Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2016, 10:34 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
No need to read ancient words of fantasy, Christ speaks today and (apparently) unlike you, I LISTEN...
But, yes, I am a fan of the RED LETTERS....particularly the Beatitudes and the TWO GREATEST COMMANDMENTS...
Like most liberals, you take about 50% of Jesus' words, dismiss the rest as "fantasy", and make a god in your own image. I'll remind you that ALL of Jesus' words are in red.

What new word has Jesus spoken to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 10:35 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
So, how is one supposed to be able to ascertain the reason or the need to be "born again" when it appears foolish? Why would a loving God make it appear so foolish to the ones he's trying to convince? See, it just doesn't make sense.
Exactly! Nothing strikes the chord of idiocy more than in Mark when Jesus says, "I'm telling you guys in my innermost circle the secrets of the kingdom but I'm going to hide these secrets from my people by talking in confusing parables that they cannot comprehend because their hearts are hardened." The idiocy is the illogic that Jesus says he has been been sent to redeem his people from their sins and then he goes and admits he's going to deliberately confound them and so they can't be redeemed from their sins, thus defeating the very purpose for which he came:

Quote:
"I'm not sent to anyone except the house of Israel"
Sent for what?????? To confuse the hell out of them??

You're right; the whole mess just doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to any rational mind--that is, unless you realize these verses were written by ordinary men a half century later who had their own agenda for writing this, to disparage and malign the Jews and make the Romans look like the good guys. But to Christians, who I have no doubt are just as bewildered over this as the rest of us, say, "Yes, it makes complete sense" simply because they refuse to admit they can't make heads or tails out of Jesus' words and make their own religion look bad.

If that single verse wouldn't make a person anti-Christian I don't know what would--well actually I do know of a thousand other verses that would.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:18 AM

689 posts, read 549,218 times
It doesn't make sense because what mentioned are something you can't experience in your life time. I believe that you are brainwashed to think that whatever you can't experience shall not be accepted as truths.

For the sake of argument, we assume that it's true that Jesus has made large amount of food out of 2 small fishes (though this cannot be experienced by any humans today). It's purely for the sake of argument, then how can this truth convey to today's humans?

It doesn't make sense to people when they choose to compare it against usual human experience available, even under the circumstance that it's true. And there's no better way for this truth to convey. That's the point.

Last edited by Hawkins; 08-30-2016 at 11:29 AM..

Old 08-30-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Exactly! Nothing strikes the chord of idiocy more than in Mark when Jesus says, "I'm telling you guys in my innermost circle the secrets of the kingdom but I'm going to hide these secrets from my people by talking in confusing parables that they cannot comprehend because their hearts are hardened." The idiocy is the illogic that Jesus says he has been been sent to redeem his people from their sins and then he goes and admits he's going to deliberately confound them and so they can't be redeemed from their sins, thus defeating the very purpose for which he came:

You're right; the whole mess just doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to any rational mind--that is, unless you realize these verses were written by ordinary men a half century later who had their own agenda for writing this, to disparage and malign the Jews and make the Romans look like the good guys. But to Christians, who I have no doubt are just as bewildered over this as the rest of us, say, "Yes, it makes complete sense" simply because they refuse to admit they can't make heads or tails out of Jesus' words and make their own religion look bad.

If that single verse wouldn't make a person anti-Christian I don't know what would--well actually I do know of a thousand other verses that would.
There are some passages that are difficult to understand, but for the most part, I have no trouble getting the message. Maybe Jesus was speaking of you. You certainly appear to have a hardened heart about these things.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:46 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

No, the principle you don't see is, that all trees (men are described as trees elsewhere) bear fruit in their own season. Those selected to be closest to Him, were 'in season" and as they showed, bore fruit.

Not understanding the parables doesn't mean they were not going to be forgiven their sins. As Hannibal and others have expressed, there are levels to the kingdom of G-d and not all are going to be in His "inner circle", and knowing their hearts and knowing the end from the beginning, He spoke in parables IN MERCY, because you are held accountable for what you know. If they had "got it" and refused to walk in it, their judgment would have been greater.

And so you see instructions in there, to let him who is filthy be filthy still, because at a certain point, it is more merciful for them to stay blind, that it is for them to see and fail. His motives are ALWAYS PURE AND RIGHTEOUS AND FULL OF MERCY, no matter what it may APPEAR to the contrary.

But it takes the mind of the Spirit to reveal these things, carnally minded men approaching a SPIRITUAL book, will never see the treasures hidden within. The WHOLE BOOK, is one long love letter to His beloved creation, detailing His nature and how He will bring her back....ALL OF HER, every man in his own season. And yes, some will go by winter, even though it says to take care that you're flight be not in winter (death). Peace

Old 08-30-2016, 12:49 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, the principle you don't see is, that all trees (men are described as trees elsewhere) bear fruit in their own season. Those selected to be closest to Him, were 'in season" and as they showed, bore fruit.

Not understanding the parables doesn't mean they were not going to be forgiven their sins. As Hannibal and others have expressed, there are levels to the kingdom of G-d and not all are going to be in His "inner circle", and knowing their hearts and knowing the end from the beginning, He spoke in parables IN MERCY, because you are held accountable for what you know. If they had "got it" and refused to walk in it, their judgment would have been greater.

And so you see instructions in there, to let him who is filthy be filthy still, because at a certain point, it is more merciful for them to stay blind, that it is for them to see and fail. His motives are ALWAYS PURE AND RIGHTEOUS AND FULL OF MERCY, no matter what it may APPEAR to the contrary.

But it takes the mind of the Spirit to reveal these things, carnally minded men approaching a SPIRITUAL book, will never see the treasures hidden within. The WHOLE BOOK, is one long love letter to His beloved creation, detailing His nature and how He will bring her back....ALL OF HER, every man in his own season. And yes, some will go by winter, even though it says to take care that you're flight be not in winter (death). Peace
So what are women? Bushes?

Old 08-30-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
There are some passages that are difficult to understand, but for the most part, I have no trouble getting the message. Maybe Jesus was speaking of you. You certainly appear to have a hardened heart about these things.
ding ding ding--A JUDGMENT has just been given by his royal highness...

Old 08-30-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Like most liberals, you take about 50% of Jesus' words, dismiss the rest as "fantasy", and make a god in your own image. I'll remind you that ALL of Jesus' words are in red.

What new word has Jesus spoken to you?
Not all who post on C-D in my name are in the fold...

Jesus told me this last night....

Not all Jesus' words are in RED....if Jesus is god, the words spoken by god should be RED...the words Paul claims Jesus spoke to him should ALL be red and all the words quoted by John ought to be red.

It is merely the men (or was it really the scribes on their own) repeating what was allegedly attributed to Jesus.

THOUGHT___

The Bible – Old Testament and New Testament – are the very words of God. IF The Bible does not contain the words of God along with errors, mistakes, and uncertainties. The Old Testament and New Testament authors wrote God’s Words. Since Jesus is God they recorded Jesus’ Words. The whole Bible should be filled with red words.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
ding ding ding--A JUDGMENT has just been given by his royal highness...
You can read his words same as I can.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Not all who post on C-D in my name are in the fold...

Jesus told me this last night....

Not all Jesus' words are in RED....if Jesus is god, the words spoken by god should be RED...the words Paul claims Jesus spoke to him should ALL be red and all the words quoted by John ought to be red.

It is merely the men (or was it really the scribes on their own) repeating what was allegedly attributed to Jesus.

THOUGHT___

The Bible – Old Testament and New Testament – are the very words of God. IF The Bible does not contain the words of God along with errors, mistakes, and uncertainties. The Old Testament and New Testament authors wrote God’s Words. Since Jesus is God they recorded Jesus’ Words. The whole Bible should be filled with red words.
Liberal-speak...say a lot, say nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity