Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2016, 10:59 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Just don't start sucking salt water and think that is life.
There is this one lesson I learned a long time passed with a valuable solution.
Our Lord commands and speaks with a voice of many waters.
As one with a thought and voice the waters are seperated..

Yet your life is a vapor in the breath of a day and hour that has no rest .
Withhold all you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 12:46 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Too long, more bluster without spiritual content, I'm not a cultural Christian runaway nor a Christian philosopher, nor a worshipper of same. You would do well to throw away all your books and focus on the one and the One who wrote it, instead of searching endlessly among the owls and ravens for food. Peace
I KNEW that would be your reply! Thank you!

Now I can point out to folks that Rbb1 is like that political candidate, Trump. Not given to study. Preferring one-liners to reasoning. Dismissing other views as secondary at best and as outright hostile at worst. Yes, Rbb1, your failure to comprehend or even try to comprehend is illustrative of the vainglory that pervades your very existence. But the perfect book you keep holding up says this:

"Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before stumbling." (Prov 16:18)

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." ( Prov 11:2)

"Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take advice. " (Prov 13:10)
And the prophet warned his people about your same hubris:
"The LORD Almighty has a day in store for all the proud and lofty, for all that is exalted (and they will be humbled)." (Isaiah 2:12)

And it is also why you have no love for others whom you denigrate with your boasting of "revealed Scripture" just to you--and revealed Scripture that looks nothing like the best thing Paul ever wrote:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud." (1 Cor. 13:4)

you are a cult unto yourself.

Selah!

Old 09-12-2016, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
So now we are to put the psychology of men above the word of G-d. Is there ANYTHING you don't prefer to the Truth? Peace
Well, your god said rabbits chew cuds. You agree with that, I suppose. You are one of the reasons young people are giving for staying away from church---at least your kind.

God has always used men to provide glimpses of Him. Or did you forget that the ultimate revelation was a man, too?

Try that defense in court the next time you beat your grandchild. There is not much difference between your religion and that of ISIS. They believe in beating children and using them as literal bombs as well. You just try to instill spiritual bombs in them so they will grow up to be wife-beaters and such. That is a characteristic of your god.

I would suggest you read the statistics, but naw, that's man's work and should be ignored, right?

Casual reader look how you have to chain your heart to the Hebrew culture of 2500 years ago. BUT, you can be selective---beat your children, but still eat shrimp. And, of course, we know all fundamentalist women wear hats in church as Paul demanded!

You can reason for yourself the astonishing hypocrisy that Rbb1 is able to retain in that heart. And ask yourself if that is from a god you wish to worship.

Old 09-12-2016, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I guess you and I would know something about that.

One biblical passage that rings true to me, because I have experienced it, is that ALL people who "walk in the spirit" of the God who is love, are LIVING epistles/books written by God. I read the words written by those Living Epistles in the bible and other ancient literature, as well as literature throughout the ages. But what I find most compelling are the LIVING EPISTLES who are in the here and now, and that includes those of you on this forum.
Too soon, etc. but

Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear, and the blind can read!
attributed to Mark Twain, an atheist who apparently knew much more about God than Rbb1 can hope for without some serious repentance---and the guts to study Scripture in the appropriate manner.

Right now she is using it as a sword alright and proudly lighting into anyone and everyone believing Jesus, who rebuked Peter for even brandishing one (then having to heal the wounds Peter caused), is blessing her for using it as a weapon.

Old 09-12-2016, 03:19 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
It's lyrics to a song -- by Bananarama (had to look it up). I don't know what the lyrics mean either, but the video is very ... 80s. And has noting to do with my post, so I'm guessing Hannibal is just messing with me.
Shocking blue did the original, bananabloodyrama butchered lt like the fundies butchered christiannity

Old 09-12-2016, 06:39 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
She most certainly has a fire of love burning in her heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4cyOidePGQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Shocking blue did the original, bananabloodyrama butchered lt like the fundies butchered christiannity
Thanks Jer. And, whew, happy to see the earlier version of that song. Bananarama's version was disturbing.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:25 AM

Default King David's Court

Just want to provide a link to show the hypocrisy that Rbb1 is so seeped in. Numerous times she has stated toward several of us that "you are listening to men with your carnal minds" rather than to God--meaning the Bible as she has grasped it from---a man.

Here is where she and Hannibal get that inner and outer court stuff from--not God--a MAN. The link is provided by I don't know who (initials DW), but he/she has summarized an article by Chip Brogden, a quote from which I leave you here:
Quote:
Beloved, there is a call going forth to the body of Christ in this day; a trumpet is surely being sounded for a people to prepare for a ministry, the likes of which the world and even the church have never seen or experienced before. Even though a large portion of the body has had an opportunity to hear this call, there seems to be only a handful of people who are actually being stirred by it, and then responding to it.

Dear ones, God is calling forth a remnant from the “church” (a wheel within a wheel, a remnant from within a remnant) to come into the inner sanctuary for the purpose of ministering to Him. Please understand that I am not suggesting that the Lord is calling forth people who are more spiritual than the rest. No, I am simply acknowledging the fact that although many are called by God, few respond, and thus few are chosen.

The above verses quoted from the book of Ezekiel clearly reveal that there is coming a very distinct separation in calling and purpose for God’s people during the age that we are now entering into… the Age of Tabernacles, or the Kingdom Age. Ezekiel reveals that the majority of God’s ministers (the Levites) shall be relegated to an outer court ministry where they will be allowed to minister to the people, but they will not be allowed to come into the inner sanctuary to minister to God Himself.
Outer Court and Inner Sanctuary - King David's Table
There is at the site, a tab so that one can provide their donations over the internet!

The author points out that he is not suggesting some people are more spiritual than the rest, but that is exactly how Rbb1 presents that "special snowflake" knowledge---which she derived from a man who could do well to read some Kierkegaard!

Quote:
The Bible is very easy to understand. But we Christians are a bunch of scheming swindlers. We pretend to be unable to understand it because we know very well that the minute we understand, we are obliged to act accordingly.
Provocations: Spiritual Writings of Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard points out with this quote how very easy it is for do-nothing christians who pretend they are special snowflakes in order to avoid the characteristic of God that He most desires in us---LOVE!

Quote:
It is really remarkable that while all the other attributes ascribed to God are adjectives, “Love” alone is a substantive, and it would scarcely occur to one to make the mistake of saying: “God is lovely.” Thus, language itself has given expression to the substantial element that is found in this attribute.
― The Journals of Kierkegaard
Read more at http://www.relevantmagazine.com/god/...J1BaAZ8ELwu.99

Last edited by Wardendresden; 09-12-2016 at 11:37 AM..

Old 09-12-2016, 02:58 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Just want to provide a link to show the hypocrisy that Rbb1 is so seeped in. Numerous times she has stated toward several of us that "you are listening to men with your carnal minds" rather than to God--meaning the Bible as she has grasped it from---a man.

Here is where she and Hannibal get that inner and outer court stuff from--not God--a MAN. The link is provided by I don't know who (initials DW), but he/she has summarized an article by Chip Brogden, a quote from which I leave you here:
There is at the site, a tab so that one can provide their donations over the internet!

The author points out that he is not suggesting some people are more spiritual than the rest, but that is exactly how Rbb1 presents that "special snowflake" knowledge---which she derived from a man who could do well to read some Kierkegaard!

Kierkegaard points out with this quote how very easy it is for do-nothing christians who pretend they are special snowflakes in order to avoid the characteristic of God that He most desires in us---LOVE!

Read more at 15 of Soren Kierkegaard?s Most Challenging Quotes | RELEVANT Magazine
All I can say is that I understand the draw to "bible code". I think that it probably appeals most to certain personality types. I took an online test and, whether accurate or not, it rated me fairly high on the autism spectrum. Whether it's some form of that, or some other quirk in my personality, things like bible code are really seductive to me. There is something magically intoxicating about finding hidden symbolism and meanings in the bible. Is any of it real? I don't know, but I came to realize that it was not helping me to grow in love and was, in fact, unhealthy for me. It became this compulsive thing, like a drug almost -- poring over the bible, waiting for the rush of an epiphany. But unlike other addictions, you can justify it in your own mind because it's all about connecting with God, after all, and yes, it does make one feel special. I suppose that's something that a lot of us crave, yeah?

As I've told Hannibal, I wouldn't touch it anymore with a 10 foot pole. I don't trust myself not to get sucked back in.

Old 09-12-2016, 03:07 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

Read more at 15 of Soren Kierkegaard

DUDE, I have never heard of that Kierkegaard, and I don't even know why you are including me in this conversation at all. The temple is built in 3 sections to shadow the 3 sections of heaven and I get this from Hebrews.

I don't really keep up on what you and Rbb1 are talking about but we don't even see eye to eye on everything but that the sections do represent what we are and we are a temple.

I am not in the same religion Rbb1 is in, I am not a Pentecostal, I don't have the Holy spirit and everyone has different understandings of things, but don't come on here saying that I took my opinion from somebody I have never heard of.

Old 09-12-2016, 03:14 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
All I can say is that I understand the draw to "bible code". I think that it probably appeals most to certain personality types. I took an online test and, whether accurate or not, it rated me fairly high on the autism spectrum. Whether it's some form of that, or some other quirk in my personality, things like bible code are really seductive to me. There is something magically intoxicating about finding hidden symbolism and meanings in the bible. Is any of it real? I don't know, but I came to realize that it was not helping me to grow in love and was, in fact, unhealthy for me. It became this compulsive thing, like a drug almost -- poring over the bible, waiting for the rush of an epiphany. But unlike other addictions, you can justify it in your own mind because it's all about connecting with God, after all, and yes, it does make one feel special. I suppose that's something that a lot of us crave, yeah?
As I've told Hannibal, I wouldn't touch it anymore with a 10 foot pole. I don't trust myself not to get sucked back in.
There is symbolism and meaning but it is not hidden. It is the false CONTEXT of a wrathful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices that requires the discovery of hidden meanings to confirm it. When using the proper context of a God who IS agape love, the symbolic meanings in the recordings of our spiritual evolution are obvious. (The autism spectrum is highly correlated with high intelligence, Pleroo, so I am not at all surprised.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity