Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 12:11 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Still waiting. Why is your opinion the standard? At one point the best minds thought the earth was flat. They were wrong. So why should we believe you're correct?
What in blue tunket do you think the purpose of throwing it up for discussion is? If all you have is an appeal to authority go play marbles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 12:12 PM

1,050 posts, read 505,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I don't believe God's holiness is an impediment to His being able to take a few insults like some people not accepting His son, Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Isaiah 59:2 "But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear."

He does not hear what is imperfect.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry. I answered a question posed to me and defended an accusation against me. Please address the people that are taking it off-topic rahter than those of us that are defending ourselves against them.

I've asked you to elaborate on WHY you believe what you've stated. You have yet to do that. WHY are your statements correct? WHY should we believe your opinion as you stated it in the OP?
Irrefutable logic, insight, and sound reasoning. Anyone who disagrees is asked to reply with the same.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
Isaiah 59:2 "But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear."

He does not hear what is imperfect.
Horse pucky. God is involved in what is going on in the world. If you insist on the point of the scripture, it is more a matter of heeding or fulfilling what is asked under those conditions than of not "hearing."

Holiness under the New Covenant is not some idea of purity, but of activity and involvement in improvement. "It is not what goes into your mouth that defiles you, but what comes out."

"Holiness" consists not in separation from the dirt of life, but in not being affected or discouraged by it.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
As to the OP, I disagree.

My wrath can be roused by witnessing bullying, or racist/bigoted comments. Or by the self-righteous pontificating of bible drones.
Good! You actually raised an objection that can be considered and discussed without parroting. I think you're the first.

When you feel wrath at witnessing bullying, or racist/bigoted comments, it is not because you wanted bullying, or racist/bigoted comments. It is because you did not want them. But your desire to not see them was thwarted by the event. Same with Bible drones and everything else.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:21 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Irrefutable logic, insight, and sound reasoning. Anyone who disagrees is asked to reply with the same.
Why do you believe that your opinion is logical? I haven't seen any reason to believe it is. Why is it the standard?

You've obviously chosen to ignore what God has said about himself, so why should we believe YOU instead?

Old 08-24-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Horse pucky. God is involved in what is going on in the world. If you insist on the point of the scripture, it is more a matter of heeding or fulfilling what is asked under those conditions than of not "hearing."

Holiness under the New Covenant is not some idea of purity, but of activity and involvement in improvement. "It is not what goes into your mouth that defiles you, but what comes out."

"Holiness" consists not in separation from the dirt of life, but in not being affected or discouraged by it.
God is not worthy of being God if He is like man with flaws, weaknesses, imperfections, finiteness, limits, desires, and wrath. This thread is intended to be about God's wrath, which is impossible if God is perfect and pure. The Bible says God is perfect. The Bible says God is pure. The Bible says God is love. Is that all true? If it is, God cannot experience thwarted desire and resultant wrath.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:25 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
God is not worthy of being God if He is like man with flaws, weaknesses, imperfections, finiteness, limits, desires, and wrath.
THis is absolutely correct. So why do you impose your flawed logic and feelings on him?
Quote:

This thread is intended to be about God's wrath, which is impossible if God is perfect and pure. The Bible says God is perfect. The Bible says God is pure. The Bible says God is love. Is that all true? If it is, God cannot experience thwarted desire and resultant wrath.
You have not made that point. You are making statements that wrath is not consistent with God, but you have done nothing to persuade anyone to believe that your statements are correct. You certainly have not quoted any kind of authority on it. The same bible that says God is holy, loving, and just also says that he is wrathful.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:26 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
No. I preach the Gospel. When unreasonable arguments are made, I make a post illustrating it. I do not troll message boards to mock people with jokes about lisps.

If that was the main focus of my life, I'm sure she'd have issue with it.
Hopefully, she'd have an issue with it if she found out you mock people on CD.

Put down your rocks. You're in no position to call out Mat55 or anyone else.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
THis is absolutely correct. So why do you impose your flawed logic and feelings on him?

You have not made that point. You are making statements that wrath is not consistent with God, but you have done nothing to persuade anyone to believe that your statements are correct. You certainly have not quoted any kind of authority on it. The same bible that says God is holy, loving, and just also says that he is wrathful.
So, expose the flaw in the logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity