Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 11:12 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yeah I know, these things were meant to be just as they are and although they die, I don't think it relates to hell. When the millions of people die for celebrating Christmas and Easter on 666 die, I don't think it relates to hell. My whole family is full of good works and their heart is to Jesus but they also keep pagan feasts of Tammuz.
I never mention hell to you when I ask you questions about your beliefs, but you frequently mention it when responding to me. I'm curious why that is?

Quote:
Having said that, It is extremely hard for me to just wash the table clean under the torture and death so many people suffered at the hands of Christians who killed Jews and Christians JUST BECAUSE they wanted to keep the true feasts of Jesus and this made them look Jewish.

There was a terrible, terrible 7 year war against Jews where the sacrifices were cut off in the middle of the week.

The whole world was Rome, and there was Rome fighting a very stubborn enemy as Rome was climbing over it's wall and the battle right there at the wall so long, so many brave men died. So many brave Romans that the entire city of Rome praised, so many dead at the wall, and inside the wall there were people eating each other, eating other people's babies and the Romans saw this.

After the war a very stiff Jewish tax came and if you followed Jesus, you looked like a Jew and fell under the tax. WAR~WAR~WAR.

Just imagine that you were one of the nobles of Rome hearing all these war stories and you began to hate Jews more than any other nation because of the war.

To look like a Jew being caught keeping Jewish Sabbaths would get you killed or in serious trouble.

Your a Christian and you are right there when it happens and you already know that if you outwardly follow Jesus it meant a serious tax upon you, but much worse than this, they might just come to your house to kill your children in front of your eyes and then use their heads as torches in they garden.

My mind cannot just wash away all this death and the grand bravery of those who went to their deaths just because they wanted to follow Jesus and they had a glorious death that brings about a glorious resurrection.

Jews MUST be hated, it is just part of the plan but now God had made a way for the ranks of Israel to be filled with millions of gentiles and all they had to do was to stay loyal to God, to the covenant, to Jesus in all his ways and the world would soon be of one religion where the law would have went out from Jerusalem.

Sadly, and unfortunately, the gentile Christians couldn't hang on because of what it meant to do so. And so where there was a brotherhood where Jesus took two men and made one man as two sticks being made one stick, the brotherhood was ended, the sticks broken in two and the Jews have been alone all this time bearing the wrath of the gentiles all this time when the two should be one.

Jesus brought a new covenant but the gentile breaks this covenant and the only way it can be fixed is for the gentile to returns, and return he MUST.

The wise virgins are only wise simply because they were smart enough to go and obtain an extra vessel{person} and that vessel they filled with oil and this fixed a broken covenant.

When the day comes and we hear the voice of the bridegroom and all the virgins seek to continue, it is then when they are told where to buy the oil, and that oil is in the hands of Jews.

The Prodigal son must return to his father and to his brother. The Jew couldn't possibly return because for a Jew to become one with a Gentile, the Jew would have to accept the pagan ways of a gentile.

Only the gentile can return and there are a gazzilion prophesies exactly how this will happen when Ephraim returns crying and repenting for ever being involved in paganism.

You admire the fervor of those who wanted to continue outward rites which affiliated them with their culture and/or religion and/or God in the face of grave danger. Okay, I can understand that. But your focus is still on the outward stuff it seems, rather than on an inner transformation. I find that oddly incongruent with who you are, because everything I know of your actions speaks of a person who isn't about being showy but rather about depth.

Anyway, I didn't mean to go too far with this, but you're an enigma to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 11:23 AM

23,151 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I never mention hell to you when I ask you questions about your beliefs, but you frequently mention it when responding to me. I'm curious why that is?

You admire the fervor of those who wanted to continue outward rites which affiliated them with their culture and/or religion and/or God in the face of grave danger. Okay, I can understand that. But your focus is still on the outward stuff it seems, rather than on an inner transformation. I find that oddly incongruent with who you are, because everything I know of your actions speaks of a person who isn't about being showy but rather about depth.

It's that man has one program and this is a 7 year covenant that takes 7 years to progress from one level to the next. I am always talking about this as to warn people, but I am not warning them as if they are going to some hell, but warning them that the 7 feast days of Christ is a ladder by which a person can excel instead of being found amongst the majority.

Nothing wrong with being found amongst the majority with your salvation, your saved.

But heaven is not a box and where the majority stand in the court with their salvation, there will be a door there that they cannot open while they watch many who go through that door. Everyone will be all happy in their salvation but as they see people walking through that door they will say,'' What is that, and where are those people going?''

Then they will stand by the door and sneak in as others had walked in and the girl at the door will say,'' What are you doing in here?''

They will look and see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and seek to enter in.

Everyone of them and they mama will say,'' Why didn't somebody tell me about this special place where all the patriarchs are?''

I studied the bible for 40 years and never knew about that special place through a narrow opening.

Had somebody told me of it decades ago, I would have kissed their feet.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
If keeping the ways of God and his son was not important, then why were so many followers of Jesus so faithful as to lose their lives simply because of what feast days they kept?

Believing and following Jesus in his Sabbaths and feasts brought death because the whole world is going to hate you if you decide to love the commandments of God.

When Hadrian came along he SERIOUSLY hated Jews and anyone who looked or acted like a Jew in his worship system.

Hadrian made a pact with the Greek Orthodox Christians that they should stop keeping the feasts of Jesus, and they would institute Jesus into the Saturnalia thereby making peace with Hadrian and so Hadrian promises the Greek Orthodox, Jerusalem. Hadrian would exile the Jews from Jerusalem and then take control of all the synagogues to put them into the hands of the Greek Orthodox who would then begin to keep Saturnalia again and outlawing Jewish feasts.

These Greek Orthodox had the full authority of Hadrian and what a terrifying idea indeed.

To then go after any Christian who had the spirit of Pentecost and then to kill them.
I don't know, Hannibal. Why is any religious zealot willing to die for their religious beliefs?

Old 08-28-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I don't know, Hannibal. Why is any religious zealot willing to die for their religious beliefs?

I think most Christians romance about it or they shun the idea. One says that Jesus is just going to take them out of some imagined tribulation cause they aren't meant for punishment, and the others romance about being tortured and killed for Christ and I am of the latter lol.

Just give me a mission God, just a noble mission,'' says I.''

With me there is only zealous and if it wasn't being a zealot for Christ, I would be a zealot for money like the world has never seen.

What good is it to be in between?

I guess you could be sane, that's always a plus.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I think most Christians romance about it or they shun the idea. One says that Jesus is just going to take them out of some imagined tribulation cause they aren't meant for punishment, and the others romance about being tortured and killed for Christ and I am of the latter lol.

Just give me a mission God, just a noble mission,'' says I.''

With me there is only zealous and if it wasn't being a zealot for Christ, I would be a zealot for money like the world has never seen.

What good is it to be in between?

I guess you could be sane, that's always a plus.
Sanity did not come cheaply for me. It required getting free of religious fervor. Nothing can convince me that how I was when I was a religious zealot is what any sane God would require from me, or desire for me.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Sanity did not come cheaply for me. It required getting free of religious fervor. Nothing can convince me that how I was when I was a religious zealot is what any sane God would require from me, or desire for me.
I am pretty sure that most people are saved, not that what I think would mean that much, but I think pretty much everyone is, and they will have an afterlife. Most Christians live their life and I would bet all of them were saved, albeit in the court with the least in the kingdom of heaven probably with me, but salvation is salvation.

That is all fine and well, praise be to a merciful God who forgives everyone their misdeeds.

But if we imagine that heaven is real and there is really a spiritual warfare going on, and we have events in history that point to a human becoming more than mere human, then how do we actually put our hands on something tangible, something supernatural if God truly exists?

You can live an humble life to God no matter what you believe I suppose, and that's all fine and well.

But if we really take it serious and if there is really and truly a tangible anointing or spirit that can be obtained, shouldn't this be the highest goal of anyone who seeks God?

Now millions of Christian will claim to have a Holy spirit that they have no evidence for. Claiming to have something supernatural where humans had obtained it before, they claim they have it now but I see no supernatural gifts of the spirit, do you?

There is a set plan for a person who actually tries God and his promises to humans.

God promises humans that if they do what pleases him, then he will bestow upon their head something supernatural and this is what all the feast days teach, the appointed visitation days of God are set to give gifts to those who follow the plan.

A human can literally do things with their hands that would bring about a supernatural spirit that anoints the top of their heads and when they have received this anointing, there is no mistaking it, it's not a question whether or not the person has been anointed because his whole life will change.

The feasts are there to teach a person how to obtain something supernatural in THIS LIFE.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-28-2016 at 12:01 PM..

Old 08-28-2016, 12:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Christianity is both, to different types of people. For some, it is a religion, full of rite, and ritual. Doing and saying the right things, believing the right things the right way.

To others it is a lifestyle, and it looks nothing like religion. It's actually living like Christ, which would be the opposite of boastful. If you want to live it, you'll be swallowing your pride constantly, and eating a steady diet of humble pie. It's loving people where they are in their journey, no matter if they are on the same path or not. It's hugging the dirty old homeless guy, who likely hasn't felt human touch in days, or weeks, outside of possibly being fed. It's sitting with someone crying from pain and fear of the unknown in the hospital. It's reaching out to those in jail or prison, and seeing them not as criminals, but as beloved children of God, no different from you other than circumstance. It's loving someone just for the sake of love. It's reaching out across ideological lines and loving those on the other "side", because they too are beloved children of God. It's loving the unlovable, it's forgiving the unforgiven, and unforgivable. It's calling out religious hypocrisy, it's fighting for the oppressed. It's standing up for those who can't stand. It's being more focused on one's own shortcomings, than the shortcomings of others. It's not about attaining levels, or rank, or titles; it's about rising up through the darkness and shining the light of love. It's not following other Christians. It's not following the popular American, thoroughly ripped testosterone fueled ass kicking Arnold SchwarzenJesus. It's following the servant Christ up onto the cross and dying with him, every day. It's living counter to our human instincts, it is loving in spite of differences. It's hard, and sometimes lonely, but the journey is worth it. It's really not about the destination, it's about the now.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I am pretty sure that most people are saved, not that what I think would mean that much, but I think pretty much everyone is, and they will have an afterlife. Most Christians live their life and I would bet all of them were saved, albeit in the court with the least in the kingdom of heaven probably with me, but salvation is salvation.

That is all fine and well, praise be to a merciful God who forgives everyone their misdeeds.

But if we imagine that heaven is real and there is really a spiritual warfare going on, and we have events in history that point to a human becoming more than mere human, then how do we actually put our hands on something tangible, something supernatural if God truly exists?

You can live an humble life to God no matter what you believe I suppose, and that's all fine and well.

But if we really take it serious and if there is really and truly a tangible anointing or spirit that can be obtained, shouldn't this be the highest goal of anyone who seeks God?
That's a lot of "if"s.

Quote:
Now millions of Christian will claim to have a Holy spirit that they have no evidence for. Claiming to have something supernatural where humans had obtained it before, they claim they have it now but I see no supernatural gifts of the spirit, do you?

There is a set plan for a person who actually tries God and his promises to humans.

God promises humans that if they do what pleases him, then he will bestow upon their head something supernatural and this is what all the feast days teach, the appointed visitation days of God are set to give gifts to those who follow the plan.

A human can literally do things with their hands that would bring about a supernatural spirit that anoints the top of their heads and when they have received this anointing, there is no mistaking it, it's not a question whether or not the person has been anointed because his whole life will change.

The feasts are there to teach a person how to obtain something supernatural in THIS LIFE.
That is not a given; it is your belief. What made me step away from that belief, Hannibal, was that I saw the puffed up spirit it produced in others and I could feel it happening to me. It all sounded very spiritual and enlightened but I realized that the attention was always about what people thought or hoped THEY would become so that they would be rewarded. Meh. If God was going to "anoint" people with supernatural powers, I highly doubt it would be people who were in it for the glory and reward. It all smelled of spoilt milk to me.

Okay, you're still an enigma to me, but I'm going to do my best to leave you be about this. I could be wrong, you could be right, and we've both got to follow the path before us.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:46 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Quote:
Okay, you're still an enigma to me, but I'm going to do my best to leave you be about this. I could be wrong, you could be right, and we've both got to follow the path before us.
When I said Hannibal was in his own world, you said we all are. Do you now see the difference??

Old 08-28-2016, 10:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
When Hannibal Flavius does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity