Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 04:19 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
I did and then saw where they were ... wrong.
As in the question about how many women went to the tomb: 1After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb. They say only Magdalene as that is the only one John mentions. Other questions just as loaded. BOTH Simon and Jesus carried the cross. Things like that?

Ah, I see this was covered
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 04:19 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
It sure is rigged, and yes it is designed to only allow for incorrect answers . I wonder what their point is in rigging it to where your answers are incorrect ? That's not nice !
I think their point is to demonstrate that no matter what you read in one account, in another account you're going to find either a completely different version or a somewhat different version. Which makes me wonder: God could have prevented all this because He is perfect and He was guiding the writings of these accounts, so why did He deliberately allow such differences to occur so as make it possible to even question the accuracy. If God had wanted to He could have had Matthew, Mark AND Luke giving completely agreeing accounts:
1. both thieves mocked Jesus until they died
2. one thief eventually came to repent and rebuke the other thief.

Thus we'd have had in Matthew, Mark's AND Luke's gospels:

Quote:
And the thieves who were crucified with Jesus mocked him in the same way. But the one thief, overcome with guilt and remorse, suddenly turned to the other thief and said, "Have you no fear of God? Indeed we receive our just reward but this man whom we both have reviled has not spoken a word against us. Surely he must be innocent". Then the penitent thief who had previously mocked him turned and said, "Lord...."
Now if all three gospels read that way then it'd be an open-and-shut case: the gospels give an accurate portrayal of what happened. But since they don't; since two say one thing and another says differently, we can have nothing but questions regarding the veracity of the accounts and who, if any, is accurate, or are all three incorrect and another version of the events actually transpired which never got written down? Indeed, we have legitimate grounds to ask, "Did God even guide the writing of these accounts?"

That's all we're left with. Those who want to say, "Well, they can disagree a little with each other without being in total disagreement" I think are just kidding themselves, trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:24 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I took it. I know the gospels backwards and forwards but I got every answer incorrect and gave up at question #13. You will answer every question incorrectly too, I guarantee it, and the reasons why will become readily apparent after about question #7. Go ahead try it, I dare you:

http://exchristian.net/3/
Teh test is a farce I quit after the first question. They did not include all of the facts and hey did not hve the correct answer available to answer.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Teh test is a farce I quit after the first question. They did not include all of the facts and hey did not hve the correct answer available to answer.
I think you should be fair and actually show the questions you think are rigged:

1. How many men were in Jesus' tomb when the women arrived?

4. When Jesus and his disciples were walking toward Jerusalem after leaving Bethany that night, Jesus saw a fig tree and cursed it for not having figs. Did the tree wither immediately as they stood and watched or did it wither overnight?

It withered immediately
It withered overnight

6. After Jesus calmed the sea, he and his disciples went to a land called Gadarenes (Gergesenes in Matthew). How many demon-possessed men came out of the tombs?

Nothing deceptive about it far as I can see. The questions are straightforward.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:49 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
I figured it out on the Ques #1....
Spoiler
each answer is correct or incorrect...bec of the contradictions in the Bible.

I get extremely very high scores on State multiple choice exams, (being a mediocre student!)
because I get into the heads of the questioners...first question I knew what they were up to!

Old 08-15-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I figured it out on the Ques #1....
Spoiler
each answer is correct or incorrect...bec of the contradictions in the Bible.

I get extremely very high scores on State multiple choice exams, (being a mediocre student!)
because I get into the heads of the questioners...first question I knew what they were up to!
So did you get a perfect score on the quiz?

Old 08-15-2016, 05:58 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
So did you get a perfect score on the quiz?
No one can.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:24 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
I get serious test anxiety, freak out and beg for extra credit if I get less than a 99, so this was a real mind-eff

Old 08-15-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I get serious test anxiety, freak out and beg for extra credit if I get less than a 99, so this was a real mind-eff
Do not despair. Even graded on a curve nobody around here got above a 0.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:22 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
I took it. I know the gospels backwards and forwards but I got every answer incorrect and gave up at question #13. You will answer every question incorrectly too, I guarantee it, and the reasons why will become readily apparent after about question #7. Go ahead try it, I dare you:

http://exchristian.net/3/
LoL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity