Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 06:10 PM

9,940 posts, read 4,877,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
If I die still not believing Jesus was divine will I go to hell?
Where did righteous Jesus go the day he died according to Acts 2:27,33-32 but to the Bible's hell.
The Bible's hell is simply mankind's temporary grave for the sleeping dead - John 11:12-14
If biblical hell was a permanent place, then Jesus would still be in hell.
Jesus based his teachings on the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach sleep in death:
- Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13; Ecclesiastes 9:5
So, when we die we ' go to hell ' until later resurrected out of biblical hell by Jesus - Revelation 1:18
That is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection........
So, unless one has committed the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32; Hebrew 6:4-6 - we will have a resurrection.

What if we are still alive at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37 then we can either remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth, right into the start of Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth, or if classified as a haughty ' goat ', then, Not the grave/hell, but destruction forever awaits the ' goats' :
- Psalms 92:7; 37:10-11; Proverbs 2:21-22; Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16; 2 Peter 3:9
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 06:17 PM

9,940 posts, read 4,877,385 times
Quote:
I took it. I know the gospels backwards and forwards but I got every answer incorrect and gave up at question #13. You will answer every question incorrectly too, I guarantee it, and the reasons why will become readily apparent after about question #7. Go ahead try it, I dare you:
Some of it seems out of context, and some cut short on information on details.
Is there one particular question number at a time to discuss.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:52 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,247,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Where did righteous Jesus go the day he died according to Acts 2:27,33-32 but to the Bible's hell.
The Bible's hell is simply mankind's temporary grave for the sleeping dead - John 11:12-14
If biblical hell was a permanent place, then Jesus would still be in hell.
Jesus based his teachings on the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach sleep in death:
- Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13; Ecclesiastes 9:5
So, when we die we ' go to hell ' until later resurrected out of biblical hell by Jesus - Revelation 1:18
That is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection........
So, unless one has committed the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32; Hebrew 6:4-6 - we will have a resurrection.

What if we are still alive at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37 then we can either remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth, right into the start of Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth, or if classified as a haughty ' goat ', then, Not the grave/hell, but destruction forever awaits the ' goats' :
- Psalms 92:7; 37:10-11; Proverbs 2:21-22; Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16; 2 Peter 3:9
In fact Hell/Sheol/Hades is not the grave (In the earth) of everyone according to Revelation as Some die at sea and others are never buried.

KJV Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Everyone gets out too.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:51 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,321,301 times
lol, I started the quiz, knew I answered the first 2 questions correctly so knew what was going on, stopped the quiz and gave the alternate answer, and I was correct in my guess.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:00 PM

18,190 posts, read 16,759,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
lol, I started the quiz, knew I answered the first 2 questions correctly so knew what was going on, stopped the quiz and gave the alternate answer, and I was correct in my guess.
For anyone who tries the quiz a head's up: the only way you can be correct is to give two different answers simultaneously.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:03 PM

22,760 posts, read 10,216,368 times
Quote:
For anyone who tries the quiz a head's up: the only way you can be correct is to give two different answers simultaneously.

Hell Thrill, I am not only the man with two faces from the former world and the latter, I can speak from either side of my tongue.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Hell Thrill, I am not only the man with two faces from the former world and the latter, I can speak from either side of my tongue.
That is a rare talent indeed though it seems to come naturally to fundamentalist preachers, Vizio excepted. I think he speaks from his heart regardless of how wrong his beliefs may be at times.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:39 PM

45,270 posts, read 26,773,195 times
Quote:
If I die still not believing Jesus was divine will I go to hell?
You need to believe in the good news of the gospel concerning the death and physical resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:07 PM

22,760 posts, read 10,216,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You need to believe in the good news of the gospel concerning the death and physical resurrection of Jesus Christ.

I used to think that also, not so much anymore but I am always evolving. I look at myself and wonder who can be saved because I know me.

I have a conscience that bothers me. Did Jesus write the law in the hearts of all men to have a conscience? I am sure men had a conscience before this right?

I guess that is the question I should look for, what does it really mean if Jesus put his laws in Thrill's heart and he keeps those laws when a Christian has also had those laws written upon his heart and he doesn't keep those laws, who is more righteous?

A father went to a son and said,'' Go work in the field,'' and the son refused and said,'' I will not go father.''

Then the father asked the other son and that son said he shall go, but he didn't go.

The son that said he would go, he didn't go, but the son who said he wouldn't go, he went.

Which one is more righteous?

Romans 2

12For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. 14For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another 16In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel

Old 08-22-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
All I'm capable of believing right now is that if God really wanted us to believe in Jesus and that he resurrected from the dead God would have left indisputable proof in the form of the original gospels preserved in the Qumran caves and a dozen contemporary secular historians like Philo of Alexandria writing about Jesus' exploits and crucifixion. Certainly at the least a few contemporary testimonies about the dead saints of Matthew rising and appearing to inhabitants of Jerusalem. To those who say, "Isn't that asking too much" I ask, "Is anything too difficult for our God?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity