Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2016, 12:10 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Which of course, would be why it was said that the carnal mind is enmity, or G-d's enemy. Seeing how He has no flesh and blood enemies, it would seem that your carnal mind is a principality. But don't take my word for it, READ THE WORD for it. Peace
So when Jesus went around putting folk in to a sound mind, how would you describe that sound mind? let me guess you can't just like you cannot describe the characteristics of the Spirit. We know from your bible that when Jesus put folk into a sound frame of mind they wanted to follow the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 12:14 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
But not everyone thinks the same way?

So? Either you come into agreement with His Word or you can chuck it all, because if you can't be faithful with little, He can't trust you with a lot. With agreement, there is covenant, with covenant there is revelation, because union produces new life, the life of the Spirit.

Man thinks life is the absence of death, and it is, but His life is Spirit AND truth, and thus they that worship Him worship Him in Spirit AND truth. Not Spirit alone, and not truth alone, because Spirit is wine and truth is bread/Word and He told us to partake of them often. True communion is the eating of the bread and the wine with the light of the candlestick, and this is the covenant that produces new life, revelation. Peace

Old 09-03-2016, 12:16 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Then why do you follow another mind steeped in carnal ignorance and barbaric beliefs. The things you believe about God are NOT compatible with the "mind of Christ."
Quote:
You know, King Saul's name runs into a meaning of "reasoning". Saul was good at that, he reasoned it would be a good thing to disobey G-d and it cost him his life and his kingdom. That's what the carnal mind does, what it's father did in the garden, reason away all the reasons not to obey G-d and die. Peace
You ACTUALLY think what you said in the bold is something Jesus would say?????? You truly haven't a clue what the "mind of Christ" (and therefore the mind of God) is all about!!!Tragic!

Old 09-03-2016, 12:25 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
You know, King Saul's name runs into a meaning of "reasoning". Saul was good at that, he reasoned it would be a good thing to disobey G-d and it cost him his life and his kingdom. That's what the carnal mind does, what it's father did in the garden, reason away all the reasons not to obey G-d and die. Peace
You think slaughtering infants and sucklings (the innocent) is reasonable?

Old 09-03-2016, 12:27 AM

Quote:
You ACTUALLY think what you said in the bold is something Jesus would say?????? You truly haven't a clue what the "mind of Christ" (and therefore the mind of God) is all about!!!Tragic!

Is your reading comprehension really that bad, or you just tired? Read it again.... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time. Peace

Old 09-03-2016, 12:36 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You think slaughtering infants and sucklings (the innocent) is reasonable?
It boggles the mind, Jer. It is truly an enigma!
Quote:
Is your reading comprehension really that bad, or you just tired? Read it again.... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time. Peace
No benefit of doubt needed. Your views are truly out-there and spiritually indefensible under a God who IS agape love. Truly tragic.

Old 09-03-2016, 12:38 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
You don't know me, and more importantly IF you knew HIM, and weren't all just content to be bitter runaways from some secular Spirit-less Christianity that failed explaining the first step ie. being born from above (and now you're all bitter about it because you found out they lied to you about some things: no shock there, the carnal mind is a liar), perhaps then you too would be able to hear me as others that read this board do.

Don't allow what they deprived you of, color the rest of your life. Find HIM, not some head knowledge of him like the devils that believe and tremble, and EXPERIENCE what it is to walk in the SPIRIT for real, to be taught of HIM FOR REAL, to hear HIM FOR REAL, and you won't worry about how much "broader Scriptural knowledge" you can cram in that won't be worth it's weight in the iron chains it will bind your Spirit with.

Because NONE OF IT, unless the Spirit quickened it to the ones that received it, will profit you one iota, except to further puff up your rebellious carnal ass natures that bray at every step in the path. Peace
You have called people "bugs" to God. But the Word you say you know, calls us His children.

I never knew real spiritual joy until I fled the confines of fundamentalism. Again, you praise stupidity in the name of God, rejecting the Proverb:

Quote:
The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
Prov. 4:7

But I am here because God has asked me to keep appealing to you despite your hate for those who encourage you to find WISDOM about all that Scripture.

Old 09-03-2016, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So when Jesus went around putting folk in to a sound mind, how would you describe that sound mind? let me guess you can't just like you cannot describe the characteristics of the Spirit. We know from your bible that when Jesus put folk into a sound frame of mind they wanted to follow the way.
Well, let's see now. What does the Word say. Oh, I know. Repent and be baptized in water AND the Spirit. The Spirit and the washing of the water of the WORD will renew your mind. It actually intends to replace it completely, but that's another topic. Now since the disciples only had the Tanach to renew their mind with in conjunction with the Spirit, wonder how that worked? Maybe like water coming out of a Rock? Surely not... Peace

Old 09-03-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
It boggles the mind, Jer. It is truly an enigma!
No benefit of doubt needed. Your views are truly out-there and spiritually indefensible under a God who IS agape love. Truly tragic.

Not surprisingly since you didn't even understand what I said. Peace

Old 09-03-2016, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You have called people "bugs" to God. But the Word you say you know, calls us His children.

I never knew real spiritual joy until I fled the confines of fundamentalism. Again, you praise stupidity in the name of God, rejecting the Proverb:

Prov. 4:7

But I am here because God has asked me to keep appealing to you despite your hate for those who encourage you to find WISDOM about all that Scripture.

Once again, just in time to twist my words. Never fails. What else can the serpent nature do, I suppose.

As for Prov. 4:7, you don't even know what the depth of it means; go study and come back and tell me.

I doubt that, since....

A) I don't hate anyone, and B) wisdom has not been hidden from me. She's hidden from the mockers and scorners of every generation. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity