Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 06:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yes, the Bible is not an "open book" to everyone. It takes the guidance of the HS to see what is taught and ... humility as well. No one is perfect thus at times we must accept, when sufficient evidence is shown from scripture, that we are wrong.

Notice nit even a couple of verses, just their own words. They exalt their own above God's.
Ah yes, only The Special-est Of God's Most Special-est Snowflakes Ever That Has Ever Been (Stampsies No Rubs Out!) can understand what primitive, Bronze Age people whom Constantinople's Mom decided were channeling god meant when they scribbled stuff on bits of old parchment.

Fer sure!

JWs rule!

All other faiths (or nons) drool!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 07:49 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Because the HS teaches us to understand the Bible not ignore it. After all if the HS was teaching beyond that, there would not be the divisions that exist in all the groups claiming to be taught by the HS.
But Jesus is the WORD and was sent to us by Christ to guide us in following Christ's message, not for following the bible since it had not even been written then--NOR had Jesus ever mentioned such a book..

Old 08-27-2016, 07:57 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Ah yes, only The Special-est Of God's Most Special-est Snowflakes Ever That Has Ever Been (Stampsies No Rubs Out!) can understand what primitive, Bronze Age people whom Constantinople's Mom decided were channeling god meant when they scribbled stuff on bits of old parchment.

Fer sure!

JWs rule!

Only 144,000 of them. Badumdum a little JW humor.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Only 144,000 of them. Badumdum a little JW humor.
By the time our planet winks out, there won't even be a memory left of what a JW was.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:26 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Hey how did you two go from arguing to lovey dovey? Is this some Christian love woowoo?

To gain some understanding. There were many questions I was not allowed to ask. I was told that all other Christians were deceived by Satan and basically watered down. I wanted to see for myself what other people believed. I can't have the Watchtower telling me how to see people that disagree with them. I see my worldview is almost exactly like what you call Agape lovers. The only difference I can see between someone like Pleroo and myself is she says God and I say humanity. Maybe she has information I don't have or maybe I have some she doesn't. Maybe we both have the same and we have different perspectives. Maybe both of us are wrong and you have the missing info. Maybe there are other options. I'm a big believer that everyone should be the hero of their own story. If being the hero means you have followed the path laid out for you by God then that is fine with me too. In my story God knows where I am and he can come get me whenever he wants. If I am too be saved it will be 100% on him. Maybe I have been cast in the role of the damned. Someone's got to be right? Why not me? I am sure not going to believe any man or book that tries to tell me God would hurt me. That is where my faith lies. I have faith that a perfect being will judge me as I should be. That is how I let God go. This is all speculation. All any of us are doing is speculating. The difference is some of us realize that and some of us don't. I don't plan to use my speculative powers to cause pain to another.
My working hypothesis.

And ditto.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:47 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They will NOT answer you, Warden. They do NOT believe Jesus instituted the New Covenant.
Why must you JW's and fundies resort to lies? What Holy Spirit drives what you accept and what you reject? Describe it so we can use the same guidance you claim to use. None of you can, because the only actual guidance you follow is whatever indoctrination into the "precepts and doctrines of men" and dogma you follow. I suspect the Holy Spirit is far from you. Your repeated claims for verses and then ignoring them when they are presented indicates either deceit or an appalling lack of familiarity with the Bible you seem to revere instead of Christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
But Jesus is the WORD and was sent to us by Christ to guide us in following Christ's message, not for following the bible since it had not even been written then--NOR had Jesus ever mentioned such a book.
Amen! Jesus abides with us as the Comforter sent inHis name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts," NOT in a book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Fer sure!
JWs rule!
Your sarcasm is right on target, Trout. They really DO think they are the Specialest of God's snowflakes.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:45 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen! Jesus abides with us as the Comforter sent inHis name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts," NOT in a book.
Your sarcasm is right on target, Trout. They really DO think they are the Specialest of God's snowflakes.
I highly suspect exPat does because he isn't even an active JW and knows about the child sexual abuse and still won't call it. When I was inside I never felt special. That was just reality. They isolate you and use manipulation until they can say whatever they want and you take it as the truth. They do other things like phobia indoctrination too. Your whole world revolves around the religion. It's not unlike any abusive relationship. Some care should be taken just like if you were talking to a woman who is being beat by her husband and kept isolated in her home. I was very sincere in trying to help people when I witnessed to them. I knew I wasn't paradise material so there was no reward but I wanted to help as many as possible. Quite a few JWs are extremely humanitarian. They are not the same as the conservative right at all.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
I highly suspect exPat does because he isn't even an active JW and knows about the child sexual abuse and still won't call it. When I was inside I never felt special. That was just reality. They isolate you and use manipulation until they can say whatever they want and you take it as the truth. They do other things like phobia indoctrination too. Your whole world revolves around the religion. It's not unlike any abusive relationship. Some care should be taken just like if you were talking to a woman who is being beat by her husband and kept isolated in her home. I was very sincere in trying to help people when I witnessed to them. I knew I wasn't paradise material so there was no reward but I wanted to help as many as possible. Quite a few JWs are extremely humanitarian. They are not the same as the conservative right at all.
I'll try to remember that.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:48 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
It's funny when people have nothing to say about the topic, they have to come in and flood the thread with off topic nonsense.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's funny when people have nothing to say about the topic, they have to come in and flood the thread with off topic nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity