Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is God preparing people to be in his army?
Yes 1 50.00%
No 1 50.00%
Heaven is a place where everything is wonderful, you get all that you ever dreamed of. 1 50.00%
Heaven is in 3 sections as the temple design but with only 2 sections of a temple proper, whatever that means. 1 50.00%
We are just created to go and praise God forever more, forever more 0 0%
Yes, There is purpose afterlife, and what else would that purpose be then to work for the Lord? 1 50.00%
Maybe 0 0%
Valhalla, soldiers of Vallhalla 1 50.00%
Maybe heaven is reincarnation 1 50.00%
An overcomer recieves all the promises that were given to Jesus, he is a brethren, a son of God who goes down to an earth. 1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 10:25 PM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times

Advertisements

Elisha Captures Blinded Syrians
…15Now when the attendant of the man of God had risen early and gone out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was circling the city. And his servant said to him, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?" 16So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." 17Then Elisha prayed and said, "O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." And the LORD opened the servant's eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.…

18When they came down to him, Elisha prayed to the Lord and said, “Strike this people with blindness, I pray.” So He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha. 19Then Elisha said to them, “This is not the way, nor is this the city; follow me and I will bring you to the man whom you seek.” And he brought them to Samaria.

Did the army of the Lord enter these people as spirits to make them blind as they entered their eyes?

20When they had come into Samaria, Elisha said, “O Lord, open the eyes of these men, that they may see.” So the Lord opened their eyes and they saw; and behold, they were in the midst of Samaria. 21Then the king of Israel when he saw them, said to Elisha, “My father, shall I kill them? Shall I kill them?”

The army of the Lord had surrounded a human army, a great host of warriors on horses, and with chariots of fire.Why was the army of the Lord there?

What could they do?

Moses was the greatest general of all time and he put his people in formation as any general would command and army. 3 tribes in the east, 3 in the west, north and south. Later we see Jesus putting people in formation in groups of 50 when he sat them down.

I see heaven as joining the ranks of a great army where there are Earths throughout the universe and when we die, we become soldiers or horseback riders, drivers of chariots on fire, armor bearers, and all sorts of positions to be filled, even Lords of War lol.

When I look at the army of the Lord surrounding an army of humans, I don't see them reigning down fire and wounding them with swords but I do see spirits about to enter an army.{maybe the army entered the eyes}

When You Die, are you recruited into the army of the Lord to go down and interact in the lives of living people?

I think a lot of people would say that Jesus never meant for you to pull out your right eye, but that the eyes are symbolic for specific thing. I think if you follow you lust and desires of the flesh, then you are following the desires of what your right eye sees and the right arm reaches for your desires. If God puts your right eye out, and this is a salvation, then what does it mean if your left eye is put out?

Was somebody there?

If Jesus is a New Adam and this means that he is a new spirit, a new Adam, wasn't and isn't the old still present?

Revelation 2
26And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Jesus says here,'' Even as I have received from my father.'' Does Jesus sit on a physical throne while he rules the nations? He rules from within doesn't he?

And if Jesus has received a rule over all the nations and this same promise is to the overcomers, is it a physical throne of ruling nations in a physical form?

Or is it also ruling from within?

What exactly is in the left eye? What is it symbolic for? Where exactly will an overcomer rule all the nations? From physical thrones?

What happens if you rip out your left eye?
https://youtu.be/tRgcwT9X2J8

My head, my head.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 04-19-2024 at 02:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 10:58 PM

I would say that Jesus said this to every believer and what is said here, is what happens to a believer who begins to walk with God.

Temple Destruction Foretold
(Matthew 24:1-4; Mark 13:1-9)

5And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said, 6As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
7And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass? 8And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. 9But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

Witnessing to All Nations
(Matthew 24:9-14; Mark 13:10-13)

10Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: 11And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
12But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. 13And it shall turn to you for a testimony. 14Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: 15For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. 16And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. 17And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. 18But there shall not an hair of your head perish. 19In your patience possess ye your souls.

The Destruction of Jerusalem
(Matthew 24:15-25; Mark 13:14-23)

20And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. 21Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. 22For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. 24And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

The Return of the Son of Man
(Matthew 24:26-31; Mark 13:24-27)

25And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. 27And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

The lesson of the Fig Tree
(Matthew 24:32-35; Mark 13:28-31)

29And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; 30When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.

Behold the fig tree.

Old 08-20-2016, 11:39 PM

Elisha Captures Blinded Syrians
…15Now when the attendant of the man of God had risen early and gone out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was circling the city. And his servant said to him, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?" 16So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." 17Then Elisha prayed and said, "O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." And the LORD opened the servant's eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.…

Why couldn't the servant see?

Why did Elisha have to open his eyes as if he were a blind man?

What was there that had blinded him, or should we ask the question,'' What happened to Elisha that he should be able to see spirits moving in this world?''

Are we all blind?

Old 08-21-2016, 03:29 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
God already has His army where many of God`s Holy Angels are equipped to be warriors with many divisions of uses where through the identity name of Jesus Christ , God`s Holy Angels warriors are multi times more powerful than the devil and satan and his angels .................... Before the cross of Christ God`s Holy Angel warriors had only equal power to the devil and satan and his angels ,.................. like before Jesus Michael the archangel bows out to the devil in scripture Jude : 9 ...................... and in Revelations 12 :7-9 after the cross of Christ were Michael has more power , kicks the devil out of heaven and to the earth

Old 08-21-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
God already has His army where many of God`s Holy Angels are equipped to be warriors with many divisions of uses where through the identity name of Jesus Christ , God`s Holy Angels warriors are multi times more powerful than the devil and satan and his angels .................... Before the cross of Christ God`s Holy Angel warriors had only equal power to the devil and satan and his angels ,.................. like before Jesus Michael the archangel bows out to the devil in scripture Jude : 9 ...................... and in Revelations 12 :7-9 after the cross of Christ were Michael has more power , kicks the devil out of heaven and to the earth
Consider that this did happen, that a spiritual war is going on and Satan has his armies that go out into people where they wage a war against you, from inside you, and Jesus comes to make his own warriors.

Doesn't it insinuate that when you die being a trained warrior of God, that you will also be a guiding spirit in somebody else one day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity