Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 10:01 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I am guessing that the first language of all the members who post here and all over the religious boards is not English, however, there are some folks who seem like they try to sound mystical and esoteric. Um...can you STOP it! You sound high and worse, at least me, I cannot understand what the heck you are even trying to say. Just don't post AFTER you inhale, gulp or inject, please. Sheesh!
Nope, as someone else posted, I speak 'murican. I just recently learned how to say "I have to go pee" in Russian though, and know bits and pieces of many other languages, but I type only in 'murican here.

Quote:
You sound high
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 10:04 AM

1,050 posts, read 505,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The difference is, I owned it, and I just with an open heart explained why that it is, that myself and few thousand others, speak this same "language". Do you really think I didn't know it wouldn't be received kindly? Peace
This jiva agrees fully with that. Because this jiva knows Me, spiritual Truth is recognized whenever it appears. I rejoice in seeing it because it echoes the Reality of IS.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:13 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Nope, as someone else posted, I speak 'murican. I just recently learned how to say "I have to go pee" in Russian though, and know bits and pieces of many other languages, but I type only in 'murican here.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

LOL...ok, do share....just in case I happen to fall in with some Russians in the not too distant future (hey, it COULD happen) and can't find the bathroom (happens ALL the time). Peace

Old 08-25-2016, 10:14 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
This jiva agrees fully with that. Because this jiva knows Me, spiritual Truth is recognized whenever it appears. I rejoice in seeing it because it echoes the Reality of IS.

Me, too. Peace

Old 08-25-2016, 10:56 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
EXAMPLE:

THREAD TITLE: Who was Jesus?

CONFUSING RESPONSE: When the lilacs bloom under the morning dew and Sirius eats Cheetos for breakfast then the Mongolians shall sit down with the aliens and discuss last night's episode of the Kardashians.

Always the same mate. As a past member once said.....

It doesn’t matter whether we are discussing supernatural deities or how to grow pansies, you'll get the same from the fundies. If we say "You should use a good nitrogen-based time-release fertilizer", they will respond with some nonsense like…"In Timothy 12:21 it says "The Lord said that the sun shall lessen the wilting of the plants by His hand, as well as the sheep in the fields!"

It's utter gibberish.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:19 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The difference is, I owned it, and I just with an open heart explained why that it is, that myself and a few thousand others, speak this same "language". Do you really think I didn't know it wouldn't be received kindly? Peace
Received kindly? Its not received at all by the majority of people because it's gibberish to us. And that makes you feel spiritually superior for whatever reason. In the meantime, people who speak plainly that a God who IS love would not be the demented sadistic despot that some Christians make God out to be, are constantly berated by such as yourself. You all get your panties in a bunch that anyone would dare disagree with your ideas about God being wrathful, vengeful and punitive. Go figure.

Ps. Yes, yes I know... They aren't YOUR ideas, they are God's 'cuz "the bible says so".

Old 08-25-2016, 11:29 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Received kindly? Its not received at all by the majority of people because it's gibberish to us. And that makes you feel spiritually superior for whatever reason. In the meantime, people who speak plainly that a God who IS love would not be the demented sadistic despot that some Christians make God out to be, are constantly berated by such as yourself. You all get your panties in a bunch that anyone would dare disagree with your ideas about God being wrathful, vengeful and punitive. Go figure.

Ps. Yes, yes I know... They aren't YOUR ideas, they are God's 'cuz "the bible says so".
Happy, as always, to give you a rep, Pleroo. You speak the truth.

I usually have no idea what it is that Rbbi1 is going on (and on) about, but I've gotten pretty good at picking out the insults. She doesn't seem to be very happy with us. Oh, well.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:58 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,379,980 times
Quote:
I am guessing that the first language of all the members who post here and all over the religious boards is not English, however, there are some folks who seem like they try to sound mystical and esoteric. Um...can you STOP it! You sound high and worse, at least me, I cannot understand what the heck you are even trying to say. Just don't post AFTER you inhale, gulp or inject, please. Sheesh!
Oh!..Oh!..Let me try!:

Oh my Child, what unholiness do you speak of with thy impure tongue?! Thou art speaking blasphemies of the highest order and insulting the divine essences!! Give thy heart to the great spirit of love and divine blessedness! Let go of thy internal darkness of...the...um...Darkside of the Force?......yeah that's all I got

Yeah, Christianese, New age Spiritist babble, and even Starwars nerd talk need to go.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:20 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Oh!..Oh!..Let me try!:

Oh my Child, what unholiness do you speak of with thy impure tongue?! Thou art speaking blasphemies of the highest order and insulting the divine essences!! Give thy heart to the great spirit of love and divine blessedness! Let go of thy internal darkness of...the...um...Darkside of the Force?......yeah that's all I got

Yeah, Christianese, New age Spiritist babble, and even Starwars nerd talk need to go.
Hahahahahaa!

Old 08-25-2016, 02:29 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,440 times
Quote:
Or, some of what you are smoking.
Sure, that Gospel high is for free man .. but be careful, once you get hooked to Jesus Christ you will be eternally addicted to Him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icZEeHel2-Y
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity