Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 09:26 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times

Advertisements

As I said, a cult always emphasizes it's error. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 09:34 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
As I said, a cult always emphasizes it's error. Peace
"Cult" is a word we don't use here on City-Data when referring to any self-identifying Christian church. Peace.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
"Cult" is a word we don't use here on City-Data when referring to any self-identifying Christian church. Peace.

Ok, no problem. Peace

Old 08-30-2016, 12:35 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
Many would say, "What is the difference." Others would say, "Truth is the truth and is not something that might come close to the truth."

The Churches of Christendom are identified with the veneration of the cross. The Churches of Christendom also use other pagan signs, omens and rituals, and try to explain them off as a Christian truth, they can't of course, as the pagan connection is so obvious. To cover this obviousness, the clergy say that tradition should be accepted above the scriptures.

What is your opinion on the use of the cross or crucification for the torture of God's Only begotten son, Jesus Christ?

Naturally, I have a strong concept of this question, however, it is worth discussing here, don't you think?
I don't venerate any symbol. Cross, or stake. The Bible says nails pierced his hands and feet. Plural -- more than 1 nail in his hands. That means his hands were not together above his head, but were apart from each other.

The bigger question though, is what Jesus accomplished on the cross/stake?

Old 08-30-2016, 12:36 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
I don't know that the poster identified any group as being a cult -- only that a cult emphasizes error.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:55 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I don't venerate any symbol. Cross, or stake. The Bible says nails pierced his hands and feet. Plural -- more than 1 nail in his hands. That means his hands were not together above his head, but were apart from each other.

The bigger question though, is what Jesus accomplished on the cross/stake?
Having used 2 nails does not mean they could not be above his head. It could be one hand above the other or 2 nails to secure both hands one on top of another. No indication there was a "cross" bar at all.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:15 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
Many would say, "What is the difference." Others would say, "Truth is the truth and is not something that might come close to the truth."

The Churches of Christendom are identified with the veneration of the cross. The Churches of Christendom also use other pagan signs, omens and rituals, and try to explain them off as a Christian truth, they can't of course, as the pagan connection is so obvious. To cover this obviousness, the clergy say that tradition should be accepted above the scriptures.

What is your opinion on the use of the cross or crucification for the torture of God's Only begotten son, Jesus Christ?

Naturally, I have a strong concept of this question, however, it is worth discussing here, don't you think?
not for me.

The lesson of the cross is what is important.
There are things that knaw at a mans gut worse then death.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:57 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I don't know that the poster identified any group as being a cult -- only that a cult emphasizes error.
No, but it was easy enough for me to know which group he was referring to. I know of only one Christian group that believes Jesus was nailed to a stake. Perhaps you know of others.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Is it important to know if it was a cross or a stake.

The view from an ex-Christian:

No, of course it doesn't matter.

It doesn't even matter if any part of the Jesus story is true.

The legend has taken root. And sprouted into tens of thousands of offshoots.

All, of course, proclaiming truth.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
No, but it was easy enough for me to know which group he was referring to. I know of only one Christian group that believes Jesus was nailed to a stake. Perhaps you know of others.

Actually, I was referring to any of them, it was a generalization of a spiritual principle. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity