Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 04:32 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Why do people go there? Okay, you don't believe in an afterlife and you are at peace with it. That's great. But no one can say with certainty that when we experience the death of our physical bodies that life does not go on, and there are people who have experienced things which indicate to them that it does. So, why do you call it childish for people to hope for that possibility? Why do you act as if it is foolish or weak* or whatever that people would lean on that hope in order to give them strength to go on in their time of grief? I really don't understand that mentality.

*or that being "weak" at such a time is something to be ashamed of
Ok. Good points. Actually I am willing to believe in some kind of afterlife. But I'm just bothered by the Christian views of exclusivity. Especially when it seems that they try to exclude people based on something other than things like love, good works, etc. Instead, they base it on a belief system. They exclude billions upon billions of loving and kind people.

So I don't mind criticizing that type of faith-based Christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 04:35 PM

23,153 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Revelation 13:8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the ... ... All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been
written in the Lamb's book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation ... { All the inhabitants keep the Holy days of Tammuz, and you are sealed exactly for what holy days you keep, you don't keep god's holy days, then there is zero chance of being in the book of life.}

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing ...
... opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The ... throne.
And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And ...

To the Church in Sardis
…But you do have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments, and because they are worthy, they will walk with Me in white. 5Like them, the one who is victorious will be clothed in white garments. And I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father and His angels.

This Church of Saudis IS PLUM FULL OF PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN CHRIST.

But this that was written is SPECIFIC to only the overcomers within that church and those overcomers are the 144,000 that allowed to walk in the temple proper, to be counted and measured amongst the saints.

These are those who will rule the nations with an iron fist, and they are extremely few, only the overcomers are written in the book of life, all those other Christ professing people are not written in the book of life, and the book of life is extremely hard to get into for a gentile Christian because if he is still acting as a Gentile, he cannot be measured or counted because he is standing in the court of gentiles refusing to become one with Jews in God's worship system.

Old 08-26-2016, 04:47 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Ok. Good points. Actually I am willing to believe in some kind of afterlife. But I'm just bothered by the Christian views of exclusivity. Especially when it seems that they try to exclude people based on something other than things like love, good works, etc. Instead, they base it on a belief system. They exclude billions upon billions of loving and kind people.

Isn't Islam exclusive?

Old 08-26-2016, 04:57 PM

23,153 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:

Most Christians don't know what the books are, there is the book of life and then there is the book of intermediates where everyone goes including me, the way I figure.

It is a very broad way that is extremely accepting that I am to the mind that people from all religions will be found.

It is the outer court of Gentiles for those who remained gentiles instead of converting to God's ways and for many other reason people may find themselves in the court when all is said and done. I keep the ways of God in his worship system but I figure I am found wanting in other areas.

But this is the problem with Christians thinking so exclusively, because they never heard of Rosh Hashanah or being sealed against Yom Kippur that your name is in the book of life FOR.

So people tend to look at it like it is black and white thing when it isn't.

There is a big general area and then there are overcomers.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:20 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The Book of Life

-What is it? A record of the names of the redeemed.
-Who's names are in it? All who have proclaimed Christ as savior.
-When were the names written in? Before time began.
-Are names blotted out? Not sure.
-Is your name written in? Yes!
-What is it's purpose? A record of those that belong to Christ.
-What will be done with it? It will be opened on Judgement Day.

Okay. Thank you.

So a very large book will be opened and then what? Is Judgment Day the day you die? Or do you believe it to be a later date?

The book is just a bunch of names? How were names placed before time began if you were not alive?

Old 08-26-2016, 09:22 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:

I hear ya.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Okay. Thank you.

So a very large book will be opened and then what? Is Judgment Day the day you die? Or do you believe it to be a later date?

The book is just a bunch of names? How were names placed before time began if you were not alive?
The size of the book is not mentioned.

Judgement day will be later, after the millennium.

The names were written in before time began. God is all-knowing and exists outside time as we know it.

See Rev. 3, 13, 16 and 20.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:53 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Okay. Thank you.

There's is only one name and you do not have it.

"All those who call on the name of the Lord shall live."

Old 08-26-2016, 09:58 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
There's is only one name and you do not have it.

"All those who call on the name of the Lord shall live."
What don't I have? According to jimmie there are lots of names.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
What don't I have? According to jimmie there are lots of names.
I never said anything about the number of names. The number is not given.

As far as Peacegiver, he/she claims to be Jesus so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity