Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2016, 11:17 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
People like you cause me to seriously consider religious dogmatism as a mental illness.
It is with me, so says the doctors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 11:27 PM

I don't know exactly what causes God to give his two witnesses power but I do know that there is a growing multitude that it is happening with.

People aren't imagining things, I didn't imagine what I heard and what I saw as if my eyes were suddenly opened. The problem was that when it had happened to me, I didn't know that I was the two witnesses, that within all people, there is the water that testifies and the blood testifies as witnesses. I didn't know what was happening.

If God gives you power in the water and in the blood then you have received power in flesh and in spirit but it is the flesh that sees and speaks and the flesh glorifies the body and a person becomes Elijah but what he must really do as Elijah is to die.

To realize by which spirit a person is glorifying when he is acting as Elijah acted when God said that he wasn't in Elijah's fire, not in his wind, not in his earthquake and Elijah says,'' If I be a man of God, let fire come down to consume these 50.''

Who in the world would even consider dying to the spirit of Elijah when it is so glorifying?

And yet Elijah must die.

Before he can die, he must first understand that he must die and why.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:09 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Sure did. And 30 years later, I'd do the same thing for the same reason. Peace
Why would you burn books? What was in those books that offended you or your God?

Do you read books other than your version of the bible? Was your mother an avid reader?

Old 08-26-2016, 06:16 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You really burned books? Books? Knowledge, music, art, poetry, Shakespeare, Harry Potter, Stephen King?
Quote:
Sure did. And 30 years later, I'd do the same thing for the same reason. Peace
Do you think that made jesus smile?

Old 08-26-2016, 07:27 AM

1,248 posts, read 823,397 times
Quote:
I bet it would just shock the socks off you two if you knew G-d's people are as an army, wouldn't it? And ya know how troops just fail to follow orders, all the day long... well, apparently in your army at least. Peace
Living one's entire life as if you were in a war or in some kind of spiritual boot camp preparing for a war, with constant self-denial is a pretty miserable existence. Been there, done that.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:35 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
So ... yes? You don't believe that you can recognize the truth about yourself without knowing the feasts, types and shadows?

Because, to me, that focus is going to lead to a skewed view. The important thing is to be focused on what God IS, imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yes, but that doesn't mean a person isn't saved, what God has reserved for the saved is just wonderful but it is not like a person fulfills the demands of the feasts by accident, by accident he might just be humble enough and loving enough to accidently fulfill Passover in living a servitude life but he wont ever finish his 7 year covenant if he can never come to the end of the days of his prophecy in those 42 months.

It is extremely important to know how to keep Passover in truth and in spirit of looking for ones sins and sweeping out his house but it is also important to know that after a person sweeps those spirits out, they go back and crucify Christ again, and they return to Egypt as the first spirit was strong but now he brings 7 more.

LOL.

How does one walk in all feast days?

Passover is just one appointed day of 8 appointed visitation days, and billions can walk in Passover in truth and in spirit of what is being taught, but what then is Sukkot teaching?

Unless a person comes up to Jerusalem to keep the feast of Tabernacles, he shall have no rain and if he fights against Jerusalem, it maybe that his eyes will melt in his head before he ever hits the ground.

All Nations will Worship the King
16And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. 18And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 19This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Now we can easily say that God does not expect every person in the world to fly to Jerusalem to keep the feast of Tabernacles, it isn't even possible but what does it mean to actually keep the feast of Tabernacles in truth and in spirit because this no rain thing is a terrifying outcome.

My point is this.

How many people can tell you what it is to keep the feast of Tabernacles in truth and in spirit?

Whatever it means, it means something more important than anything else, so how does one do it?

It is so important that any Christian should really dig into it's meaning to see if they are actually doing what is demanded. Just as Passover teaches one to die to his anger and his vanity so that he dies right there on the cross with Jesus because Jesus sacrifice doesn't mean much to a person who is not willing to also die, so just as Passover teaches something so important, what Sukkot teaches is a thousand times more important but who will teach it? Everyone has to learn themselves.

It is about everyone in a very personal way because the Passover teaches the burnt offering in the court and this is the body. Pentecost teaches the light of God inside the temple and this is the soul, and Sukkot teaches what is in the spirit behind that veil, and behold, it is behind a veil lol.
Quote:
I don't know exactly what causes God to give his two witnesses power but I do know that there is a growing multitude that it is happening with.

People aren't imagining things, I didn't imagine what I heard and what I saw as if my eyes were suddenly opened. The problem was that when it had happened to me, I didn't know that I was the two witnesses, that within all people, there is the water that testifies and the blood testifies as witnesses. I didn't know what was happening.

If God gives you power in the water and in the blood then you have received power in flesh and in spirit but it is the flesh that sees and speaks and the flesh glorifies the body and a person becomes Elijah but what he must really do as Elijah is to die.

To realize by which spirit a person is glorifying when he is acting as Elijah acted when God said that he wasn't in Elijah's fire, not in his wind, not in his earthquake and Elijah says,'' If I be a man of God, let fire come down to consume these 50.''

Who in the world would even consider dying to the spirit of Elijah when it is so glorifying?

And yet Elijah must die.

Before he can die, he must first understand that he must die and why.
Thanks for explaining a bit more where you're coming from. I respect that you have your own journey and I don't want to degrade it in any way, but I'm sure you know by now that I have concerns about bible code-ing.

I came out the other side of the part of my journey where I was being enticed and seduced by bible code, with the firm belief that, for me, it is a distraction from the one thing that is truly needful. You believe God demands something, but I believe that God/love, living in us, fulfills everything.

You think love "saves" (whatever that means to you), and I'm saying that God/love will accomplish everything that needs to be accomplished. I believe that if one is seeking to know the God which is LOVE within themselves, that person will be taught whatever they need to know; whatever needs to be swept clean, will be swept clean; whatever that person needs to die to, they will die to. To me, bible code keeps one focused on self, self, self and what one has to do to please or satisfy God. I think that focus is crazy-making, and it keeps one from focusing on the love of God, working in and through us*, which has the power to renew and transform us.

As I see it, bible code really is just a shadow of the reality of love within, and I have no desire to dwell in the shadow rather than in the light, itself.

*In other words, as we experience receiving love, being loved, loving self and loving others in how we think, speak and act

Old 08-26-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Thanks for explaining a bit more where you're coming from. I respect that you have your own journey and I don't want to degrade it in any way, but I'm sure you know by now that I have concerns about bible code-ing.

I came out the other side of the part of my journey where I was being enticed and seduced by bible code, with the firm belief that, for me, it is a distraction from the one thing that is truly needful. You believe God demands something, but I believe that God/love, living in us, fulfills everything.

You think love "saves" (whatever that means to you), and I'm saying that God/love will accomplish everything that needs to be accomplished. I believe that if one is seeking to know the God which is LOVE within themselves, that person will be taught whatever they need to know; whatever needs to be swept clean, will be swept clean; whatever that person needs to die to, they will die to. To me, bible code keeps one focused on self, self, self and what one has to do to please or satisfy God. I think that focus is crazy-making, and it keeps one from focusing on the love of God, working in and through us*, which has the power to renew and transform us.

As I see it, bible code really is just a shadow of the reality of love within, and I have no desire to dwell in the shadow rather than in the light, itself.

*In other words, as we experience receiving love, being loved, loving self and loving others in how we think, speak and act

Love conquers all, no doubt, as I said, Salvation is very broad and I figure it includes most people on this Earth, but that has nothing to do with the higher Zoe Kingdom.

All it means is that heaven is not a box where everyone is the same and why on earth should everyone be the same when they are in fact, not the same?

You take somebody like one of those disciples who sold all they owned and then was tortured and killed for the sake of God, why in the world would I excel to the same glory when I don't compare? God is a God of Justice and promises. God promises special things to people that do special things, people who give their whole lives, but this doesn't un save everyone else. God promises me salvation and so I have nothing to gripe about if I do not obtain the great reward of first resurrection and to be able to enter into the Marriage chamber.

This isn't a entitlement program where you reap the benefits of everyone else. A saved person has no right to feel left out if he didn't pony up to the line like others had, he has his salvation but all he did was love his neighbor, why should he gain a reward that he did not earn?

That wouldn't be justice, justice isn't where you think God should treat all people the same because all people don't give their entire lives over to Christ.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Love conquers all, no doubt, as I said, Salvation is very broad and I figure it includes most people on this Earth, but that has nothing to do with the higher Zoe Kingdom.

All it means is that heaven is not a box where everyone is the same and why on earth should everyone be the same when they are in fact, not the same?

You take somebody like one of those disciples who sold all they owned and then was tortured and killed for the sake of God, why in the world would I excel to the same glory when I don't compare? God is a God of Justice and promises. God promises special things to people that do special things, people who give their whole lives, but this doesn't un save everyone else. God promises me salvation and so I have nothing to gripe about if I do not obtain the great reward of first resurrection and to be able to enter into the Marriage chamber.

This isn't a entitlement program where you reap the benefits of everyone else. A saved person has no right to feel left out if he didn't pony up to the line like others had, he has his salvation but all he did was love his neighbor, why should he gain a reward that he did not earn?

That wouldn't be justice, justice isn't where you think God should treat all people the same because all people don't give their entire lives over to Christ
I simply do not wish to have that it's-all-about-me-being-treated-as-special attitude, Hannibal. We're all in this together. The "reward" is in ALL of us reaching the goal of maturity in love, and to whatever extent we have the experience of serving and helping another to that end, THAT is a big fat bonus.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I simply do not wish to have that it's-all-about-me-being-treated-as-special attitude, Hannibal. We're all in this together. The "reward" is in ALL of us reaching the goal of maturity in love, and to whatever extent we have the experience of serving and helping another to that end, THAT is a big fat bonus.
LOL, not trying to make it about you but salvation is just not reward, salvation is a free gift and reward is something you work at and I would be extremely disappointed if God didn't make good on his promises to people who went after reward because a person who gives his entire life to God is just not the same as somebody who doesn't. Why should they be the same?

That doesn't make any sense.

Those first disciples sold businesses and homes because they went out in search of a better resurrection and they suffered tremendously for those choices. If everyone is just the same, then why would anyone try and give a better effort?

It's just like today's generation, for some reason they think they are entitled to everything good without working for everything good, and if they don't get everything a hard worker gets, they get angry but why?

God would be a very unjust God if he gave reward to people who don't deserve reward, to let them stand alongside people who actually earned the reward would be a travesty and just down right unfair.

If I have lived my life in great servitude of the needs of others and I have lost houses, family and comfort for the sake of Christ and even lost my life, why should some vain, rich, prosperous preacher be able to stand in the same place I stand when he didn't give anything up?

Salvation is broad but it has nothing to do with reward and in my eyes, it shouldn't have anything to do with reward or what would be the reason to sacrifice so much for Christ?

Christ Our Foundation
…12If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, 13his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work. 14If what he has built survives, he will receive a REWARD.

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Why would somebody want to serve an unjust, unfair God?

And if only 1 in a million people receive the reward, why should anyone be able to gripe when they received the gift of salvation and not reward?

God forbid that everyone should be the same because it just wouldn't be just and I would be seriously disappointed.

Everyone has their salvation, but just because God gives them such a great gift, they have no right to tear down the ones who worked to receive a reward.

Yeah, it would be such a great convenience for everyone to lie to themselves because they want to believe some unjust thing but I wouldn't want to serve a God who is so unjust that he gives the same thing to some lazy person who is not filled with good works, who is not filled with a great spirit of love, and who never ever makes sacrifices like somebody who has but that is how society seems to think. They think they should be able to take anything from a man who has worked hard all his life building up a business when they have no right to that man's reward, they didn't work hard and build that business but they want all the profits and they seriously believe that the right thing to do is to take everything a person has worked for to then divide amongst the common lazy people.

God gives the multitudes salvation and this is so wonderful and beautiful, but when they shall look and see what others had worked hard for all their lives, they feel cheated because they didn't do the same work somebody else did and then they say,'' God is an unjust God because he gave me my free gift, but to this other person, he gives them reward, God is so unfair.''

If God gives everyone reward that don't deserve reward then he doesn't deserve to be God.

This is a race Pleroo.

Run Your Race to Win
23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, so that I may share in its blessings. 24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way as to take the prize. 25Everyone who competes in the games trains with strict discipline. They do it for a crown that is perishable, but we do it for a crown that is imperishable.…

I don't figure that I have deserved the reward, the great prize that few obtain, but I wont be angry when looking at the people who do receive reward, they deserve to have what they worked for all their lives.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-26-2016 at 09:28 AM..

Old 08-26-2016, 09:59 AM

Hannibal, I think you missed what I said. I believe that the reward is seeing EVERYONE reaching maturity in love, (because what a wonderful thing it would be to live among people who all are mature in love, eh?) and to the extent that one is able to experience serving and helping others to the end, THAT is a BIG FAT BONUS, i.e. reward.

When you love someone or something, Hannibal, don't you FEEL the reward in that? When you take care of a mama raccoon and her babies, doesn't it feel amazing? When a person tries to rob you, and you stop them, but then rather than desiring to see them punished, you find out what needs they have and help them*, what does that feel like? When you sacrifice for another and you see how it changes them for the better, aren't you rewarded by that?

Now imagine, if you can, perhaps going through a life-review upon your physical death, and being made aware of all the people who, by your love, were made aware of the love of God and who began to love themselves and others as a result, or who knew love, but through you became more deeply rooted in that love, and it radiated out and impacted countless lives. Can't you feel it?

Will I have that experience or will I see most of my life with regret for the opportunities to love that I discarded through selfishness or fear or whatever? I tend to think, like you, that I'm mainly going to be looking around at others experiencing that reward. But I pray that I will be mature enough in love in that moment NOT to resent that, NOT to feel sorry for myself. But I see that tendency in myself right now. Focusing on God/love right here, and right now, is the only way that can be overcome, imo. IF a servant heart IS formed in me that can give up everything, it will ONLY be because I learned of love to love with abandon and courage. It's not going to come through focusing on bible code. Neither will it be a result of focusing on sweeping out sins and dying to self and getting rewards. That stuff is all the result OF learning to love.

aisi

*Yes, I read that you posted something like that in another thread. You have loving instincts, Hannibal, and that inspires me.

Last edited by Pleroo; 08-26-2016 at 10:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity