Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 09:39 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He does not KNOW the Spirit, Jer. Remember, he can't even describe the Spirit he follows.
You cannot obey a Spirit you do not KNOW. To borrow from Trout Dude, "The Spirit you heed probably hisses when he speaks."

I know His Spirit well, and I know an antichrist spirit when I see it, as well. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 10:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I know His Spirit well, and I know an antichrist spirit when I see it, as well. Peace
Do you?

Check the mirror again.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:36 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
He does not KNOW the Spirit, Jer. Remember, he can't even describe the Spirit he follows.
You cannot obey a Spirit you do not KNOW. To borrow from Trout Dude, "The Spirit you heed probably hisses when he speaks."
Quote:
Christ's Spirit is perfect agape love so WHO is anti-Christ????? The OP title is correct and YOU are among those who have been deceived following the OT God of wrath and vengeance. Christians follow the God who IS agape love revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:19 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
rotf-lmfao

I don't care who you are ... thats funny right there.
That is clever and original, but sad. Now all of thE secular fundies can get at the kool-ade

Old 09-02-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Christ's Spirit is perfect agape love so WHO is anti-Christ????? The OP title is correct and YOU are among those who have been deceived following the OT God of wrath and vengeance. Christians follow the God who IS agape love revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus.
No human being has perfect agape love. Agape love is God's love for us, not our love for others. You are right that Christians follow the God who IS agape love, but try as hard as we can, we NEVER follow it perfectly.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
That is judgemental and not an example of agape love.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
How could you not, think about it?
It should be first and foremost.
The first question in the Presbyterian catechism is "What is the chief end of man?"

I would like to get some discussion on this before I give you what we say is the answer. I will give it tomorrow, discussion or not.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:47 AM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
The spirit of Anti-Christ is not something we have to guess about because we have Anti-Christ to look at and compare. The Anti-Christ of Daniel's day was Antiochus Epiphanies and every Anti-Christ begins right there with that man and what his intentions were to the Jewish people.

Antiochus Epiphanies top priority was to change the times and the seasons so that the Jews did not know the visitation days of their God and he almost succeeded in his evil plan. This Anti-Christ built a nude gymnasium for all the youth of Judah to become gentiles and the goal of the antichrist is to turn Israel away from it's laws and so he put a statue of Antichrist in the temple, in Israel and proceeded to turn the youth of Judah away from the God of Israel, away from their laws and to stop keeping the commandments of God.

Daniel's Visions Interpreted
…24'As for the ten horns, out of this kingdom ten kings will arise; and another will arise after them, and he will be different from the previous ones and will subdue three kings. 25He will speak out against the Most High and wear down the saints of the Highest One, and he will intend to make alterations in times and in law; and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time. 26But the court will sit for judgment, and his dominion will be taken away, annihilated and destroyed forever.…{ The court will sit and thrones will be put in place and a loud trumpet will be heard and the Bema judgment will take place against the congregation of believers in Jesus.} Rosh Hashanah.

There aint no guessing what antichrist is, and for 2000 years the Christian church has been Antichrist for the same reasons as this first Antichrist and they do the same thing Antiochus sought to do and they succeeded in changing the times and the seasons so that Christians don't even know the visitation days of Christ, they have sought to alter the law and the perception of the law to make it an evil thing.

That is Anti Christ.

Into his hands you have been given for a time, times and half a time.

It is what happens to all.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 09-02-2016 at 09:04 AM..

Old 09-02-2016, 12:00 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
It goes all the way back to the garden....Peace

Old 09-02-2016, 12:06 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
It goes all the way back to the garden....Peace
That's true but it is very simple to see in Antiochus Epiphanies and while there had been anti-Christ ever since the garden, Antiochus puts things in a very clear perspective. The whole world conspires to take away the knowledge of the Lord in his commandments and his ways, and if you are keeping the ways of God, this becomes very evident. Anti-Christ will abound from every side making you literally defend the word of God as if it needed to be defended and there you are having to defend God from people who say they worship the God of Israel. It is something that is impossible to think about but we are warned in so many places.

The Man of Sin 2 Thess
1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:{ I believe he is seen in all people and he must be exposed}

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Delusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity