Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 02:38 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
He trained teachers for his new religion. He spoke to 7 congregations in Revelation( our time) Israelites go to synagogues not congregations. Israel was cut off of being Gods chosen( Matt 23:37-39) --but see God left the door open to them in 39-- they have refused outright for over 1900 years.
Jesus promised to appoint the faithful and discreet slave( his teachers) over all of his belongings upon his presence, which began here-Rev 6--he receives his crown)= 1914.
Even the Pharisees saw the new religion begin--they called it a sect of the Nazarene. Acts 24:5)

And who, do you suppose, saw to it that the word was translated "congregations or churches", and not synagogues, knowing of course that it only takes a minyan (10 Jewish men) to start one and the first believers to whom the Gentiles were grafted INTO, were Jewish? Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 08:17 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,636,810 times
i thought two or three were enough? hmm

"benefit of a non-denominational church?" --broken away from Apostate religion, the Established, accepted ones. yet likely still signed a contract for Jesus, because after all, $.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:50 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And who, do you suppose, saw to it that the word was translated "congregations or churches", and not synagogues, knowing of course that it only takes a minyan (10 Jewish men) to start one and the first believers to whom the Gentiles were grafted INTO, were Jewish? Peace

Yes the first members of Jesus religion were all brought up Jewish--- But Matt 23:37-39-- is clear--they are cut off. So Jesus started a new religion--Those serve the God of Israel= a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah) and accept Jesus as the one sent forth by God--The Messiah. Trinity translations uses the word church in Rev--- but the true flavor of the greek word is congregation, not church. Jesus didn't give advice to the building( Church), it was to the members( congregation).

Old 11-18-2016, 03:00 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
i thought two or three were enough? hmm
"benefit of a non-denominational church?" --broken away from Apostate religion, the Established, accepted ones. yet likely still signed a contract for Jesus, because after all, $.
When did Jesus ever ' pass the plate ' ($) so to speak ?
The only time Jesus ever ' passed the plate ' so to speak, was when Jesus passed out bread and fish to people.
Jesus taught his religious teaching for free, and instructed his followers to freely do the same - Matthew 10:8 B
So, in real Christianity there are No collection plates and No collection envelopes.
Every offering then is done privately, in secret, anonymously.
No monetary contract ($), but to have self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus had - John 13:34-35

Old 11-18-2016, 03:29 PM

amen, but i notice all of the affirmation seems to come only from the choir, and never an apostate to be seen

Old 11-22-2016, 03:12 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,052 times
In our experience...it wasnt preachy but left us wanting more ( which is how we are on a new journey). It had upbeat music and an ok message but it was boring and dull after a bit. We went to a mega church that everyone raves about but it doesnt get raves from us. My husband compares it to Russian Nesting Dolls- no matter how deep you go, its always empty.

IF i went back to Christianity, id go for a denomination.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
In our experience...it wasnt preachy but left us wanting more ( which is how we are on a new journey). It had upbeat music and an ok message but it was boring and dull after a bit. We went to a mega church that everyone raves about but it doesnt get raves from us. My husband compares it to Russian Nesting Dolls- no matter how deep you go, its always empty.

yet wadr Christ Himself tells you to walk out your front door--the two of you--and leave town; no purse, no bag, no extra shoes. hmm.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:54 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post

There's no one perfect church. I like my denomination (Episcopal) because they concentrate on the command of Christ to love God and love your neighbor and how to put that into practice in everyday life, and we love our ancient rituals and liturgical colors and practices, and when we have time, we argue about the other stuff, lol, but the ORGANIZATION of the Episcopal Church in the United States is just another...organization. It's all about budgets and rules and hierarchy, so we just sort of have to work around them.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:22 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
yet wadr Christ Himself tells you to walk out your front door--the two of you--and leave town; no purse, no bag, no extra shoes. hmm.
ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There's no one perfect church. I like my denomination (Episcopal) because they concentrate on the command of Christ to love God and love your neighbor and how to put that into practice in everyday life, and we love our ancient rituals and liturgical colors and practices, and when we have time, we argue about the other stuff, lol, but the ORGANIZATION of the Episcopal Church in the United States is just another...organization. It's all about budgets and rules and hierarchy, so we just sort of have to work around them.
That was just our experience. Who knows what may happen.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:35 AM

so then, Christ gets a flick of the finger, and your church government gets all the consideration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity