Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2016, 12:09 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
How does a translation "fix" errors when it does not have ORIGINALS from which to base the corrections?

By listening to Jesus--his teachings in every translation contradict trinity teachings. And years of hard study of the bible, history, old writings, languages by many men for years. And the holy spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 01:51 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I wonder why so many seem to get the shunning or disfellowshipping ideas???
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesus taught ones family members will become their enemies( spiritually) if they followed him( correctly)
I repeat: "I wonder why so many seem to get the shunning or disfellowshipping ideas???"

Old 09-06-2016, 02:36 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
Jesus taught ones family members will become their enemies( spiritually) if they followed him( correctly)

No, it was self thinking that did the things you said. Every true follower does this-Matt 16:24
What an individual does has nothing to do with the JW religion. Not one is taught to do such things. But I do understand that it can be very hard knowing the ones you love are being mislead.We are taught to Love. Even love our enemies. Not all that try succeed. Satans #1 job--attack Jesus' seed relentlessly. No mortal can beat satan unless they accomplish Matt 16:24.
I know brothers who are JW,s and their family' do not attend and they don't treat their loved ones like that. He( husband of niece) alone is in error. Everyone on earth has one of these--Jeremiah 17:9-- a desperate and treacherous heart--Matt 16:24--One must disown themselves to follow Jesus--Few can.

Jesus speaking about enemies in their own house is what is happening inside a person when he decides that he needs to replace the old Adam to then be betrothed to the new Adam, the father you are to hate is not your biological father and your mother in law that is hated is not your physical mother in law. You are getting betrothed as a brand new pure virgin. Jesus tells 3 disciples that they were speaking from their father Satan because when you speak out in pride and judgment, you speak from the spirit of your father Satan and you are to hate your father.

Eve is a mother to all people born of flesh and when you become a new creature, she is now your mother in law and you are getting married.

Old 09-06-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I repeat: "I wonder why so many seem to get the shunning or disfellowshipping ideas???"

In the ot, it was being stoned to death. Which would you rather see for your family member if they were unrepentant?

Old 09-06-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Jesus speaking about enemies in their own house is what is happening inside a person when he decides that he needs to replace the old Adam to then be betrothed to the new Adam, the father you are to hate is not your biological father and your mother in law that is hated is not your physical mother in law. You are getting betrothed as a brand new pure virgin. Jesus tells 3 disciples that they were speaking from their father Satan because when you speak out in pride and judgment, you speak from the spirit of your father Satan and you are to hate your father.

Eve is a mother to all people born of flesh and when you become a new creature, she is now your mother in law and you are getting married.

Wow--and you believe that? its not from the bible.
I take it you believe all true followers are the bride of Christ? It is not so--only the little flock( Luke 12:32) are the bride of Christ = 144,000 Rev 14:3--the anointed.
The great multitude are not the bride of Christ.

Old 09-06-2016, 04:19 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Quote:
In the ot, it was being stoned to death. Which would you rather see for your family member if they were unrepentant?
Neither. I prefer love since that is what Jesus demonstrated for us. The idea that you and your beliefs are so important that you should shun or disfellowship or ostracize ANYONE, let alone your own loved ones is almost criminally UNLOVING!!! It portrays an evil, tyrannical, and unloving God that is the opposite of the God Jesus revealed.

Old 09-06-2016, 04:27 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
Wow--and you believe that? its not from the bible.
I take it you believe all true followers are the bride of Christ? It is not so--only the little flock( Luke 12:32) are the bride of Christ = 144,000 Rev 14:3--the anointed.
The great multitude are not the bride of Christ.

Those 144,000 people were measured, counted standing in the two sections of the Temple proper while everyone in the court is not counted, and not measured to be sealed with the seal of protection God gives to his people standing in the Temple proper. First resurrection is a reward, it is not salvation, those 144,000 are taken from all history, and they are the only ones who obtained the first resurrection while the great multitude is saved, they do not obtain reward.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:28 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
By listening to Jesus--his teachings in every translation contradict trinity teachings. And years of hard study of the bible, history, old writings, languages by many men for years. And the holy spirit.
The 5000 plus manuscripts, way more than any other ancient book by thousands, only varies in spelling in most cases and where actual changes have been made they are easy to identify. Most were made to support the Trinity. For those who actually study the issues instead of parroting what detractors say and write, it is easy to see no errors in anything essential.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:30 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Those who disagree with scripture and prefer their own personal religion are totally unaware of what is clearly said in scripture.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:31 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
I would rather see MERCY, JUSTICE and FORGIVENESS...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity