Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 03:26 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,814,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
This isn't specifically directed at you it's just that you expressed the sentiment that bothers me.

People not only have a right but should be angry about what is being done in God's name. I would think followers of Christ would be even more concerned than an atheist . This is just one article I came across that details children dying because of their parents religious views. We already know that some religious organizations handle child rape in house by leaving it in God's hands.

I'm not accusing you or your religious organization of this because I don't know you. I know Christians probably find this just as disturbing as I do. Certainly you can understand the outrage. Do people who stand up and say that is unacceptable sound like they hate light?

Can we worry about the abuses of our most vulnerable members of society are being subjected to first and then worry about our own salvation later? I anticipate you saying that children are abused for non religious reasons as well. True. I don't know what the answers are. I do know that a lot is being hidden behind that veil of persecution.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...g-medical-help

Edit:
The shield laws that prevent prosecutions in Idaho are an artifact of the Nixon administration. High-profile child abuse cases in the 1960s led pediatricians and activists to push for laws that combatted it. In order to help states fund such programs, Congress passed the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (Capta), which Richard Nixon signed in 1974.

But there was a fateful catch due to the influence of Nixon advisers John Ehrlichman and J R Haldeman, both lifelong Christian Scientists.

Boston College history professor Alan Rogers explains how the men – later jailed for their role in the Watergate scandal – were themselves members of a faith-healing sect, and acted to prevent their co-religionists being charged with crimes of neglect.

“Because Ehrlichman and Haldeman were Christian Scientists, they had inserted into the law a provision that said those who believe that prayer is the only way to cure illness are exempted from this law,” he said.
Understand your concerns but none of these things are of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is no way on earth that acting out of agape love could EVER justify the labels of bigot, hater, evil or any other type of vulgar terminology. To have agape love one must have love and consideration for the well-being of EVERYONE involved, period. There can be no judgment or condemnation or mistreatment because that would be acting out of selfish concern for the elevation of one's own values above all the others. ALL of your condemners, judges, discriminators, and mistreaters have no clue what agape love IS nor who God IS.
Of course it is. They are NOT acting out of agape love as we are told to do.
Look out over the world and see what kind of love rules this world. The truth is always the enemy of this world.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:30 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,091,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Understand your concerns but none of these things are of God.
Then of who?

They are of the OT god as surely as Joel Olsteen will endrose a candidate soon..

Old 08-29-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Being falsely accused of hatred and bigotry has become routine these days. People are always trying to associate Christians with something negative and evil. Like you mentioned, Jesus said His followers would be hated for His name, and that is exactly what we are seeing.
Thank you, I knew some would understand.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Your opinions not facts, God's truth is contained within the Bible not the walls of a building. My truth is what God gives me to share, you can take it or leave it, your choice.
My facts based on my experience that I have seen...unlike the opinions of a 2000 year old book written by man for men to control the masses.

Yet man builds walls to house the book they claim is the essence of their god?

Old 08-29-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Then of who?

They are of the OT god as surely as Joel Olsteen will endrose a candidate soon..
They are mans rebellious nature being recorded within Gods word to show us what not to do.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
My facts based on my experience that I have seen...unlike the opinions of a 2000 year old book written by man for men to control the masses.

Yet man builds walls to house the book they claim is the essence of their god?
The essence of our God is the Holy Spirit within us, not a building. As for a book to control the masses, that is how man wants to use it but God is the true author and the true enforcer.

Old 08-29-2016, 04:07 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,494,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Since you guys "test" the spirit of all the Bible texts and find it to be not all of God.

Could you do us a favor and list all the bad texts in the Bible?

It would be helpful if we all had some common ground to start our discussions.

So please, someone do this for us "bad guys" that do not know the truth.

Do it because you love us.
its not the bible.

its literal people.

Old 08-29-2016, 04:19 PM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is no way on earth that acting out of agape love could EVER justify the labels of bigot, hater, evil or any other type of vulgar terminology. To have agape love one must have love and consideration for the well-being of EVERYONE involved, period. There can be no judgment or condemnation or mistreatment because that would be acting out of selfish concern for the elevation of one's own values above all the others. ALL of your condemners, judges, discriminators, and mistreaters have no clue what agape love IS nor who God IS.
Of course it is. They are NOT acting out of agape love as we are told to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Being falsely accused of hatred and bigotry has become routine these days. People are always trying to associate Christians with something negative and evil. Like you mentioned, Jesus said His followers would be hated for His name, and that is exactly what we are seeing.
No one is hated for Christ's name in here, Finn. What ARE despised are the actual ACTS of bigotry and discrimination and the name-calling of sinners and those who disagree with the fundamentalists' views of God. Those fundamentalist VIEWS are bigoted and hateful and discriminatory on their own merits. You can pretend that you are being hated and called a bigot because of Jesus, but Jesus has nothing to do with the descriptions of fundamentalist views. Those views are mostly anti-Christ so it is definitely NOT because of Jesus that those views are despised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Wow saying, "False agape love says peace, peace.. but there is no peace ." is so true . It is obvious by what they're constantly posting and the attitude is so angry and fighting against God's truth, so yes, they've got to find a go-to spot to numb that convicted conscience because there truly isn't any peace .
Agape love is absolute. It includes everyone, period. The love fundamentalists profess is false love since it is exclusionary and condemnatory focused on the sins of others instead of their own.
Quote:
We all have had a time or two where we have done something in our lives and felt that dreadful pain of wishing we hadn't done it and know that we can never, ever take it back or change it . And it lives in our conscience never being able to resolve it so that we could forget . Yet, there are times it is triggered and it's like we relive it all over again .
To me that is what it's going to be like for those who never listen and repent turning to God with all their heart and are filled with a heart of gratitude for seeing where they were and were able to let the Holy Spirit cleanse them and change them so that they can know the real peace of God and live in it, amen !
At least that is one thing in our lives being able to turn to God and repent it does get resolved and we are never reminded of those awful moments in/of our past that sin destroyed, stolen from our lives and those awful sinful ways we chose to be and do .
The irony in this accurate description of what the weeping and gnashing of teeth will be like and why is so striking. This is exactly what I fear for you and the other fundamentalists, Cyber. Your defense of wrath and vengeance and your discrimination against those you THINK are sinners is so hard-hearted. You do NOT have the ability to judge ANYONE but yourself because only you and God know what is in your heart and mind. You can NOT know what is in anyone else's heart and mind, PERIOD!!! It is this presumptuous arrogance and judgmentalism that you will be weeping and gnashing your teeth over I'm afraid.
Quote:
Yet, given the opportunity to be able to know and find the forgiveness in our God and choose to repent of our sin and discover that He definitely replaces our sinful ways with His peace, now that is a sure thing, sin never to harass us again, as sin will not have dominion over us, that is a promise from God, amen .
That is why I am so tenacious in trying to get you to repent of your judgmentalism and condemnation of those who do not believe as you do, Cyber. It is NOT your job to do that for anyone but yourself! You automatically assume anyone who disagrees with you is doing so because they are sinners wanting to justify their sins OR you think they are spawn of Satan. The only ones acting like hateful spawn are the fundamentalists, especially toward the "abominations" they call the LGBTQ.
Quote:
Look out over the world and see what kind of love rules this world. The truth is always the enemy of this world.
That should NOT determine what kind of love you exhibit. We are not to be of this world.Agape love considers the well-being of everyone involved, NOT just those they THINK are favored by God.
Quote:
The essence of our God is the Holy Spirit within us, not a building. As for a book to control the masses, that is how man wants to use it but God is the true author and the true enforcer.
This is true, so why do you look to a book when Christ abides with us as the Comforter (Holy Spirit) to guide us to the truth God has "WRITTEN IN OUR HEARTS." Why do you reject what is in your heart for the words "WRITTEN IN INK" in a book? The bottom line: You can NOT sin if you are acting out of agape love for everyone involved.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 08-29-2016 at 04:27 PM..

Old 08-29-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
so lets all get together and call it what it is--AN ERROR RIDDEN MEANINGLESS TOME...not worth the paper it is copied on...

Are you with me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity