree with you that they hate loathe and hate the bible, even after you are corrected by it, when no one on here as come close to saying such a thing. It's shameful that you continue to do this. Why do you telling this lie ?.

Probably because it's not a lie. Peace

Old 09-12-2016, 06:26 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,267,885 times
Quote:
As expected no one could do it, and instead we received the usual anger and personal attacks from the usual universalist suspects.

Nothing new under the sun.

I said 'loath', because anyone who says the Bible was written by ignorant, savage, barbaric, superstitious people and the God in the Bible is a monster, schizophrenic maniac clearly has an extremely low opinion of it, and even loathes it. No one who has even a hint of respect for it would use such language to describe it.

As for the personal attacks, they are a classic deflection. People resort to such tactics when they fail to defend their positions.

So, will someone describe the characteristics of the Spirit without using Biblical descriptions? We have seen plenty of Christians describe it using their own words and Biblical descriptions, but we have not seen anything else.
You are soooo right and all it takes is looking back over a few posts before the post I am replying to and the usual hate filled (NO agape love there) people are easily identified.

I really do not believe they have any real belief, there purpose is to disrupt and stop any intelligent discussions.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:27 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,267,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Right, because you cannot claim the spirit the Bible speaks of and at the same time denigrate the Bible that ... speaks of the spirit. They obviously do not have the spirit the Bible encourages all to receive.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:33 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Well if it's been said by anyone then the right thing to do would to be quote the person who said it. What is actually loathed on here, is the beliefs of fundamentalists passed off as being scriptural. There are a number of us on here who were staunch bible fundamentalists, that no longer are, yet still read the scriptures and seek the Lord daily.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:39 PM

9,588 posts, read 4,993,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Right, because you cannot claim the spirit the Bible speaks of and at the same time denigrate the Bible that ... speaks of the spirit. They obviously do not have the spirit the Bible encourages all to receive.

Exactly. I received His Spirit alone not knowing the bible, but the FIRST thing the Spirit did after taking up residence was put me in the NT bible so I'd learn, first of all, what had happened to me when I prayed, and second, have the faith to believe if ONE scripture was right, then maybe I could have faith in the rest. And read it I did, for every waking hour for two years after that. Peace

Old 09-12-2016, 06:42 PM

76,964 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You are soooo right and all it takes is looking back over a few posts before the post I am replying to and the usual hate filled (NO agape love there) people are easily identified.

I really do not believe they have any real belief, there purpose is to disrupt and stop any intelligent discussions.
The disrespect they show against the Bible and anyone who reads it is all over this forum, so they waste their time trying to deny it. I was merely pointing out the obvious.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:43 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times
Quote:
That's a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity